A Decade of LS-RP - Environment Mapping (7/12)

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Grandpa.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: A Decade of LS-RP - Environment Mapping (7/12)

Post by Grandpa. » Tue May 23, 2017 11:16 pm

This is great!
Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.
Rest in peace my friend George

Freddo
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: LSRPs Jim Lahey

Post by Freddo » Tue May 23, 2017 11:44 pm

These should have just been made downloadable, so that way people have a choice in the matter when it comes to what environment mods they prefer in their game.
I don't feel that this was a bad idea or that any of these are of bad quality but they're lacking small details that really enhance the overall environment. For example small amounts of graffiti on stuff like street signs and walls or trash on the floor, stuff like that. I feel as well made as they are, they're rather bland in some places. Not so much the ones related to the Hospital or Beach. But the ones in the Hood/Ghetto areas are lacking what others can make with a 3rd party mod instead of something that is server-side.
I understand that because of it being server-side you aren't gonna see some floating dude who's rp'ly on a chair, I get that helps the overall immersion, but it can very easily be roleplayed for those who don't have the mod installed, or more so choose to not have the mod installed.
If you could improve on this in any way, the best thing to do would be open up the mapping that has been created, essentially allowing people to edit making it much easier and friendly for mod creators. This way all this new mapping can stay server-side, and it can allow people to have a bit more choice in the matter. Also, then when lets say a different faction is roleplaying at the said location, it can be more oriented to the type of roleplay that they're portraying. This will also allow modders to edit the mapping much much more easily, because at the moment the only way I see it if someone wanted to add graffiti for example to this new mapping, they'd have to replicate everything that has been made in 3ds or whatever they use, just to get a chance to come close to actually adding their factions twist to it.
Other than that cool update none the less, and I'm looking forward to the others that are coming. Sorry this was rather long.

Dagan
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Dagan » Tue May 23, 2017 11:47 pm

Freddo wrote:These should have just been made downloadable, so that way people have a choice in the matter when it comes to what environment mods they prefer in their game.
I don't feel that this was a bad idea or that any of these are of bad quality but they're lacking small details that really enhance the overall environment. For example small amounts of graffiti on stuff like street signs and walls or trash on the floor, stuff like that. I feel as well made as they are, they're rather bland in some places. Not so much the ones related to the Hospital or Beach. But the ones in the Hood/Ghetto areas are lacking what others can make with a 3rd party mod instead of something that is server-side.
I understand that because of it being server-side you aren't gonna see some floating dude who's rp'ly on a chair, I get that helps the overall immersion, but it can very easily be roleplayed for those who don't have the mod installed, or more so choose to not have the mod installed.
If you could improve on this in any way, the best thing to do would be open up the mapping that has been created, essentially allowing people to edit making it much easier and friendly for mod creators. This way all this new mapping can stay server-side, and it can allow people to have a bit more choice in the matter. Also, then when lets say a different faction is roleplaying at the said location, it can be more oriented to the type of roleplay that they're portraying. This will also allow modders to edit the mapping much much more easily, because at the moment the only way I see it if someone wanted to add graffiti for example to this new mapping, they'd have to replicate everything that has been made in 3ds or whatever they use, just to get a chance to come close to actually adding their factions twist to it.
Other than that cool update none the less, and I'm looking forward to the others that are coming. Sorry this was rather long.
I understand /COMEPLETELY/
I actually myself already had a mod for a few of these locations, and now they conflict with each other.

Ren
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ren » Wed May 24, 2017 12:14 am

Great mapping that'll bring about loads of roleplay, really digging that parole office.
persian rugs,
but she's from nicaragua

Basket Guru
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Sasuya

Post by Basket Guru » Wed May 24, 2017 12:24 am

Damn son, looks real good

Sebz

Post by Sebz » Wed May 24, 2017 12:45 am

Some of these will really change how vehicle pursuits go and I can't wait to see how these change the flow. Great update.

Bailey
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Jeffery

Post by Bailey » Wed May 24, 2017 1:11 am

Outstanding update!

shotthewagon
Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingame name: Brodie_Sittner

Post by shotthewagon » Wed May 24, 2017 1:27 am

Awesome.

Ryder
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Midnight Avina

Post by Ryder » Wed May 24, 2017 1:58 am

Love the update, good work guys.

However I don't think the Unity Train Dept is that great, looks like Checkas has just tossed a bunch of large objects in there to fill in space.

KLVN
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: El Padrino

Post by KLVN » Wed May 24, 2017 2:03 am

Surreal wrote::mrgreen:

Props to the environment mod makers who inspired some of the projects that were worked on.

Looking forward to you re-releasing your mod packs to go over/complement the existing solid mapping now. The ambience mods set a nice baseline that everyone can see in the hoods, but modified extra detail would be fantastic.
Inspired by but completely different and somewhat redundant. The train station is a mess, there are way too many items there. First of all why are there so many containers it isn't a freight or cargo train. The water tower is also a mystery and all the extra items leave me clueless as to what purpose they serve, how are they supposed to create roleplay? The path to the warehouse is purposely blocked but the mapper was nice enough to put a little ramp for your pursuits which means it will often be abused by people evading on bikes (great). It looks like something out of NGRP or a TDM server.

Also please for the love of god remove the the blinking red light in front of the train, it's quit annoying and unappealing to the eye. I can't even stand near the court without the flashing red light distracting me. Again I'd like to know what purpose it serves especially when the train doesn't even move. I'm baffled as to why certain factions who you are trying to help weren't even contacted for any input. FYI who's bright idea was it to put umbrellas on the tables, looking like a summer picnic in suburban ghetto Seville, speechless.

raw sylk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by raw sylk » Wed May 24, 2017 2:17 am

I cannot agree more with the post above. I'll say again, with all due respect to mappers and developers, this was completly unnecessary and it's a huge step back.

Orren_Diamond
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Orren_Diamond » Wed May 24, 2017 2:21 am

raw sylk wrote:I cannot agree more with the post above. I'll say again, with all due respect to mappers and developers, this was completly unnecessary and it's a huge step back.
to be honest, I totally agree with him too. Shouldn't be an update

sEkiro
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Unknown

Post by sEkiro » Wed May 24, 2017 2:27 am

Looks good

NEME$I$
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by NEME$I$ » Wed May 24, 2017 2:37 am

msot of this sub-standard mapping that has no place on the server.

Zach.
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Zach. » Wed May 24, 2017 2:41 am

Some of the mapping is great but the posts above are correct, somewhat redundant and it also just makes environment mods pointless. Now if you use 46 Mafia Outlaw's environment it won't look right cus there's already a court there ect.

Return to “Announcements”