A Decade of LS-RP - State Government & Staff Update (6/12)

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

haraldo1
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Rupert Hepburn

Re: A Decade of LS-RP - State Government & Staff Update (6/12)

Post by haraldo1 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:45 pm

Congratulations to all, admins and testers.

DRUNKY
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Mauricio Echevarria

Post by DRUNKY » Sun May 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Way to go, great update.

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

Post by Chanel » Tue May 30, 2017 11:57 am

Why is there no mayor for Los Santos? It makes no sense darlings. Los Santos needs a mayor and that's always been a mayor omg.....

Jake McDouglas

Post by Jake McDouglas » Tue May 30, 2017 12:18 pm

Yeah, I think there should be a mayor

Kojotot
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kojotot » Wed May 31, 2017 3:06 pm

So when is the new GOV update going to get implemented (approx. time)?

Larose
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Post by Larose » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Kojotot wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 3:06 pm
Also wondering this, seeing how the current government is unreachable and no RP is there to be had with them it's sort of awkward still having the hotline around.

Bloodseeker
sloth
sloth

Post by Bloodseeker » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:19 am

Larose wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:06 pm
Kojotot wrote:
Also wondering this, seeing how the current government is unreachable and no RP is there to be had with them it's sort of awkward still having the hotline around.
That's an issue regarding the playerbase being/not being interested in the type of roleplay we offer. Faction has close to (if not slightly more) 40 members and it's top-heavy, meaning that more than half of the members are a part of the management team. To be completely honest, the faction is more reachable than ever. You can't base accessibility solely on "/call 1-800-GOV". We have forums that you can use to contact us. The "government update" isn't really changing anything about that... This is largely a structural change by the looks of it.

Mark_Warner
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Joe Warner

Post by Mark_Warner » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Bloodseeker wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:19 am
Larose wrote:
Kojotot wrote:
That's an issue regarding the playerbase being/not being interested in the type of roleplay we offer. Faction has close to (if not slightly more) 40 members and it's top-heavy, meaning that more than half of the members are a part of the management team. To be completely honest, the faction is more reachable than ever. You can't base accessibility solely on "/call 1-800-GOV". We have forums that you can use to contact us. The "government update" isn't really changing anything about that... This is largely a structural change by the looks of it.
It'll change standards, right now the faction lacks standards in recruiting the members and in handling stuff, also lacks creativity in creating RP.
And 1-800-GOV is a pretty good indication of a faction's activity.
ROUX, that everyone called dead, picked up the phone more than GOV does.

Structural change is important because current faction leadership (Not mayor and deputy) but the other "static" government management are below par in terms of standards.

OhSoFly
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: brought to you by the NGR

Post by OhSoFly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Great work, I look forward to implementation

Bloodseeker
sloth
sloth

Post by Bloodseeker » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Mark_Warner wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:56 pm
Bloodseeker wrote:
Larose wrote:

It'll change standards, right now the faction lacks standards in recruiting the members and in handling stuff, also lacks creativity in creating RP.

Structural change is important because current faction leadership (Not mayor and deputy) but the other "static" government management are below par in terms of standards.
Seeing as you're so creative yourself, should I blame your lack of suggestions to incompetence or something else, during your tenure? (don't even mention the thing about filling your own pockets...) Ranting is the easy part. Right now, we have about everything that could be (at least semi-)successfully be adapted from real life to LSRP. Feel free to share if you have any ideas.
If it were anyone else, I would have shrugged this comment off... but you among everyone else out there? Come on dude, you've been in the faction. You know very well that;

1) Not everyone can answer the landline (due to restrictions, both IC and OOC, of course)
2) Not everyone is occupied with their jobs all the time
3) With a memberbase of 40~ and a quarter of the faction more active than the rest, you just cannot satisfy the needs of 400+ players.
4) Finally, you cannot compare the workload of a governmental agency to that of a "private corporation". The server never relied on Roux (scriptwisely, of course), but the server relies on the government. ---> More calls at any given time, midnight or midmorning, in opposition to how Roux received their calls - at targeted hours by certain people.

