[GUIDE] Savings + Calculator

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Game Admins, Lead Admins, LS:RP Testers

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.

[GUIDE] Savings + Calculator

Postby Gregory™ on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:23 pm

WHAT IS SAVINGS?

Savings works preety much like IRL investment, you put random amount of cash in it, then wait and observe how it grows bigger. The longest you keep your cash in it, the bigger an amount of it will become.

HOW IT WORKS?

If you want to open up your own savings account, head over to the Los Santos bank, and type /savings inside. You'll get a guide server message which looks like this.

As you can see it's not that difficult to manage it, because it has only one command avaiable for you to use. Anyway, to make the savings account work, you have to type the command, and an amount of cash that you wan't to deposit there, just like the guide shows f.ex.

/savings 100000

REMEMBER, YOU CAN DEPOSIT NOT LESS THAN 50000$ AND NOT MORE THAN 100000!

Once you deposit your cash in the savings, DO NOT USE the /savings command again EVER, unless you want to close your savings account, which basically gives you your savings cash back + earned profit.

IMPORTANT

If you've finally decided to set your savings account up, keep that on mind that you'll have to learn how to save your cash up, and spent it wisely. Buying an expensive boats, helis, or any other useless things meanwhile having savings is completely out. Remember, as long as you have savings, payday or alternatively any job avaiable atm. will be your only source of cash. Also your regular account will be unavailable (all operations like: /bank, /withdraw will be blocked), so you're gonna have all your cash with yourself.

EARNING CASH

Well earning cash in that was requires you to do nothing actually, all you have to do is make sure that you're in game when payday comes. If you attend payday, you'll make your savings cash grow bigger. After one payday you'll get 0.5% of your actuall savings balance, f.ex.

If you had 100000$ in your savings account, you're gonna have 100000$ + 0.5% of 100000$ = 100500$, and so on if you had 1 Million in your account balance, you're gonna have 1000000$ + 0.5% of 1000000$ = 1005000$.

Be sure to go IG at least 25 minutes before the hour strikes, otherwise you won't get PayDay. Likewise the savings profit!

HOW LONG DOES IT GONNA TAKE FOR ME TO MAKE 1 MILLION?

Well, I've been browsing forums, searching for any savings calculator or any stuff like that, and I found nothing. As far as I'm concerned answering questions like: How long does it gonna take to make million, etc. is pointless. So I've desined the system which helps your easily count how long does it gonna take to make "X" cash.

CALCULATING

Here's the formula working properly, available for you to count how many paydays is needed to get "X" amount.

The amount after 100 paydays equals:

(I suggest you to put this formula into Excel, 'cause you would have to use science calculator to count it)

Which equals = 163847$

To get the wanted amount just keep rising the variable up, 'till you get your wanted amount (Again it's good to do it in Excel).

Or if you're lazyass you can use this calculator (Thanks to Jane_Hanos):

LS:RP SAVINGS CALCULATOR!

"Current Principal" is the initial money you put in (Which is from 50000$ up to 100000$, as I mentioned before).
"Annual Addition" is 0.
"Years to grow" is however many paydays you plan to put it in there
"Intereast rate" is 0.5%
"Compound interest" should be left at 1.

END

I hope that this little guide will help you start your /savings account, and count remaining paydays etc.
Cheers!
Last edited by Gregory™ on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Gregory™
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [GUIDE] Savings + Calculator

Postby McGrass on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:49 pm

yay for maths!

You can also add the interests generated by your regular bank account, to know for example when you'll reach 10mil by both your regular account and savings.

That would give: Image + (1.001)^(n-1)* (amount you have in your regular account)

Also there's no need to consider it as a sequence, a function is enough therefore it lets you easily build a graphic in your calculator :)
McGrass
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Emmet on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:49 pm

nice,this should be pinned as lot of new players wonder how that savings works....
nice job man!
Spoiler: show
Emmet
Mafia
Mafia

Postby Rmin. on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Nice guide, im wondering how much i gain per payday because i have sligthly under 2 Mils in savings now.
Trevon "Tee-Bay" Brown
Rmin.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Ingame name: Trevon Brown

Postby Gregory™ on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:56 pm

Sean Magera wrote:Nice guide, im wondering how much i gain per payday because i have sligthly under 2 Mils in savings now.

