[Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Find all the Laws and Acts of San Andreas in this forum.

Also contains the full Penal Code to list all crimes and punishments.

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

AngeIo
Mafia
Mafia

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by AngeIo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:58 am

Jake_Luther wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 am
If we can add a charge up for a vehicle that is heavily damaged and is driving the road. If we can call it "Unroadworthy Vehicle. Possible fine of 3500 and drivers warning or Impoundment upon officer discretion.
Example: If someone is driving with a vehicle smoking or doors missing. That could cause harm to the driver or other drivers.
It's hard to apply these given how vehicle crashed etc are treated ingame.
You could try to apply that charge but the person would tell you they had an MVA and it was voided and that they were on the way to the PNS.
Or they could tell you that someone drove into them due to lag or while he was paused.

There are so many things that have to be taken into account, so I don't see the point.
Retired Forum Moderator and Junior Developer
About me

FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by FiendFyre » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:04 pm

RyanW wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:08 pm
Is there anything that stops an officer from issuing fines following a pursuit? I.E

Guy gets in pursuit with LSPD, is eventually chased down and arrested after fleeing from police through Los Santos.
After his arrest could you issue;

(11)03. Yield Violation
etc.
You couldn't give Yield Violation if you're giving Eluding tbh. Because you're already covering them not stopping to sirens by Eluding.

As for failure to abide to a tcd, you can only give one per incident. So as long as you stayed within the guidelines of the limitations, technically, you can. It'd just look extremely robocop. You're already arresting them.

nicolasestla
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Jeffrey_Connor

Post by nicolasestla » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Marauder wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:04 pm
RyanW wrote:
Is there anything that stops an officer from issuing fines following a pursuit? I.E

Guy gets in pursuit with LSPD, is eventually chased down and arrested after fleeing from police through Los Santos.

(11)03. Yield Violation
etc.
You couldn't give Yield Violation if you're giving Eluding tbh. Because you're already covering them not stopping to sirens by Eluding.

As for failure to abide to a tcd, you can only give one per incident. So as long as you stayed within the guidelines of the limitations, technically, you can. It'd just look extremely robocop. You're already arresting them.
No point at all : Eluding makes you lose your license and getting arrested void all fines. Plus indeed it's robocop as you wouldn't care about it,
just arrest him for Eluding and Vehicular endangerment if he put life at risk, or Eluding with max times if he went through highly crowded area.
(Check penal code for eluding)

hooramaja

Post by hooramaja » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 pm

so i rp underage without license. i lent my car to a friend, she timed out in palo, i went to get my car so i could get my bmx, i was almost at the park spot i went over the intersection quickly to /v p. i spawned in my bmx and a cop puts sirens on and tells me oocly to get my car back and rp, i said that i am a kid and i couldn't realistically drive a car, she said i dont care, so i wanted to park my bmx but it was already stolen by that time, so the cop said to "rp that you are in a car". i said this is stupid, she said she doesn't care, at that point i was laughing really hard, so i went on the road and did /seat. many people who saw this were like "wtf?" so i stated in /me that i am in a car. so she jailed me for driving without a license and vehicular endangerment, which i find ironically funny because i was only getting my car to park it and spawn my bmx. i just wanna hear your guys opinions on it, what you think of it?

BreaDough
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jeffrey_Schmidt

Post by BreaDough » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:51 pm

hooramaja wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 pm
so i rp underage without license. i lent my car to a friend, she timed out in palo, i went to get my car so i could get my bmx, i was almost at the park spot i went over the intersection quickly to /v p. i spawned in my bmx and a cop puts sirens on and tells me oocly to get my car back and rp, i said that i am a kid and i couldn't realistically drive a car, she said i dont care, so i wanted to park my bmx but it was already stolen by that time, so the cop said to "rp that you are in a car". i said this is stupid, she said she doesn't care, at that point i was laughing really hard, so i went on the road and did /seat. many people who saw this were like "wtf?" so i stated in /me that i am in a car. so she jailed me for driving without a license and vehicular endangerment, which i find ironically funny because i was only getting my car to park it and spawn my bmx. i just wanna hear your guys opinions on it, what you think of it?
sounds robocop to me, you can file a complaint with pd/sd internal affairs
though, the officer / deputy may have reasons for doing so such as being used to people avoiding potential roleplay situations by not spawning their cars, thus their attitude towards you.

JGlizzy
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Dontae_Liard

Post by JGlizzy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:56 am

Add the charges of

-Child Endargerment
-Child Abduction
-Using a computer to lure a child (( Faceinvader ))

These are all real charges by the way.

