[L&A]Reg's Truckers Association

Archive for dead / inactive faction topics.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Miss101
Mafia
Mafia

Re: Reg's Truckers Association

Post by Miss101 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Gosh, I remember this faction from 2012 when it was scripted.I didn't expect for it to turn out so great,I joined it because I was bored and waiting for apps for SD to open.But then I stayed for a while and had a great time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrgUmf7UArg (video is pretty boring, feel free to skip ahead, was my first SAMP vid)
Im glad to see this faction is still alive and running, and I love the screens.Keep it up! =D

decondelite
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Jarek Kellum

Post by decondelite » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:56 am

Tolic wrote:No worries mate, life comes at first place. I'm struggling with my job and free time, it's not possible for me to be active daily. I would like just to ask from you to check the website, new players that want to register are having some problems.
I can't do shit if I'm not told what's the problem exactly.
Image Am a su-per trucker, am gonna rule the world, with ma su-per natural humor!~
Come and drive with me, to the Red County, to the RCTT!~

Duda duda duda doo, am a super trucker!~
Duda duda duda doo, su-per trucker!~

(Parody of Miss Papaya - Super Girl)

Tolic
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Tolic » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:32 pm

decondelite wrote:
Tolic wrote:No worries mate, life comes at first place. I'm struggling with my job and free time, it's not possible for me to be active daily. I would like just to ask from you to check the website, new players that want to register are having some problems.
I can't do shit if I'm not told what's the problem exactly.
I told him to PM you.

Tolic
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Tolic » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Last edited by Tolic on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegas
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Eli Winchester

Post by Vegas » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:47 pm

To all members, ex-members, fellow truckers, helpful sheriff's and others,

Reg's Truckers Association has been around for roughly three years. We started as a small community just when the old trucker system got implemented. We all ranked up together to be able to drive the linerunners. We drove in convoys, we did barbecues, we helped fellow truckers and we were the eyes and ears for the police in some situations. It's been a long road, we've been official, started at our trucker terminal in blueberry. It took us over a year to get us moved to our long expected new headquarters, across the street. An empty warehouse was turned in to a compound where our members could safely rest and maintenance the association's vehicles and even their own vehicles. Sometimes we got raided by a small army of gangsters, which ended most of the time in some enjoyable RP with the Sheriff's Department.

We've endlessly been harassed by different MC's (Which I never liked, lol) who always wanted us to transport their stuff or simply wanted money from us for whatever reason. White Devils, Aryans, Road Slayers, Mongols.. We've survived them all eventually.

We even had our own businesses. Well, owned by one of the members of the association ofcourse, since the association actually never owned anything, because we were a non-profit association. The so-called Welcome Pump in Dillimore was every time it was opened filled with a great atmosphere, visited by all kinds of people from throughout the community. Sheriff's and bikers were basically sitting next to eachother. We lost that bar due to an unfortunate situation, My computer was messed up and I couldn't log in or visit the forums for three weeks. So it got a-sold. The Flint County Gas station, also known as the Reg's Truckers Stop was our latest addition to the association. Our own gas station that would connect all the truckers with the only need for their vehicles - Fuel.

Last year, the guys (Me, Milorad and Toni) who leaded RTA from 2012 'till 2013 didn't managed to have enough time to run the faction. Instead of closing it, we took the risk to hand over the leadership to a few less experienced, but promising members of the faction. They literally fucked it up, got banned and RTA lost it's official status in October 2013.

In November 2013, the old crew (Me, Milorad and Toni) decided to pick it up again and wait for the new trucker script, which was announced in October. Months passed with just regular activity, Jarek (Decondelite) joined us, which was a huge addition to the association. We were doing convoys in the meanwhile and trucking around until in May the new script was released.

Everybody was a trucker. Everybody was asking RTA how it works and if we can help them out, SA foods was getting a regular spot to get robbed, so we organized convoys with a lot of truckers to scare them off. We were very active that period, so we started to get our faction organized to prepare ourselves to give the official status a try, again.

In June, a few members went MIA (Missing in action) and we've never heard of them again. Also, Toni and Milorad got a full time job and decided to leave their post as Deputy Director to focus on their real life, which always has been our only rule; ''Real life comes first!'' Me (Eli) was since February working full time and luckily had some spare time throughout the week to play mostly during schooltimes.

Now we're here. Summer is here, we're visiting our friends and we're enjoying the summer. Logically everybody does not spend that much time behind his computer screen in the summer, comparing to the winter time. And so has RTA, activity has dropped to an all time low, I've never seen it so inactive. Maybe it's the fault of me, not having enough time to run a faction.

Like Jarek said, a faction cannot live with just ''wish you good luck''. Hundreds of posts has been posted with good luck, or people saying that they were going to join us. In most cases, we've never heard of them anymore. Activity has been a really big issue the last year - People who are new join us, we familiarize them with LS-RP and then they head off - going to PD/SD or going illegal. We taught a lot of players on this server how to start your life in Los Santos. A few sticked around, became High Command and taught the new members the same. Trucking requires dedication - You have to fight for everything, you will not get anything for granted. As example our HQ when we were official. It took us over a year of bothering admins, dev's and damian to get it implemented. The code and the coords for the mapping were provided at day one.

So, this is the end. RTA closes for now, maybe in the future we might get back, when we've got enough free time to lead a faction. In the meanwhile, I wish all of you the best, thank you all for the fun and roleplay you guys created with us.

I'd like to thank in particular the following guys - some have left the community unfortunately -;
TRANSPORTER! - Milorad Brankovic/Stankovic. My buddy who always has been there to lead RTA. He taught me alot with Toni and Richie.

Tolic - Toni Tolic. The guy with the permanent yellow hardhat. Bro for life, you've been one hell of a leader mate. You taught me stuff about trucking which helped my roleplay tremendously!

Thorne - Richie Thorne. For some of us, the ''real'' leader of RTA. At least in my eyes. I joined RTA in 2011. Richie was the guy who led RTA back then and was one hell of a guy. Time flies.

Decondelite - Jarek Kellum. Our ''youngest'' addition the RTA, your commitment to the faction was unbelievable. You were always there to help me out with our buggy website and ingame when there were problems. Together we managed to back off a lawsuit against the association.

Take care y'all, we'll see eachother ingame!

Yours Truly,

Eli Winchester - (Fulbright/Cooper)
Vegas
Eli Winchester | Calvin Rogers.

Former Deputy Director of Reg's Truckers Association. Currently not active on LSRP.

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:49 pm

o7 Sad to see you all go, best of luck in whatever you all do.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

Mondim
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Retired

Post by Mondim » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:53 pm

Love you RTA! :wink:
FoCo TDM Retired Administrator | LS RP Tester
About ME [GFX] MondimDesigns
[GUIDE] Car Paintjobs [REL] Sniper Crosshairs[OLD] [LIST][/b]Portuguese players[OLD][/url] [/size]

FERAL
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: [L&A]Reg's Truckers Association

Post by FERAL » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:17 pm

I still remember when I created this topic ;) Sad to see this going, but this was quite a run. I aom proud of you fellas.
original Reginald Weeks heh

Tolic
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Tolic » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:23 pm

L&A.

Marky
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Marky » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Locked & Archived.
Rest in peace, been a great run for you all!

Return to “Faction Forum Archive”