[Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Find all the Laws and Acts of San Andreas in this forum.

Also contains the full Penal Code to list all crimes and punishments.

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Kotwica
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Matthew R Klenkok

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Kotwica » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:40 pm

Iudex wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:06 pm
gravy9588 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:40 pm
Can anyone explain the penalty for not returning loans? If a complaint is filed with the court, then only the collateral will be forfeited or not.
And if not, what other measures will be taken?
There is no criminal penalty in civil court. The restitution would usually just be the money returned to the lender.
Not true.
If a contract comes to the court and a judge finds in favor of the defendant and orders the loan to be paid, the judge is bound to allow installment plans. However, if there is non-compliance with the order from the court the party is guilty of civil contempt. Civil contempt can (and does) result in jail time. I have made the judgment ICly that contempt of court is appropriate in cases where the court issues a judgment and a party fails to pay.

You are confusing the ideas from the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978, William v. Illinois, Tate v. Short, and Bearden v. Georgia that relies on the idea that someone cannot get out of jail due to public or private debt. That's not really applicable here, nor would it ever be applicable as there are set prison/jail times for each charge on LSRP.
MR. CHIEF JUSTICE MATTHEW R. KLENKOK
Chief Justice of the State of San Andreas

THE HONORABLE JUAN TZOMPAXTLE
Judge of the Superior Court of San Andreas

DOCTOR ARTHUR HWANGMOK, SJD
Ranking Member of the San Andreas State Bar Association

Drills
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: ben graves

Post by Drills » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:38 pm

Drills wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:30 am
I suggest we finally change (11)02. Failure To Abide To A Traffic Control Device, the following clauses:

Fails to come to a FULL stop at “Stop Points”, noted as white or yellow lines at the edge of every intersection or with appropriate signage.
As far as I am aware traffic lights are synchronized for all players on SAMP now. So we should rewrite this, drivers shouldn't need to stop at a traffic light due to the white or yellow lines, they should stop if they have a red light. Where there is no traffic light they can take white or yellow lines as STOP marks and stop there, give right of way to traffic coming from the right.

Crossing a double yellow line when not enter or leaving a parking lot or private driveway.
This is never enforced because it's unreasonable. Example: Main Street has double yellow lines separating lanes going in the same direction, this means I cannot change lane which makes no sense. Example 2: Vinewood Boulevard has double yellow line separating the travel directions. This means I can't turn left to go either to Market or Vinewood which makes no sense.
Kind of hard to enforce the 'continous line can't be driven over' traffic rule if all we got in GTA SA are continous lines everywhere. So this should be removed entirely.
Hey,

A reminder that we should fix this somehow. Feels stupid to pull people over and explain to them that although they had green they failed to stop at a crosswalk and now they gotta pay a ticket for it.

nevermind i just found out they are not synced for all players
Last edited by Drills on Tue May 04, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ben graves

Drills
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Drills » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:19 pm

delete this
Last edited by Drills on Tue May 04, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ben graves

Drills
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Drills » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:28 pm

delete this
ben graves

Allik
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ingame name: Grayson Crownover

Post by Allik » Tue May 04, 2021 11:33 am

what if the car that is driven is not owned by the suspect? and the car has counterfeit plates
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

ImperiumXVII
Assistant Head of Legal Factions
Ingame name: Zachary_Cook

Post by ImperiumXVII » Thu May 06, 2021 1:16 am

Allik wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:33 am
what if the car that is driven is not owned by the suspect? and the car has counterfeit plates
Must have the intent to deceive. If a person doesn't know their plates are fake then there's no intent to deceive. Likewise if a person is driving to the dealership to get new plates.
Police Deputy Chief David Zhuo
Police Captain II Joseph McRae
Police Lieutenant I Clarke Walker
Reserve Firefighter Danielle Garceau
Associate Justice Eric Cradle
State Bar Chairman Raphael Pachlinski
Developer
Junior Administrator
Assistant Head of Legal Factions

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas”