[Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Find all the Laws and Acts of San Andreas in this forum.

Also contains the full Penal Code to list all crimes and punishments.

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Post Reply
Sisca
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 829
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 am

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Sisca » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Tony Gunter wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:39 pm
Flemwad wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:58 pm
Tony Gunter wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:04 am
Prison'ing someone without identifying them doesn't make any sense to me. There is not a single prisoner IRL whose identity is unknown. With that being said, I don't understand why the 900 minute penalty exists. I believe PD/SD should be allowed to NPC that DCR would process the suspect and the suspect would be successfully identified. Something along those lines.
That would be powergaming though. If we don't have any records and we can't access your information then we cannot force you to give up your information. At the end of the day, this is to discourage this type of roleplay/behavior as you can see the apparent flaws.
Well then how does the identification part take place for those who refuse in real life because there's no prisoner unidentified IRL? Maybe LSRP can adopt similar techniques.
There are unknown prisoners its very rare though. If finger prints dont come back they'll put you through DNA tests etc and identify you that way. In the unlikely chance you dont have anything at all on record anywhere, you'll be processed as a John Doe.
Perimo

George_Svoboda
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by George_Svoboda » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:09 am

I got a couple penal code questions and questions about the sex offender act. My bad if the info is somewhere out there and I missed it.

1. Where is the public register? Is it role playable - if someone has a sexual offense that's a felony charge can my character role play going on a website to check names (like in real life) and role play knowing?
2. Which charges in the penal code fall under sexual offenses? All of Title 3? Is "Pandering / Pimping" a sexual offense? Is "Stalking" a sexual offense no matter the nature?

User avatar
FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers
Posts: 19275
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:29 am

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by FiendFyre » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:52 am

George_Svoboda wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:09 am
I got a couple penal code questions and questions about the sex offender act. My bad if the info is somewhere out there and I missed it.

1. Where is the public register? Is it role playable - if someone has a sexual offense that's a felony charge can my character role play going on a website to check names (like in real life) and role play knowing?
2. Which charges in the penal code fall under sexual offenses? All of Title 3? Is "Pandering / Pimping" a sexual offense? Is "Stalking" a sexual offense no matter the nature?
1. One wasn't created yet by the DOJ.

2. Any person(s) who is arrested for a Sexual Offense that is classed as a felony and or misdemeanor, shall be brought in front of the Courts of San Andreas, to be prosecuted.

I guess it's up for interpretation on a case by case basis since charges were never specified. One could always reach out to the Senate ic as to adding specifications

Dominic Scorsio
Civilian
Civilian
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Dominic Scorsio » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Is there a specific law for loan sharking?

User avatar
Ward
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Ward » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:53 am

Dominic Scorsio wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Is there a specific law for loan sharking?
Not specifically but think of how Extortion might end up applying to their activities. :P

Dominic Scorsio
Civilian
Civilian
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Dominic Scorsio » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:27 pm

Ward wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:53 am
Dominic Scorsio wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Is there a specific law for loan sharking?
Not specifically but think of how Extortion might end up applying to their activities. :P
This is true, but you'd have people who aren't specifically licensed to be providing exorbitant rated loans. But, you are correct.

User avatar
Woozyarth
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1360
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Woozyarth » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:54 pm

So, I would like to know what is felony exactly?

User avatar
.Angelo.
Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:53 pm
Ingame name: Jeffrey Holt
Location: Inside your closet

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by .Angelo. » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:06 pm

-
Last edited by .Angelo. on Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers
Posts: 19275
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:29 am

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by FiendFyre » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:14 pm

.Angelo. wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:06 pm
Woozyarth wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:54 pm
So, I would like to know what is felony exactly?
It's a classification for types of crimes. The Penal Code has three types right now:
  • Infraction: Those are minor charges that do not usually have any jail or prison time but include a money penalty. Common ones are most traffic infractions.
  • misdemeanor: Crimes that are more serious than infractions, they include jail time, sometimes prison time and may also include money penalties. Examples are battery, vandalism, theft, etc.
  • A felony is generally considered a crime of high seriousness, whereas a misdemeanor is not. Examples are Murder, possession of any sort of firearms without proper licenses, etc.
Hi, please allow judges/DOJ leadership to answer so questions are answered correctly. Posession of an unlicensed firearm is a misdemeanor.

Felonies are designated as felony near the OOC time to serve on the penal code. They're the most serious crimes and generally result in prison time but not always. Misdemeanors aren't as serious and end up in jail time, again, usually. However multiple can lead to SACF.

Ctrl f felony is the easiest way.

User avatar
Piepstem
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester
Posts: 1581
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:03 pm
Ingame name: ⵎoⵀⴰⵎⴻⴷ

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Piepstem » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:19 pm

Pedophilia charges.

User avatar
Iudex
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Posts: 6641
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:15 am
Ingame name: Skylar Kimura
Contact:

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Iudex » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Piepstem wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:19 pm
Pedophilia charges.
They exist.
Image
In my world, there was someone very dear to me. You've always reminded me of that person. That person was like a hero to me but is neither in this world or that one. So I did some reading about other worlds here, and I came to a curious conclusion. You are that person, Eine. I know...I know... It makes no sense. Perhaps it's even unsettling to hear such a thing! Whether I am wrong or you simply don't recall those days, I pledge my service to you fully. I'm not sure I'm always the most competent person in your group, but I will always give you my best!
ungrateful fatherland, you will not even have my bones

User avatar
Piepstem
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester
Posts: 1581
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:03 pm
Ingame name: ⵎoⵀⴰⵎⴻⴷ

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Piepstem » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 pm

Iudex wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:48 pm
Piepstem wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:19 pm
Pedophilia charges.
They exist.
They're not enough for me to pull a Chris Hansen RP on them. For example - hooking up with an underage girl while you're 18+ and passing explicit pictures or whatever wouldn't get the predator inside the prison because there's no fit charge.

User avatar
FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers
Posts: 19275
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:29 am

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by FiendFyre » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 pm

Piepstem wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 pm
Iudex wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:48 pm
Piepstem wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:19 pm
Pedophilia charges.
They exist.
They're not enough for me to pull a Chris Hansen RP on them. For example - hooking up with an underage girl while you're 18+ and passing explicit pictures or whatever wouldn't get the predator inside the prison because there's no fit charge.
So take it to the senate IC when they're in session. We've steered away from adding charges OOC - as far as the pictures part. But the sex part IS covered


(3)09. Statutory Rape ↑
A person who engages in mutually-interested sexual intercourse with another who is under the age of 18 and therefore cannot give legal consent.

User avatar
Airwalk
A Tradition of Service
Posts: 8263
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 am

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Airwalk » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:39 pm

Just need to do it right. Maybe not the pictures, but just TRYING to hook up with an underage already constitutes (3)09. Statutory Rape (attempt).

User avatar
Piepstem
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester
Posts: 1581
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:03 pm
Ingame name: ⵎoⵀⴰⵎⴻⴷ

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Piepstem » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:00 am

Airwalk wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:39 pm
Just need to do it right. Maybe not the pictures, but just TRYING to hook up with an underage already constitutes (3)09. Statutory Rape (attempt).
Thanks.

Post Reply

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users