Re: The Business Update — Part II

Post by Resident of Hell. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:45 am

Awsome

HBK
Civilian
Civilian

Post by HBK » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:54 am

So you need admin permission just to rob a business, you can only get $500 from a robbery when a deagle costs you $30.000.
Scams aren't allowed besides ones that are practically impossible to commit. You need admin permission just to shoot someone inside a business. You can't supply drugs/guns without being in an official faction and everyone and their mother's selling drugs anyway so there's no point in being a dealer as nobody wants to buy that shit and you can't be a gun dealer because an official faction only wants their members selling and you wouldn't sell them anyway even if you had a chance to because guns are hard to find in the first place w/o a pf license.

Might as well play The Sims at this rate. The server's taking away everything good about being a criminal.

So there's another thing a none official faction member is able to do for money. I guess it's time to just go and /lean at an official faction's hotspot in hopes of joining so I'm actually able to do criminal roleplay.

I swear the server's aiming for everyone to just /dealerstance and "/w want drugs?" at pizza stack.
This is being implemented because businesses, especially those located in the county, are frequently harassed by criminal role-players who just roam from business to business committing robberies with complete disregard to the risks involved, the quality of role-play or how it affects other players. It cripples the role-play being done inside by customers and proves to be a very disruptive activity for those involved as people can generally visit businesses in real life without falling victim to back-to-back armed robberies. If it is a necessity to rob a business, however, there is still the option of discussing your plan with an administrator and gaining permission over /re.
Why not just punish those roleplayers who are doing unrealistic roleplay such as robbing numerous businesses back to back instead of punishing the entire server by banning it? I mean, we've got admins and the report section on the forums for that reason. Roleplay shouldn't be restricted due to a possibility of it being abused, just punish those who abuse it.

I understand that businesses in areas like Fort Carson are going to be robbed frequently but surely that's the SASDs and the business owner's/s fault. I'm sure this could be fixed in-character by mentioning to the SASD that you've got a business opening in a hour or so and with the frequent robberies in said area you'd appreciate some nearby SASD presence as well as hiring security for your business. You've actually put a lot of people that work security with a CCW license out of a job because I guarantee they'll be hiring security a hell of a lot less now, you practically only need one just to check IDs at the front.

Shoot Em Up
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: NANANAN

Post by Shoot Em Up » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:41 am

Love it!

KartelBoss
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by KartelBoss » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Love it, just one thing though. If you will need to require admins permission to rob a business & obviously take time to plan it all out, should you not then be able to rob more than $500 due to the effort & planning? I'm sure the admins will only be accepting very well planned robberies, so why not make the reward a little greater?

Anomie
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Huck

Post by Anomie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:11 pm

KartelBoss wrote:Love it, just one thing though. If you will need to require admins permission to rob a business & obviously take time to plan it all out, should you not then be able to rob more than $500 due to the effort & planning? I'm sure the admins will only be accepting very well planned robberies, so why not make the reward a little greater?
If you're robbing a whole business you should expect multiple people in said business, I'm sure 500 per person of however many people are inside the business is quite enough money to be had. Besides the point it not about the money it's supposed to be about the roleplay had.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 am

HBK wrote:[...]
Because it is extremely rare (or non-existent) to find a business robbery that is sensibly conducted and role-played with any depth. Administrators aren't going to know when every robbery occurs at random on the server and by the time they've done it — the damage is already done if it's one that would result in a punishment. There is no "quick fix" to making sure it only happens the "right amount of times" as you seem to insist. Back-to-back robberies in businesses cripple role-play for business owners and role-players as some criminals want to provoke a fire-fight or get a cheap thrill when they're armed to the teeth. Business robberies with a focus on role-play are allowed but must be quickly requested over /re, leaving the server knowing that there's a firm stance against these baseless, empty robbery situations.

Look at the support for this implementation and the thread where it was initially discussed — that's why it's being implemented in the first place. If "everything good about role-playing a criminal" to you is recklessly wandering around and getting into forced fire-fights or getting cheap thrills at the expense of role-play then maybe this is the wrong server for you. As you may or may not know, we're continuing to review rules (loosening, tightening, adding, removing) to compliment role-play on the server and ensure that we're doing things to encourage a better experience.

If it wasn't clear — you can still rob businesses and kill people in businesses, but a quick permission request with server administration is needed to ensure you don't get into any bother and your actions are condoned. This is because these specific actions can make or break a business opening and can negatively affect hundreds of players.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Return to “Announcements Archive”