[Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Find all the Laws and Acts of San Andreas in this forum.

Also contains the full Penal Code to list all crimes and punishments.

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Drills
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Benjamin_Graves

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Drills » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:30 am

I suggest we finally change (11)02. Failure To Abide To A Traffic Control Device, the following clauses:

Fails to come to a FULL stop at “Stop Points”, noted as white or yellow lines at the edge of every intersection or with appropriate signage.
As far as I am aware traffic lights are synchronized for all players on SAMP now. So we should rewrite this, drivers shouldn't need to stop at a traffic light due to the white or yellow lines, they should stop if they have a red light. Where there is no traffic light they can take white or yellow lines as STOP marks and stop there, give right of way to traffic coming from the right.

Crossing a double yellow line when not enter or leaving a parking lot or private driveway.
This is never enforced because it's unreasonable. Example: Main Street has double yellow lines separating lanes going in the same direction, this means I cannot change lane which makes no sense. Example 2: Vinewood Boulevard has double yellow line separating the travel directions. This means I can't turn left to go either to Market or Vinewood which makes no sense.
Kind of hard to enforce the 'continous line can't be driven over' traffic rule if all we got in GTA SA are continous lines everywhere. So this should be removed entirely.
Retired Command Pilot Benjamin Joshua Graves

nicolasestla
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Jeffrey_Connor

Post by nicolasestla » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:38 pm

Hello I would like to know if that would be possible to add or change the thefts definition to add/include "Theft of services" (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_of_services)
It applies to unpaid taxi fares, u paid restaurant bills, not paying at a gas station, not paying at the toll booth etc.
The current penal code is very vague as it states taking another property which are two different things. As an ex Leo in France we have two separated crime "filouterie" and "vol" (theft) for instance.

MoralesLSRP
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by MoralesLSRP » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:33 pm

nicolasestla wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:38 pm
Hello I would like to know if that would be possible to add or change the thefts definition to add/include "Theft of services" (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_of_services)
It applies to unpaid taxi fares, u paid restaurant bills, not paying at a gas station, not paying at the toll booth etc.
The current penal code is very vague as it states taking another property which are two different things. As an ex Leo in France we have two separated crime "filouterie" and "vol" (theft) for instance.
We have previously upheld that the theft charges can be used for theft of services, depending on the cost of the services. It would be nice for that to be written in the charge description, but it actually can be used for that.
Retired Faction Leader (Chief Justice) of the Courts of San Andreas / Retired Tester / Retired Government Management (Faction Management)
Current Characters: Alice Evans (Retired Chief Justice) | | Alexis Addison (Private Attorney)

Drills
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Drills » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:10 pm

MoralesLSRP wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:33 pm
Hey men how about my suggestion?
Drills wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:30 am
I suggest we finally change (11)02. Failure To Abide To A Traffic Control Device, the following clauses:

Fails to come to a FULL stop at “Stop Points”, noted as white or yellow lines at the edge of every intersection or with appropriate signage.
As far as I am aware traffic lights are synchronized for all players on SAMP now. So we should rewrite this, drivers shouldn't need to stop at a traffic light due to the white or yellow lines, they should stop if they have a red light. Where there is no traffic light they can take white or yellow lines as STOP marks and stop there, give right of way to traffic coming from the right.

Crossing a double yellow line when not enter or leaving a parking lot or private driveway.
This is never enforced because it's unreasonable. Example: Main Street has double yellow lines separating lanes going in the same direction, this means I cannot change lane which makes no sense. Example 2: Vinewood Boulevard has double yellow line separating the travel directions. This means I can't turn left to go either to Market or Vinewood which makes no sense.
Kind of hard to enforce the 'continous line can't be driven over' traffic rule if all we got in GTA SA are continous lines everywhere. So this should be removed entirely.

AngeIo
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Post by AngeIo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:42 pm

The issue with this is that not all streets have traffic lights. Most intersections where accidents happen don't have traffic lights.
And if we were to presume that players will just abide by traffic rules which might be common sense to someone who drives IRL, it would be unfair to those who do not have a driver license IRL.

Maybe we should have a set of guidelines defined, a topic that explains basic traffic laws. When to stop, when you have the right of way, when to yield, what a double line means, what a single line means etc. Eventually, this should be incorporated in the new driving exam which is a work in progress.
LSRP Tester and Junior Developer
About me

Drills
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Drills » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:52 pm

.Angelo. wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:42 pm
The issue with this is that not all streets have traffic lights. Most intersections where accidents happen don't have traffic lights.
And if we were to presume that players will just abide by traffic rules which might be common sense to someone who drives IRL, it would be unfair to those who do not have a driver license IRL.

Maybe we should have a set of guidelines defined, a topic that explains basic traffic laws. When to stop, when you have the right of way, when to yield, what a double line means, what a single line means etc. Eventually, this should be incorporated in the new driving exam which is a work in progress.
Most used intersections in this server are Market-Rodeo, Main-Market, Winona-Crenshaw, Mulholland-Main, Vinewood-Main, basically all big intersections and they all have traffic lights. For the intersections with no lights people who encounter a crosswalk should stop and yield to traffic coming from their right. This can all be incorporated into the penal code.

Currently we enforce the penal code IG and these rules aren't written anywhere but here. I am confused why it would be unfair to change them, give them notice via a server MOTD and begin enforcing them on an official date.

I very much agree that some of the most important traffic laws should be shortly presented into the DMV school so people know the basic rules at the very least, without the need to visit the forums. Even before I had a drivers license I knew the basics: yielding to people from the right, stopping at STOP signs, not crossing continuous lines, green means pass, red means stop, yellow means stop. As I said though in this game everywhere we have continuous lines and it makes little sense making it illegal to cross any of them. It's hard to enforce such rule. Usually continuous lines are on roads where it's unsafe to overtake (tight turns, ramps).

madamChloe
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by madamChloe » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:17 pm

MoralesLSRP wrote:
Tag.
The penal code has not been updated to reflect the Urban Usage of All-Terrain-Vehicles Act of 2020.

San Andreas Penal Code Title 11
Urban Usage of All-Terrain-Vehicles Act of 2020
MODDING TEAM MEMBER madamChloe
Image Cake#9420

MoralesLSRP
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by MoralesLSRP » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:11 pm

madamChloe wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:17 pm
MoralesLSRP wrote:
Tag.
The penal code has not been updated to reflect the Urban Usage of All-Terrain-Vehicles Act of 2020.

Ben wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Tag
Retired Faction Leader (Chief Justice) of the Courts of San Andreas / Retired Tester / Retired Government Management (Faction Management)
Current Characters: Alice Evans (Retired Chief Justice) | | Alexis Addison (Private Attorney)

Ben
Management

Post by Ben » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:31 pm

MoralesLSRP wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:11 pm
madamChloe wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:17 pm
MoralesLSRP wrote:
Tag.

Ben wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Tag
Thank you. The penal code has been adjusted accordingly.
Dropper wrote:.
Baker. wrote:.
Benjamin
Management
About me
Los Santos Roleplay
LS:RP UCP
Ticket Support
Contact Information
Discord: Bennemus#2367

Forum PM

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas”