New Essential Businesses & Faction Businesses

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

New Essential Businesses & Faction Businesses

Post by Surreal » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Hey everyone,

I hope you're looking forward to your New Years plans as we finally escape 2016 and move into 2017!
As a first step into looking at the problems with businesses, I felt it was necessary to address the fact that there are a distinct lack of basic businesses like 24/7s, food establishments, etc in areas that would be considered "low income" for the business. Again, this stems from the issue that businesses are very expensive, and players want to maximise what profit they can obtain by placing the business in a popular area of the server. I think not being able to find a local business for basic needs like 24/7 and /eat breaks immersion when you're trying to role-play a realistic environment. To address this, I thought that I would plant some new "essential" businesses around the locations that are missing them.

On top of that, I would like to extend the offer for official factions (and even major unofficial factions) to have businesses of their choice added to their neighbourhoods/turf. Similar to lease businesses, these will not be sellable to other players and only serve to enhance the experience for your faction and those that role-play in your area of the map. This only relates to smaller roleplay-centric businesses, like barber shops, pawn shops, laundromats, tattoo parlors, small bars/diners, and so on - not huge nightclubs or anything like that. Depending on the nature of your faction, we can discuss nightclubs/bars and stirp clubs etc, but the intention is for most of these to be on the public lease system.

If you are an official faction leader or a leader of a prominent unofficial faction that is interested in having new businesses added to your turf/area to enhance role-play and the general atmosphere, please drop me a private message and start a line of communication with me - just make the subject of your PM "<Faction Name> - Faction Businesses" when you send me a message about it. I'd be happy to hear what you'd like to arrange for your area. This is the start of trying to move away from unobtainable businesses that restrict people's creative freedom, and moving towards making them more accessible. In turn, this should result in more available/active role-play environments for players.

On that note, I would also like to mention that we have been removing vehicle dealerships from players this week. They serve as heavy money-generating businesses that require zero input or role-play and that is something we also want to move away from. All player-owned businesses should have a role-play component and an interior to role-play in and it is our preference that these businesses are owned by the server account so the money goes out the server.

This update mainly focuses on county coverage for basic businesses, as I would like most of the inner-city turf areas to be determined by the factions that control the main activity and role-play in those areas. All of this is in addition to the future changes to the business and lease system, which will pose more business options to independent players. Please read on below to see what businesses have been added so far for your own awareness:

"The Second Amendment" (Palomino Creek Ammu-nation)
With San Andreas' new open-carry laws for the county and the fact that not all role-players base themselves around inner-city locations: I've added a new state-owned Ammu-nation business to Palomino Creek for players to use. This serves as a legal location for license holders to obtain their registered firearms and also prevents people from having to travel long distance with weapons in their vehicles if they own and live in a county-based property.

(Note: No matter where the Ammu-nation is, any abuse of your weapon license is logged!)

"Deep Creek Pizza" (Palomino Creek Pizza Stack)

Fills the absence of /eat/fast food role-play locations in the Palomino Creek side of the county.

"Gordon St General Store" (Palomino Creek 24/7)

Fills the absence of 24/7 role-play and command locations in the Palomino Creek side of the county.

Blueberry Pizza Stack

Fills the absence of /eat/fast food role-play locations in the Blueberry side of the county.

"Cardinal Ave General Store" (Blueberry 24/7)

Fills the absence of 24/7 role-play and command locations in the Blueberry side of the county.

Fort Carson 24/7 (Next to the gas pumps)

Fills the absence of 24/7 role-play and command locations in the Fort Carson side of the county.

Angel Pine Cluckin' Bell

Fills the absence of /eat/fast food role-play locations in the Angel Pine side of the county.

"Ocean Front Market" (Verona Beach 24/7)

"Ocean Bvd Coin Laundry" (Verona Beach Laundromat)

"The Juke Joint" (Verona Beach Bar)

"Pueblo Viejo" (Los Flores Diner)

"Garcia's Discount" (East Los Santos 24/7)

I will use this thread (with new posts) to update you on any additional businesses that are added in. These will more than likely all be related to factions due to the offer I wrote about above to enhance neighbourhood role-play.

Thanks for reading,
Surreal
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: New Essential Businesses & Faction Businesses

Post by Surreal » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:19 pm

"Bone County Gun Club" (Fort Carson Ammu-nation)
With San Andreas' new open-carry laws for the county and the fact that not all role-players base themselves around inner-city locations: I've added a new state-owned Ammu-nation business to Fort Carson for players to use. This serves as a legal location for license holders to obtain their registered firearms and also prevents people from having to travel long distance with weapons in their vehicles if they own and live in a county-based property.

(Note: No matter where the Ammu-nation is, any abuse of your weapon license is logged!)

"The Coyote Den" (Market Diner)

Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:30 am

Fort Carson Bank
Another location for players to interact with their finances and collect their paychecks. This has been re-added to Fort Carson to enable full map coverage for banks so there is no need to travel a long distance.

(The safe-zone rules still apply to this bank, as well as all the other banks.)

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:32 am

"Sity Wings" (Ganton Diner)

"Montgomery General Store" (Montgomery 24/7)

Fills the absence of 24/7 role-play and command locations in the Montgomery side of the county.

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:58 pm

"Club Imperial" (Market Club)

"Kenny's Kutz" (East Los Santos Barber)

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:40 pm

El Corona Pawn Shop

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:26 pm

54th Street Gym (East Los Santos Gym)

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Dead End Barber Shop (Seville Barber Shop)

2007 — 2019.

Return to “Announcements”