C-PAS Act of 2013

Find all the Laws and Acts of San Andreas in this forum.

Also contains the full Penal Code to list all crimes and punishments.

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Fergie
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: 43616c76696e2046657267757

C-PAS Act of 2013

Post by Fergie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:08 am

Child Protection and Safety Act of 2013 (C-PAS)
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY MAYOR
LOS SANTOS CITY GOVERNMENT
1 PERSHING SQUARE, CITY HALL
LOS SANTOS SA
USA

Acting Mayor Image
JUSTIN FERGUSON

Index

I. Introduction:
    At the present time, we are losing our children to violence, drug abuse and gangs. This bill is designed to designate "safe zones" in Los Santos where our children will be safe and secure, with harsher penalties for certain crimes committed in these areas such as but not limited to:
  • Drug Crimes
  • Gun Crimes
  • Alcohol Crimes

II. Safe Zones:
    There will be two new safe zones created within Los Santos where the usage and or possession of of drug/narcotics, guns and alcohol are strictly prohibited. The safe zones are as follows:

• Skate park
    -The Safe Zone at the skate park is defined by the skate park as a whole, including the surrounding sidewalk directly attached to the skate park.
  • School
    -The Safe Zone at the school is defined by the entire school campus, including the surrounding sidewalk directly attached to the school as well as the attached parking garage.

For reference and exact safe zone boundaries, please view the following map:

III. Penalties:
    The following penalties will be enforced at the safe zones listed above. The penalties are as follows:

• All drug related crimes, including but not limited to: (6)03. Possession Of A Controlled Substance, (6)04. Possession Of A Controlled Substance For Sale, (6)05. Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia, will be charged with double the criminal penalty.
  • All gun related crimes, including but not limited to: (9)02. Carrying an Unlicensed Firearm,
    (9)05. Possession Of An Illegal Firearm, will be charged with double the criminal penalty.
  • All alcohol related crimes, such as but not limited to: (7)04. Sale of Alcohol to a minor, will be charged with double the criminal penalty.

LSPD & SASD directive:
    The LSPD & SASD are expected to, if they deem enough units on-duty, station units at the Skate Park to engage with children and to provide a police presence while interacting the children on drugs, guns, alcohol usage and abuse, as well as mentoring the children in gang prevention. This will provide an excellent opportunity to provide upstanding role models for the children of Los Santos, while boosting the relationship between the community and law enforcement.

The LSPD and SASD are required to work on reasonable suspicion and probable cause in order to search any person(s) inside the safe zones. However, the LSPD and SASD may, at their own discretion, order any person(s) to vacate a safe zone if they refuse to be searched. Failure to follow a lawful order to vacate the premises will result in being charged with obstruction.
ImageImage
Fergie
Former Game Admin
IRC Name: Fergie
PM Me
About Me
Mapping Showcase
L
I
T
T
L
E
H
I
D
D
E
N
S
P
A
C
E
R
L
I
T
T
L
E
H
I
D
D
E
N
S
P
A
C
E
R

whyapac
Priest Of San Andreas
Priest Of San Andreas
Ingame name: Richard Corsican

Re: C-PAS Act of 2013

Post by whyapac » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:59 am

Lovely.

RICHARD COSICAN, M.D., J.D.
ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL
OFFICE OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS AND PROSECUTIONS

Foster161
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Foster161 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Very interesting, mainly the penalties part.

Good job.
Account breached sometime in Q4 2016 / Q1 2017, apologies for any inconvinience, to whom it may concern.

If you've been contacted by this account, please let me know, all help is welcome.

Brennan.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Nicholas_Brennan

Post by Brennan. » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:48 pm

I love to see people working in the government and let us see what's going on :D

Yaki Kadafi
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Real Armenian Nigga.
Location: In the heavens with my nigga, Makaveli. After that, I'mma go smoke some loud with Chief Keef.

Post by Yaki Kadafi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Fuck the law.

Kevin Heard
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kevin Heard » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 pm

No more violence in school, amen.

freshkingz08
Ingame name: Joshua_Wing

Post by freshkingz08 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Nice

MikeHunt
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Shaun Walker

Post by MikeHunt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Just a question regarding this.
However, the LSPD and SASD may, at their own discretion, order any person(s) to vacate a safe zone if they refuse to be searched. Failure to follow a lawful order to vacate the premises will result in being charged with obstruction.

Is this implying as an LEO, as you say in our own discretion. We can legally request anyone to leave the 'safe zone', and if not they can be charged with obstruction.
Los Santos Government
Shaun Walker
Head of Hairlines

"Shit don't change till you get up and wash your ass, nigga" - Jesus

Hoovie
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Hoovie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:31 pm

MikeHunt wrote:Just a question regarding this.
However, the LSPD and SASD may, at their own discretion, order any person(s) to vacate a safe zone if they refuse to be searched. Failure to follow a lawful order to vacate the premises will result in being charged with obstruction.

