Page 1 of 1
[22-20] Emergency Port Authority Funding Act of 2020
Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:27 am
EMERGENCY PORT AUTHORITY FUNDING ACT OF 2020
An act to request supplementary funding to the Port Authority for the purpose of security.
|SPONSORED BY: Senator Charles Moreno|
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF SAN ANDREAS DO ORDAIN AS FOLLOWS:
- Section 1. DEFINITIONS
Section 2. SECURITY CONCERNS
- "Port Authority" is the authorized agency that conducts operations and secures the Ports of San Andreas.
- "Ocean Docks" refers to the base of operations.
- "Security" is a service that offers protection and ensures safety.
- "SACDF" is the San Andreas Community Development Fund.
- The Port Authority maintains the Ports of San Andreas, more specifically Ocean Docks, and is responsible for it's operations and security.
- Employees are currently working, without security and are therefore working under unnecessarily dangerous conditions.
- Due to a lack of security there is an increasing crime rate due to no deterrent.
- The State Senate will instruct the State Treasurer to grant supplementary funding to the Port Authority, from the SACDF.
- The funding amount will be $500,000.
- The funding will be used to pay for security services at Ocean Docks.
- The Port Authority will be responsible for ensuring the security service is in line with the current Los Santos Police Department (LSPD) Guard Card regulations.
- The security service will not be granted any special powers outside of the Guard Card regulations.
- After thirty (30) days, the State Auditor will conduct an investigation to ensure the funding has been used properly.
- If the State Auditor finds that the funding has not been used correctly, then the Port Authority will be fined $500,000.
- The Port Authority will fail the audit if funds have been misappropriated, withheld, or have been used to hire an illegitimate security service.
- The Port Authority may appeal to the Governor's Office, if they feel the audit has been carried out incorrectly.
Governor of San Andreas