The Business Update — Part II

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Adorn.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: The Business Update — Part II

Post by Adorn. » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Surreal wrote:
Adorn. wrote:I hope this doesn't mean LEOs can't conduct general business/premise well being checks. I totally understand the nightlife LEO invasion thing though.
No, a business check-up can still be done, but shouldn't exceed any more than once a month and be properly recorded so they are not done every time a business opens. Registration lasts a month, minimum, so that makes sense. The Police Department do not have the actual authority to go and check up on business licensing IC — they require a member of CITY Government present who is responsible for licensing, and can only accompany them in a protective capacity. Seeing as business licensing can easily be found via communication with CITY GOV, I encourage exploring that option too.
Not even referring to license checks. But glad to hear!!

Evans
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Dushane Carson

Post by Evans » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Much better!

Cheezy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Pops

Post by Cheezy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:23 am

This is sweet, we need more coffee shops ;)
retired admin
legends never die
Lost Demons Motorcycle Club 124

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:20 am

Adorn. wrote:
Surreal wrote:
Adorn. wrote:I hope this doesn't mean LEOs can't conduct general business/premise well being checks. I totally understand the nightlife LEO invasion thing though.
No, a business check-up can still be done, but shouldn't exceed any more than once a month and be properly recorded so they are not done every time a business opens. Registration lasts a month, minimum, so that makes sense. The Police Department do not have the actual authority to go and check up on business licensing IC — they require a member of CITY Government present who is responsible for licensing, and can only accompany them in a protective capacity. Seeing as business licensing can easily be found via communication with CITY GOV, I encourage exploring that option too.
Not even referring to license checks. But glad to hear!!
Oh, if you are referring to going inside to "casually checking on everyone" as a cop then that is going to be prohibited from clubs, bars, non-fast food restaurants and so on. It's especially stupid for cops to wander into night clubs and strip clubs just to see how everyone's doing — let's cut that kind of unrealistic behaviour out. It's especially relevant when the cop tries to arrest bouncers and staff for saying that they aren't welcome inside for these casual "well being checks".
Johnny_Snake wrote:
Surreal wrote:RULE CHANGES AFFECTING BUSINESS OWNERS

3. Realistic/sensible advertising — You may no longer advertise "free drinks"
The era of half price drinks.

Still an improvement on getting free drinks no matter where you go, all of the time as was the case before this was implemented. If business owners push their luck then they'll be approached on a case-by-case basis.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Tenrakk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Tenrakk » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Nice update.

Danny
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Danny » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Great update.

Adorn.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Adorn. » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Surreal wrote: Oh, if you are referring to going inside to "casually checking on everyone" as a cop then that is going to be prohibited from clubs, bars, non-fast food restaurants and so on. It's especially stupid for cops to wander into night clubs and strip clubs just to see how everyone's doing — let's cut that kind of unrealistic behaviour out. It's especially relevant when the cop tries to arrest bouncers and staff for saying that they aren't welcome inside for these casual "well being checks".
How is that unrealistic? Forget about the nightlife scenario as I said that IMO kills the fun for you guys. But to not be allowed to do a general check up on regular businesses is unrealistic? Many police services do have community orientated response units that do such things. Ensuring the business isn't being extorted... ensuring everyone's safe... no one's loitering around... security cameras are up to date... It's not even about the customers but the building of a relationship between business owners and local LE.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how such a thing is unrealistic.

keinanW
deadmau5 wannabe
deadmau5 wannabe
Ingame name: Keinan_Walker

Post by keinanW » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Adorn. wrote:How is that unrealistic? Forget about the nightlife scenario as I said that IMO kills the fun for you guys. But to not be allowed to do a general check up on regular businesses is unrealistic? Many police services do have community orientated response units that do such things. Ensuring the business isn't being extorted... ensuring everyone's safe... no one's loitering around... security cameras are up to date... It's not even about the customers but the building of a relationship between business owners and local LE.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how such a thing is unrealistic.
It's not unrealistic unless it becomes frequent. Cops have been staining every single opening, like Surreal said it can be done once in a month or so but when it's done time and time again every time a business opens, it gets extremely unrealistic. I've been clubbing so many times, I've been to bars, I'm sure you have too, and never have I ever seen a police officer inside unless some shit goes down. Cops usually don't bother until people themselves dial 911 or there's a special reason.

OG Reece
Mr Playa
Mr Playa
Ingame name: Jimbo

Post by OG Reece » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:37 pm

Great work!

Kendrick_Underwood
British Sicario

Post by Kendrick_Underwood » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:30 am

I do like these changes. I especially like the robbery rules. I remember roleplaying in Fort Carson, we leased a few of the businesses there but we'd get robbed at gunpoint point 9/10 openings.

FazerX
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: CLASSIFIED

Post by FazerX » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:20 am

The server is only moving forward! Great.

Land of Gang Members
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Land of Gang Members » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:26 am

Final fucking lee.

Heroic Seahorse
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Heroic Seahorse » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Let's hope this puts an end to the chaos at Avalon with the PD/SD just walking straight through the door staff. Good update.
Young Urban Excellence

Doakes
Crime Scene Investigator
Crime Scene Investigator
Ingame name: Doakes

Post by Doakes » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:22 pm

It's beautiful to see how this community is always working on moving forward and improving its standards.

I'll admit that as an ex police officer I often entered businesses to make arrests of case file suspects who were normally hard to track, but looking back at it, it created weird and unrealistic situations.

Doakes Helper v6

Image SCREENSHOT EDITOR - Automatic /blindfold
Image FRIENDS - Get notified when they go online
Image CHATLOG BACKUPS - Effortless chatlog backups

Andrei
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Andrei » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:54 am

Something realistic would be the next: if a police member wants to check a business for criminals they need a warrant to do so.
Last edited by Andrei on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements Archive”