I hope this answers your concerns.

Mark_Warner
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Joe Warner

Post by Mark_Warner » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Bloodseeker wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:02 pm
Mark_Warner wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:56 pm
Bloodseeker wrote:

Seeing as you're so creative yourself, should I blame your lack of suggestions to incompetence or something else, during your tenure? (don't even mention the thing about filling your own pockets...) Ranting is the easy part. Right now, we have about everything that could be (at least semi-)successfully be adapted from real life to LSRP. Feel free to share if you have any ideas.
If it were anyone else, I would have shrugged this comment off... but you among everyone else out there? Come on dude, you've been in the faction. You know very well that;

1) Not everyone can answer the landline (due to restrictions, both IC and OOC, of course)
3) With a memberbase of 40~ and a quarter of the faction more active than the rest, you just cannot satisfy the needs of 400+ players.
4) Finally, you cannot compare the workload of a governmental agency to that of a "private corporation". The server never relied on Roux (scriptwisely, of course), but the server relies on the government. ---> More calls at any given time, midnight or midmorning, in opposition to how Roux received their calls - at targeted hours by certain people.

I hope this answers your concerns.
I won't get in debates, but because of me, and me alone, city hall was crowded daily for a month, people interacted with city, so I'll respect your opinion on that matter, but the vast majority of people who rp'ed then knows otherwise.

I'll be sharing ideas with THE NEW GOVERNMENT nothing ever shared with the names that are currently in government for the past 3 terms ever came to light, I can't say I've seen any idea since Vaughn left be implemented save for my lottery that you're roasting mainly because of me spamming Kai (Richardson) and managing to get it going without ever taking credit IC for it (Licensing and Richardson got the credit for it ICly in SAN interviews and what not.)

The only thing I see the so called superiors do since Summers is basically factionize a huntley outside their houses.

I won't go attacking the faction, but one thing to say is that if you're satisfied and convinced that the faction is "Where it needs to be" and that the 40 members (mainly taxi drivers that are basically online framing paychecks and never driving a taxi.) are all top rpers, then fine sure that's your opinion.
I haven't met a single person OOC/IC who praised the government for the past 6 months or so.
So don't deny that alot of change is needed.
If it was my call I'd wipe the entire "Management/Executive" teams.
Have an application (Especially for the leadership roles) (OOC/IC) handled by the new supervising admins to make sure the new team are someone who actually RPs their characters and is actually EVER online.
The only thing that fucked the faction is leadership, I've RPed with late Vaughn Government, Summers, Richardson, City Managers and now.
While Mecovy and underhill try to fix things, most things are mainly fucked up still.

I won't debate any further though.

Max1M
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Frank Underhill

Post by Max1M » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Mark_Warner wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:42 pm

The only thing that fucked the faction is leadership, I've RPed with late Vaughn Government, Summers, Richardson, City Managers and now.
While Mecovy and underhill try to fix things, most things are mainly fucked up still.
That's what happens when the same group of people are "elected" every election.

Michael Westbrook
Narc
Narc
Ingame name: Frank Vaughn

Post by Michael Westbrook » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:19 am

Max1M wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 pm
Mark_Warner wrote:

An unnecessary and uninformed cheap shot.

OhSoFly
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: brought to you by the NGR

Post by OhSoFly » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:09 am

Michael Westbrook wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:19 am
Max1M wrote:
Mark_Warner wrote:

From my experience rping in/around GOV, I'd say there's just been a missing 1 year chunk of GOV rp with Summers/Valentine mayors achieving literally nothing but a successful election campaign and basically leaving licensing to operate as a gang with SWAT personell on speed dial extorting businesses. I guess it's the same as real life, a good campaigner doesn't always translate into a good politician.

Max1M
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Frank Underhill

Post by Max1M » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:40 am

Michael Westbrook wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:19 am
Max1M wrote:
Mark_Warner wrote:

Just my opinion, wasn't trying to target you as you did actually do stuff and brought a change to CITY.

Return to “Announcements”