Verified Discussions

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Verified Discussions

Post by Surreal » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Hey,

As I mentioned in the October 2018 Staff Update, I'm interested in establishing a discussion area that encourages staff and players to hold focused conversations about what they'd like to see on the server, topical issues, or just to chat about points of interest. Whether we like it or not, threads in General Discussions aren't always the most constructive or focused discussions. Threads in that section are open to everyone, and players who want a serious conversation often express frustration when their thread is derailed by trolls, people with poor forum records, or people making throwaway accounts and ban evading. This new discussion area would be open for the entire community to read, but only members of a certain forum group would be able to make posts or create new threads. This group isn't hard to join, but comes with a few requirements and focuses on including mature, experienced community members who want to generate productive discussion involving players and staff. This forum section is only to discuss Los Santos Roleplay, and will not be a board for off-topic discussions or casual banter. The section will showcase these server-related discussion threads in a clean, easy-to-find fashion for those who want to read or participate in them.

An example of discussions that could be found in the "Verified Discussions" board: a player wishes to create a dialogue around the economy of the server, and what improvements could be made. A player wishes to discuss an issue that they see with the server's Rules of Engagement, and proposes a solution to that issue. A player wishes to flag a prominent suggestion that they'd like to see, and wants to gauge others' opinions.

Relevant staff sub-groups, like Faction Management, or the staff team as a whole, will be encouraged to interact in these constructive discussions. The general idea is that each thread is eventually brought to a close with an action plan or a verdict by server leaders. None of these discussion threads will be derailed, closed by moderators, or riddled with posts that break the boards rules' and distract from the original post. This is to provide an area where discussions can be generated and held at any time, be visible to everybody, and reach a productive conclusion.

Requirements* to participate in the "Verified Discussions" section:
  • Have been active on the server at some point within the last 2 years;
  • Not forum, server or community banned;
  • Have a relatively clean admin record;
  • No recent forum warnings.

*If you do not meet these requirements and genuinely feel you should be included, feel free to request and explain.

If you are interested in participating in the "Verified Discussions" section, then please send Bennemus the following by private message:

PM Title: VERIFIED DISCUSSIONS

Code: Select all

What is your current in-game name and UCP name?

What year did you join the server?

What areas of role-play do you have experience in?

What's the most prominent topic you'd like to discuss in this new section?
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: Verified Discussions

Post by Surreal » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 am

Thanks for the expressions of interest. The section is now active, and 58 users have been added to the usergroup and counting.

You can read the section here and it's under General Discussions on the forum index.

Feel free to send the PM listed above if you're interested in getting involved as a contributor.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Return to “Announcements”