Characters
ALIVE
Dontae Liard

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

Post by Chanel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:09 am

hooramaja wrote:
Has happened to me before. Just tell them in /b that you're OOCly parking your car. In retrospect, /re next time and then say that your friend can vouch for you - if she logs in.
sell your soul for the hollywood dream / you're going to be the next big thing !

hooramaja

Post by hooramaja » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:56 am

Chanel wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:09 am
hooramaja wrote:
Has happened to me before. Just tell them in /b that you're OOCly parking your car. In retrospect, /re next time and then say that your friend can vouch for you - if she logs in.
but i did say in /b that i am parking it. she said she doesn't care

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

Post by Chanel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 am

hooramaja wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:56 am
Chanel wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:09 am
hooramaja wrote:
but i did say in /b that i am parking it. she said she doesn't care
/re is your friend
sell your soul for the hollywood dream / you're going to be the next big thing !

Miharu
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Demarco Harris

Post by Miharu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:34 am

Fenato wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:28 pm
Amity wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:12 am
Marauder wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 am

honestly I'd rather see something like that go through the Senate and be looked at from all angles and have it looked at from the OOC perspective as well. Someone being on a sidewalk outside a private residence shouldn't be called loitering if the owner has no issue with them there.
Could go that route, and I was thinking that too. People that gather outside a residence could be perfectly legal, but say crowded around a business or an apartment complex can be classified as loitering and illegal.
I don't necessarily think that would be the best approach. To define loitering as crowding around a business or an apartment complex. Because to my knowledge (and please do correct me if I am wrong), they would need to have the purpose of committing a crime whilst standing on said property. They don't necessarily have a lawful purpose to stand there, but there's nothing definiting them standing where they want (so long as it's not on private property) as unlawful.

I'd love to see something like this be discussed. Quite interested to see where it could land.
It's important that we remember the reason why stuff like this happens in real life is because there's a genuine desire to suppress/eradicate crime. While there may be the same objective in in-character Los Santos, out-of-character LS-RP does not (I hope), and should not, have the same goal. We want people to be able to role play crime.
#FakeNewsNina

Miharu
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Miharu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:39 am

Marauder wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:04 pm
RyanW wrote:

(11)03. Yield Violation
etc.

I disagree entirely.

It's not robocop whatsoever. If you commit traffic offences while running from the cops, you should be held accountable for each and every traffic offence.

There absolutely should not be a restriction on officers doing this. It's perfectly acceptable - if anything it should be encouraged.
#FakeNewsNina

Miharu
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Miharu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 am

Joseph_Ragusa wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm
nicolasestla wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:04 pm
nicolasestla wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:19 pm
I got a suggestion :
Vehicular Endangerment should grant right for any LEO to suspend the license of the suspect. It's bad that when someone commits several serious traffic violation, and he just gets 15 minutes in jail, and exit without driver's license warnings suspension or fines.
And yes I think that the Failure to pay a fine's jail time should be considering the amount that the person owns to the state.
Can anybody tell me if they disagree or agree? :)
When I was a LEO, i often took peoples license over vehicular endangerment, sometimes I gave them a choice and let them pick.
Let's hope nobody you did that to realises what you did was illegal, otherwise the department you worked for is in trouble.
- Penal Code (11)06 is a misdemeanor punishable by impoundment of the individual’s vehicle with imprisonment of no less than 15 minutes and no more than 25 minutes.
#FakeNewsNina

Joseph_Ragusa
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Josue Pinto

Post by Joseph_Ragusa » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:43 am

Miharu wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 am
Joseph_Ragusa wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm
nicolasestla wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Can anybody tell me if they disagree or agree? :)
When I was a LEO, i often took peoples license over vehicular endangerment, sometimes I gave them a choice and let them pick.
Let's hope nobody you did that to realises what you did was illegal, otherwise the department you worked for is in trouble.
- Penal Code (11)06 is a misdemeanor punishable by impoundment of the individual’s vehicle with imprisonment of no less than 15 minutes and no more than 25 minutes.
In extreme cases I would arrest them, But if it was their first ever charge I would take their license. i've even had some supervisors agree with my decisions.
Liam Flanigan - Forsaken Motorcycle club.

NotharCZ
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: A Kutuzov

Post by NotharCZ » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 am

We need a "headlight violation".

DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS II) ARTYOM KUTUZOV
RETIRED POLICE OFFICER III MATTHEW BAKER
RETIRED POLICE DETECTIVE LUKAS STREET

FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by FiendFyre » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:37 pm

NotharCZ wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 am
We need a "headlight violation".
No. Too many ooc factors. Players shouldn't have to go pns if a headlight is bumped to avoid a pullover

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas”