Happy Anniversary LS-RP — 11 years!

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Happy Anniversary LS-RP — 11 years!

Post by Surreal » Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello everybody,

Happy anniversary! Time has flown, and it seems like only yesterday we were celebrating a decade of Los Santos Roleplay. Through everybody's efforts, both staff and players, this server has stood the test of time and continues to do so. Our community thrives with old and news players alike, and we all come together under one banner to enjoy role-play and the experience that this platform has to offer. I've been here since the very start myself, and I still find the time to enjoy the little things and get involved in role-play — it's an experience like no other. We're all here because we enjoy the platform and want to continue enjoying it. Let's not forget that, and make it an enjoyable environment for everybody.

As promised, we opened staff team applications in April/May and have been going through players' letters of interest. As I've said time and time again, it's always very nice to see the overwhelming support from community members, and their continued interest in helping out with our staff team. All of the dedicated people that offer to get involved and help out are the reason that the wheels keep turning behind-the-scenes. If you're somebody who's been around for a long time and knows the ins and outs of the server — you should consider getting involved! There's plenty of different areas for you to delve into and help out with, and there's something for everybody in the staff team. We figured the anniversary would be a great time to introduce a large batch of brand new testers to the team, so we saved that for this mid-month anniversary announcement.

We are mostly finished with our server migration after the recent string of announcements from Mmartin. There won't be any server event this year because the development team have been hard at work with that and ensuring our services are stable as we go along. Mmartin has also been working on bringing more activity into the development team. With otter back on track as our Lead Gamemode Developer and brand new Junior Developers being introduced to the team for the first time in a while, we should see more cyclical/frequent server revisions to address issues, incorporate suggestions and introduce new server features. It is also our intention to explore further player model additions, custom objects, textures and mapping for 2018. You are encouraged to pool your thoughts in the Suggestions Board as the development team will be going through the section in the near future and processing everybody's topics. This is the best platform to voice your ideas and provide opinions on other people's suggestions for server features or tweaks. Quality of life updates are also a big focus of Otter's new development agenda.

Without further ado, congratulations to the following people who will be welcomed into our staff team:

Aesthetic
Antonio Tavarez
Apathy
Azuko
Berserkir
Brandon_Capra
Captain Marty
Cayl
Chuckles
CritiicaL
DadoJ
DaniFoe
Declan
Demonator
Dills
Dropper
Drudkh
Eric_Chirico
Fully Loaded Clips
Gang Related
Jahern
JayKov
Jayy.
Mexican Len
Raymond_Ward
ReseT
Welsh James
Wonderful

Congratulations again, and I look forward to seeing you around the server and the forums! Please contact Jakey to take the next step and be welcomed into the team. He is the point of contact for the Tester Team as your Head of Testers.

To bring this announcement to a close, I'll summarise by saying that we plan to keep the boat steady and continue to improve as a server. After recent events including the server migration, it's all about getting back on track, upping our development team activity and continuing to work on improving the ins and outs of the server. We'll still be chugging along with our monthly staff updates and will be opening staff team recruitment in another couple of months after the Summer period. I ask everybody to enjoy the server and celebrate our 11th anniversary — look forward to what the rest of the year has to offer in terms of new official factions, new server features and revisions and more. Keep an eye out over the comings months and we'll be making more announcements as we continue through the year, as per usual. There's a lot in the pipeline!

Thank you everybody, and here's to another year!
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Brooks
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Wade Brooks

Re: Happy Anniversary LS-RP — 11 years!

Post by Brooks » Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Oh man. Congratulations to everyone. Thank you for the chance.

owen
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by owen » Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Congratulations to everyone!

Flip
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Flip » Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Congratulations guys!

Davis
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Davis » Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Congratulations all.

Declan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Declan » Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Congratulations

r0yal
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by r0yal » Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 pm

congrats dropper and declan

Coral
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Samuel Amato

Post by Coral » Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Congratulations, good luck!

Aesthetic
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Aesthetic » Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Thank you and congratulations to everyone!

RomeoEyes
Game Administrator
Ingame name: Snow

Post by RomeoEyes » Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Grats!!

Cayl
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Cayl » Thu May 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Congratulations.

BritishPie
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Tim Wright

Post by BritishPie » Thu May 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Congrats to my babies Jahern and ReseT <3

Bellagio
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Bellagio » Thu May 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Congratulations everyone! Big up for my man Drudkh & Mexican Len.

Klunnijs
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Klunnijs » Thu May 17, 2018 6:38 pm

s/o Jayy. Congratulations.

VaudeVillian
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -

Post by VaudeVillian » Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 pm

The fact Nizarr isn't tester makes me wanna kill myself