Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Stefan_Laurentiu
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Mikael_Forsberg

Shockingly bad RP from PD/SD

Post by Stefan_Laurentiu » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 pm

As you may know yesterday there was a riot in Idlewood and a protest outside city hall. The way police handled it was the most shocking of all. Not only did they start shooting at people who were driving around in idlewood. But they were also mowing down crowds and calling it "riot control". This isn't Mao Era China, you can't just mow down a crowd of protesters and get away with it.
The mayor then decided to make some bullshit speech calling it an "illegal protest", assuming LS is in US, then there is no such thing as an illegal protest. Citizens are allowed to protest for whatever the fuck they feel like. Yesterday was an irritating day for anyone who was protesting. Worst of all admins done nothing, literally let them get away with mass DM of protesters.

This'll probably get locked because I know ls-rp admins don't like it when people tell the truth and discuss real shit, but yeah

JZC
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -

Re: Shockingly bad RP from PD/SD

Post by JZC » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Why not raise a faction report against the PD if you feel they did wrong?
Jason Crofton ---------------------------------------------- Jonathan Apuzzo

Flip_
Senior Forum Moderator

Post by Flip_ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Threads like this get locked not because "admins don't like the truth", but because threads like this don't achieve anything. If you have a problem with the way things were handled take it to the leaders of PD and SD or make specific reports on the players supposedly breaking rules. Ranting on the general discussions doesn't help your case, there are already set avenues for you to go down if you feel an Official Faction member's roleplay is sub-par.

Kenshi911
SWAT
SWAT
Ingame name: Robocop_33791

Post by Kenshi911 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Stefan_Laurentiu wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 pm
The mayor then decided to make some bullshit speech calling it an "illegal protest", assuming LS is in US, then there is no such thing as an illegal protest. Citizens are allowed to protest for whatever the fuck they feel like.

This'll probably get locked because I know ls-rp admins don't like it when people tell the truth and discuss real shit, but yeah
Someone didn't read the part of designated free speech zones / penal code and should probably go do that now to prevent himself from looking like a noob any further.

And no, this will get locked because this is yet another topic of someone ranting against PD/SD that serves no actual purpose besides venting.

Keillan_Hubbard
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Keillan_Hubbard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Whereas I do find the killing of unarmed civilians /ABSOLUTELY/ ridiculous. There was a point where there were more officers and deputies than protestors which was ridiculous as well. I think for every protester there were at least 3 deputies/officers. I did see what happened at this ''peaceful'' protest at the City Hall. ''/s Kill the cops'' ''/s Kill the pigs.'' ''/s Rush them and beat them to death.''

However I feel like that is no excuse to go mowing unarmed civilians down, no matter the situation. At the City Hall a lot of people got arrested, including me and which followed was a /GOD AWEFUL/even worse than sub par roleplay experience with the SD. Don't arrest people if you're just going to Robocop your way through the entire arrest. I'm trying to roleplay and my roleplay gets ignored whereas I get treated like a pile of poop IC and OOC.

Both protests and riots were one big fuckery and it was fucked up by both sites. A bunch of trollers came looking to DM and cops being cops, they provoked the rioters in such a which as it escalated quickly and they fucked the entire situation up. This should be taken ICly though rather than OOCly.

A tester is just going to lock this thread stating: ''If you have a problem with any members of the PD make up a faction report.'' Considering the fact the main people shooting were testers and admins I think you'll have a hard time getting a report up.

BinaryRun
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by BinaryRun » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:31 pm

In relation to the rule about this protest being illegal, see the law in San Andreas: viewtopic.php?f=120&t=566687
It's time for a change, it's time for your voice to be heard! -Kathrine Licther

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Post by FlowN » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Protests may be legal, but those which include violence and breaking laws are not.

I did see the yesterday protest - a bunch of people fighting and trolling, most of them not even knowing the reason for the "protest" and only being there to mess around, dancing while people were being shot in their vicinity, playing silly music on, shouting and spamming trollish comments.