You should get something around 9k per PayDay.
Gregory™
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby Chris Louis on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 pm

How much will i get per payday if i have 100k in savings?, and do i get higher savings for every payday?
Chris Louis
Gangster
Gangster

Postby Rmin. on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Chris Louis wrote:How much will i get per payday if i have 100k in savings?, and do i get higher savings for every payday?

First payday: 100500$, next payday: 101005$ and so on.
Trevon "Tee-Bay" Brown
Rmin.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Ingame name: Trevon Brown

Postby Mai on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Sean Magera wrote:
Chris Louis wrote:How much will i get per payday if i have 100k in savings?, and do i get higher savings for every payday?

First payday: 100500$, next payday: 101005$ and so on.

No lol, he don't get 100500$, just to make it clear so no one won't confuse, in the beginning you get like 500$. If you put 100k in savings since you were level 2 +\- you should have like 6 millions around level 17 +\-.
I don't know exactly how to calculate but I have many millionaires friends so ;P
Image Garry Petterson - Lieutenant, Sheriff's Department
Internal Affairs Unit - Senior Investigator, Command

SASD Website | SASD Forum | SASD Faction Thread | SASD Recruitment - Deputy Sheriff & Civilian Positions | Report a Deputy | Report a State Wide Crime

Feel free to PM me for any concerns, reports, commendation, suggestions or anything else related to the Sheriff's Department.
Mai
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby Gregory™ on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Mai wrote:No lol, he don't get 100500$, just to make it clear so no one won't confuse, in the beginning you get like 500$. If you put 100k in savings since you were level 2 +\- you should have like 6 millions around level 17 +\-.
I don't know exactly how to calculate but I have many millionaires friends so ;P

It calculates very simply, As I've wrote in the guide, you get 0.5% of the amount that you're having at the moment, EACH PAYDAY.
Gregory™
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby Andre C on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:38 am

Just a little tip and reminder for people who use savings. First of all, if you spend daily on things, guns, cars and such.. You should stop when you have savings. Once you put your savings in, its there. Once you get to 150k+ you dont want to take it out until its well over 1M, or whatever your goal is. Your going to literally living off your paycheck and any sidejob(s) you do so be prepared to suffer a few hours/days in debit if you arent willing to go fishing.
Secondly, save that there monies.
Banned. I'll still be around the forums but if you knew/know me and want my contact info, PM me.
Andre C
Mafia
Mafia

Ingame name: Chris Clark

Postby Scrappy Coco on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:27 am

Andre C wrote:Just a little tip and reminder for people who use savings. First of all, if you spend daily on things, guns, cars and such.. You should stop when you have savings. Once you put your savings in, its there. Once you get to 150k+ you dont want to take it out until its well over 1M, or whatever your goal is. Your going to literally living off your paycheck and any sidejob(s) you do so be prepared to suffer a few hours/days in debit if you arent willing to go fishing.
Secondly, save that there monies.

Listen to this dude, seriously.
Nice guide, nice effort, nice, nice and nice. :)
Challenge accepted.

Scrappy Coco
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby Rasmus on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Good job! But I cba to think up a function to see how much money takes how many hours ;)
I, Rasmus, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fufill the groups purpose!
Rasmus
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Ingame name: Vince

Postby Gregory™ on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:15 am

Rasmus wrote:Good job! But I cba to think up a function to see how much money takes how many hours ;)

I'll try to invert the current formula, and post it soon.
Gregory™
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Postby Zwips on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Geez, formular what ? xD

Nvm, I know I would love it, if I could do that kind of mat xD..
Good job :-)
Show no love. Love will get you killed.
Temple Neighboorhood Crips
-Fellan Lesoe
Zwips
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Postby Avast on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:39 am

Good job! Thank you :)
Avast
Spam Machine