PSA: Mail Servers

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

otter
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

PSA: Mail Servers

Post by otter » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi,

Over the last couple of days we have been facing several issues pertaining to our mail servers. What this means is that any automated e-mails from our services (e.g. two factor authentication when logging in-game or verifying an IP address on an .lsgov domain) will not have been delivered to your inbox until now. In response to this, several measures have been put in place to try and ensure that similar issues do not arise again in the future; more steps will be taken over the course of the next week or two to further solidify our stance on trying to combat such disruption.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and ask that you remain patient whilst we work on further safeguarding our mail servers.

— otter

otter
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: PSA: Mail Servers

Post by otter » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Just to clarify, some issues are still being ironed out; please be patient. This will now be the primary thread for updates.

otter
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: PSA: Mail Servers

Post by otter » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:16 pm

25/SEP/2016

Mail servers are - for the most part - running as normal. For now, I cannot completely rule out the probability of similar disruption coming back to bite, but the right people are on the job and will be taking the necessary steps to minimise the chances of issues arising again in the near future. Whilst I understand that this kind of turbulence can be incredibly frustrating for you as an end-user, you'll just have to have faith in us when we say that work is being done behind the scenes to remedy situations of this nature. At the moment, there is a massive back-log of e-mails that are still being sent out which means that you may get several older ones through that were supposed to be delivered over the course of the last week; these will come at what may seem like random intervals.

Should you have any further queries or concerns in regards to these recent issues or encounter any other problems pertaining to our mail servers, feel free to send me a message on the forums and / or reach out to me on IRC. If you're still having trouble with any of our services, please open a support ticket @ http://www.support.foco.co - our ticket support team will be more than happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

— otter

Return to “Announcements”