As far as I'm aware, there was no deathmatch involved. A lot of shots being fired doesn't mean it's automatically deathmatch. Law enforcement was only shooting towards people who were an immediate danger (wielding bats, driving through the crowd and so on). Either way, if you feel members of PD/SD broke any of the rules you should file a complaint instead of opening such topics where the discussion will most likely go sideways very soon, turning them into another "anti-PD/SD" thread and getting it locked.
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

Justus
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Harry Bernard

Post by Justus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:02 pm

"Citizens are allowed to protest for whatever the fuck they feel like" . . . you obviously haven't researched anything about legal protests and you're just spit balling quotes to stur up trouble, make a faction report or contact surreal/gus regarding it.

Admins cant jump from player to player and instantly know what they did right and wrong in these situations cause they're so hectic and there's other reports so you need to file forum reports, if you're too lazy to do that, then that just shows how much you really care about the faction standards.

hotstufkiloo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by hotstufkiloo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:46 pm

I had a terrible experience in Idlewood. I didn't spend more than three minutes and got DM'd by SD cop. The problem I see more is that no admins responded to reports or intervened or even watched. It was a mess.
bitch ur dead

thekillergreece
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Jessica Eponimos

Post by thekillergreece » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:48 pm

hotstufkiloo wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:46 pm
I had a terrible experience in Idlewood. I didn't spend more than three minutes and got DM'd by SD cop. The problem I see more is that no admins responded to reports or intervened or even watched. It was a mess.
Oh my. Fill a forum report please! This sounds serious, if a SD cop really DMed you, I hope you got SS proof and made a forum report till now from that situation.
Corporal Jessica Eponimos

Serving the San Andreas Sheriff Department since 7th June 2015.

ImageImage

Minst
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Clarence Reich

Post by Minst » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Publicly complaining about something will not help solving it. You need to go through the right channels to report it if you wish something to be done about it. As you can see there are people who even disagree with you publicly. These riots are sometimes started off in unrealistic ways, if something like this was to happen in real life, I am sure that conventional measures would not be taken. It's the fault of the ones who started it, riots like these are opportunity for people to break rules and do as they wish.

And I am just saying, you trying to publicly shame PD or SD is not appropriate or courteous.

JTG.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by JTG. » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Stefan_Laurentiu wrote:
This isn't Mao Era China, you can't just mow down a crowd of protesters and get away with it.
You're right. The proletariat will survive only with complete and utter power vested in Supreme Leader Rauner and Chairman LeGrand. Maoism is dead, baby.

Stefan_Laurentiu
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Stefan_Laurentiu » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Yes, of course, in all protests there is a small group of violent people but that shouldn't get in the way of the main peaceful protesters.

Also, Freedom of Speech allows people to protest on whatever they feel like as long as it is peaceful and controlled, so yeah.

mattmocz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Rodney Patterson

Post by mattmocz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Stefan_Laurentiu wrote:
As you may know yesterday there was a riot in Idlewood and a protest outside city hall. The way police handled it was the most shocking of all. Not only did they start shooting at people who were driving around in idlewood. But they were also mowing down crowds and calling it "riot control". This isn't Mao Era China, you can't just mow down a crowd of protesters and get away with it.
The mayor then decided to make some bullshit speech calling it an "illegal protest", assuming LS is in US, then there is no such thing as an illegal protest. Citizens are allowed to protest for whatever the fuck they feel like. Yesterday was an irritating day for anyone who was protesting. Worst of all admins done nothing, literally let them get away with mass DM of protesters.

So, from the State Government's standpoint, I was the one calling it an "illegal protest" because you stepped out of the free speech zone. You're only allowed to freely protest in the SQUARE itself. Not only this, the protestors attacked police and eachother. The police were following the orders of the State Government who ordered the squashing of the illegal protest because you and your fellow protestors made it turn illegal.

viewtopic.php?f=120&t=566687&p=7264544& ... s#p7264544

Stefan_Laurentiu
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Stefan_Laurentiu » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:37 pm

but the thing is, there was only a small minority of people who were doing shit, most people were genuinely protesting.

Return to “General Discussions”