Is this implying as an LEO, as you say in our own discretion. We can legally request anyone to leave the 'safe zone', and if not they can be charged with obstruction.

So, if you believe someone might be selling drugs/guns or something along those lines, you can request to search them. They can, if they wish, either A) Consent, or B) Deny and walk out of there or leave the area without any pursuit or chase. If they remain in the area after denying a frisk, then they will be asked to leave and if they won't then you can charge them with obstruction.
Former three time Tester
Voted Best Mayor of 2010 with Jim Hoover
Voted Best Mayor of 2011 with Brad Hoover

Number: 5900
Jim Hoover - Dead - Former Mayor - Founder of DCP
James Hoover - Jim's older brother, retired Deputy Mayor
Brad Hoover - James' only son and former two term Mayor
Nathaniel "Nate" Hoover - Brad's cousin - Ella's bastard child - Disowned by family

Fergie
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: 43616c76696e2046657267757

Post by Fergie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:37 pm

Hoovie wrote:
MikeHunt wrote:Just a question regarding this.

So, if you believe someone might be selling drugs/guns or something along those lines, you can request to search them. They can, if they wish, either A) Consent, or B) Deny and walk out of there or leave the area without any pursuit or chase. If they remain in the area after denying a frisk, then they will be asked to leave and if they won't then you can charge them with obstruction.

Correct. However, Hoovie forgot to state that you MUST still have reasonable suspicion to believe said person(s) are selling/carrying illegal items. This bill is not a license to just search anyone for any reason.
ImageImage
Fergie
Former Game Admin
IRC Name: Fergie
PM Me
About Me
Mapping Showcase
L
I
T
T
L
E
H
I
D
D
E
N
S
P
A
C
E
R
L
I
T
T
L
E
H
I
D
D
E
N
S
P
A
C
E
R

MikeHunt
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Shaun Walker

Post by MikeHunt » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:06 am

Ok, just wanted to clarify that and make it more clear for me and others.
Los Santos Government
Shaun Walker
Head of Hairlines

"Shit don't change till you get up and wash your ass, nigga" - Jesus

Burgoo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Mr. X.

Post by Burgoo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:00 pm

This may seem like a stupid comment/question and may be the lack of sleep talking, but aren't guns and drugs prohibited everywhere? /Or/ are you trying to say they're specifically prohibited here due to the double timing.

In addition to this, I believe it's "unlawful assembly" you'd be charged with for failing to vacate the area. Which means we should have a law of injunctions in place for the LSPD and SASD to give out.

Marcus.
Marcus.
Marcus.

Post by Marcus. » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Burgoo wrote:This may seem like a stupid comment/question and may be the lack of sleep talking, but aren't guns and drugs prohibited everywhere? /Or/ are you trying to say they're specifically prohibited here due to the double timing.

In addition to this, I believe it's "unlawful assembly" you'd be charged with for failing to vacate the area. Which means we should have a law of injunctions in place for the LSPD and SASD to give out.

Safe zones are zones were gun and drug crimes are punished harder in order to protect the youth in a reasonable way. They are obviously prohibited anywhere in the city, however anywhere in these zones you can and will be charged with the doubled amount of time in SACF if you are found to have drugs/guns on you.
⬤ ⬤ ⬤

Burgoo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Mr. X.

Post by Burgoo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Marcus. wrote:
Burgoo wrote:This may seem like a stupid comment/question and may be the lack of sleep talking, but aren't guns and drugs prohibited everywhere? /Or/ are you trying to say they're specifically prohibited here due to the double timing.

Safe zones are zones were gun and drug crimes are punished harder in order to protect the youth in a reasonable way. They are obviously prohibited anywhere in the city, however anywhere in these zones you can and will be charged with the doubled amount of time in SACF if you are found to have drugs/guns on you.

Yes, I already understood that, as shown in my original post. The original post of the top or "the bill" just seems worded a bit incorrectly.

Delanto
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jonathan_Delanto

Post by Delanto » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:56 pm

Burgoo wrote:In addition to this, I believe it's "unlawful assembly" you'd be charged with for failing to vacate the area. Which means we should have a law of injunctions in place for the LSPD and SASD to give out.

Unlawful assembly means 2 or more persons assembling in one area with the specific intent of committing a crime. This is not applicable here, so obstruction is the proper violation here.
clown money made mafia - don clown j. delanto
hiring consigliclown

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas”