[Tutorial] How to register an account!

Keegan_Campbell
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[Tutorial] How to register an account!

Post by Keegan_Campbell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:18 pm

LS:RP ~ How to register an account with the server.

Okay, so you may have been looking around these forums for a short while now. You may have been thinking:
"Woah, this is AMAZING! How do I become apart of this?"
Well, becoming a member of the LS:RP community is very simple, and this tutorial shall help you along with this.

Step One.

Step one is very simple. Go to the site; http://cp.ls-rp.com/. You can either use the link that I have provided, or click the 'User Control Panel' link on these forums.

Step Two

The first thing on this site you need to do, is register an account. This is very simple to begin with, as all you need to do at this stage is click 'Register'. You then fill out the roleplay exam, ticking the correct answers to the ten questions that have been provided. After doing this exam, you will wait a few seconds - before the option to continue registering appears.

Step Three

At this stage it is crucial that you read through the servers terms of use, and the SA-MP license agreement. After reading through this you type in the box's the words you are told to say, to confirm that you have read through these two pieces of information.

Step Four

You're now very close to beginning your LS:RP life. At this stage you should be at the character registration. This is the point in which you're able to choose your LS:RP username. This is the username/nickname that you connect to the server too with SA:MP.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you use an email account that you have access too, and that it is secure. You don't want anyone else getting access to your LS:RP account, due to using an incorrect email.

Step Five

You should receive an email to the address you provided, it may have gone into a different section than the inbox - so make sure you look around. Open the email and you shall find your username and password. These are what you access the LS:RP control panel with currently, so remember to keep these safe. The password will look strange, but don't worry - you can change that later.

Step Six

At this stage you should have got into your account via the control panel, and a strange and complicated test may have appeared. Do not fear! This is a roleplay test the LS:RP staff have created in order to find out if you're suitable for the server or not. It wont ask you any personal questions, just some details about your character. It will ask you several roleplaying terms, and ask for the servers rules & definitions on them. Don't worry, all of this is overlooked by JUST the staff of LS:RP - nobody else will be able to see what you have put, unless you give it to them.

Step Seven

After a short while your application may have been accepted. If it has, congraulations - you're now apart of the LS:RP community. At this point you're able to change your skin & password, and connect to the LS:RP server! If you failed; unlucky - but don't give up - you can always delete the test you took, and try again. The staff member that has read over your application will have told you what is wrong with the application, so you change it next time around.

I hope that this tutorial has helped you join the LS:RP community. If you have any other worries, related to this thread, please post them here - and a current member of the LS:RP community/and or staff shall help you.
KEG

reveL
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: LS:RP ~ How to register an account with the server.

Post by reveL » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:48 pm

Nice writeup, Will deffently help beginners.

Edit the post and put "Make sure not to Copy and paste the Answers for the exam from anywhere else!" Or something similar.

Aero
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by Aero » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:59 am

Nice guide. We'll see where it goes. :wink:

rockshock
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Eastside kingpin

Post by rockshock » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 am

Stickied. I can see this helping alot of people. Nice work KEG.
Matty Calvo

Olmos high school student / 38th Street local teen
Spoiler: show
Andy "Snoops" Estevez

Dead. Shot down by SD officers at Verona beach highway after a chase.

Luiz Espinoza

Old man. Still alive

Jose Samos

Dead. Southside Locote OG

williamsj0
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: money

Post by williamsj0 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:45 am

I think this can help alot, good job!

Stian
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Stian » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:37 am

This IS awesome, and VERY helpful, but most of the people that try to join the server, I really doubt they go on forums or know about them at first.
I, Vanille, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fulfill the groups purpose!

MDolce
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jerome Thunder

Post by MDolce » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Great job Keegan! It will help alot.
I, MDolce/Javier Ignac, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fufill the groups purpose!

Tobias_McNamara

Post by Tobias_McNamara » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:24 am

This DOES help a lot... it tells me that, for some reason or another, I've skipped several steps in the registration. I registered at cp.ls-rp.com under this exact username and everything went great until after step five, when I tried to login. I repeatedly got a failed login after very carefully entering my password, case sensitive. At first, when I tried to join the server after step five (I thought I was done) and it kicked me, I thought it might have a bug or something, but this told me that I was missing something.

So yeah, it did help. But now I need more help... please?

Keegan_Campbell
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Keegan_Campbell » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:16 am

Tobias_McNamara wrote:This DOES help a lot... it tells me that, for some reason or another, I've skipped several steps in the registration. I registered at cp.ls-rp.com under this exact username and everything went great until after step five, when I tried to login. I repeatedly got a failed login after very carefully entering my password, case sensitive. At first, when I tried to join the server after step five (I thought I was done) and it kicked me, I thought it might have a bug or something, but this told me that I was missing something.

So yeah, it did help. But now I need more help... please?

Feel free to PM me or any member of staff, and they can help you.
Also, if anyone else wishes for a specific thread to be created regarding how to do something related to the server, feel free to PM me and I shall see what I can do.
KEG

Circa
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Circa » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Excellent guide, Keg!

Alan_Hill

Post by Alan_Hill » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:07 pm

it says Congratulations! You managed the test! but it doesnt takes me to the second step "|

Keegan_Campbell
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Keegan_Campbell » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:32 am

Alan_Hill wrote:it says Congratulations! You managed the test! but it doesnt takes me to the second step "|

Screenshot your whole page for me please, and post it on this thread/to myself.
KEG

Fuc
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Fuc » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:19 pm

great guide, good job Keg :D
simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

lil squirt

Post by lil squirt » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:31 pm

hey can someone help me please i wanna try this server but when i do the first quiz on cp.ls-rp.com to register then i press post answers and it takes me to like a login screen i think so if anyone knows why can you help me please?

edit: i got it so never mind thanks though, i must have not been getting the first quiz far enough or something haha, thanks

Dagothz

Im having an issue with the registration

Post by Dagothz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Well i've passed all the test properly , everything was accepted , except for my name : i use the first name of a coworker and the last name of my grand-father and it made Clint Walker.

i got denied one time , google the name clint walker and found out it was a famous actor in the 50's anyway the problem is not about that , i deleted my application and start back from the start .... but you can't change you're username!!!

I repass the test , refilled all the box and added a note telling i know the name is not approved but i cannot change it! i ask the person that check my application to either tell me how to change it ( i've overlook the forum first and try every option before doing this) or to change it for me, But i was told to make a new account....

But my email is in used and unlike many people i don't use other mail system , in fact i've got the same email since 1998 and everytime i make an account on other email supplier i just end up never looking for my mail forgetting the password and username and not using it at all.

also i've filled the paperwork a couple of time , im getting tired i mean everything was accepted i fear that if i just copy paste everything i wrote down another admin could see that as a fraud and ban that account aswell

To be brief i've passed all the test and its taking me forever to get my account over a little username issue... Is there a way for an admin to change that username so that i still use the same email ??? or do i really have to create another email and probably never receive any mail from ls-rp since i will most likely never check it.... completly deleting my cp.ls-rp account would work ?

My account name is : Clint_Walker

Thx in advance for a solution!

Return to “Archive”