[Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Find all the Laws and Acts of San Andreas in this forum.

Also contains the full Penal Code to list all crimes and punishments.

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Smarty
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Franky Deurlo

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Smarty » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:34 am

Sarcasmohjoy wrote:Scooters on lsrp are like mopeds. So, no, it should be the same minimum driving age for anything you drive on the street at all.
So just to make this clear, 15 year old can drive around unsupervised cos they passed there test? Because I've now had PD and DOJ tell me that they are allowed.

Iudex
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Skylar Kimura

Post by Iudex » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:51 am

Yes.

nicolasestla
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Jeffrey_Connor

Post by nicolasestla » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:52 pm

How can we make the driver pay his fines in this scenario? Can he /pay the officer, and then the officer does /charity? Or do you bring the man to city hall handcuffed so he pays it?

If a driver commits three or more traffic offenses his license can be suspended? Or at least, can several warning be issued?

FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by FiendFyre » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:13 pm

nicolasestla wrote:Image

How can we make the driver pay his fines in this scenario? Can he /pay the officer, and then the officer does /charity? Or do you bring the man to city hall handcuffed so he pays it?

If a driver commits three or more traffic offenses his license can be suspended? Or at least, can several warning be issued?
For your first part, offices can follow the person or take them to City Hall to pay them. But an officer can't arrest someone with outstanding fines without a warrant anyways, and a person can't decide to use officer discretion on the charge once the warrant is filed by the fine issuer.

For the second, it's not really possible to give more than 3 warnings in a single traffic incident, since you can't give them 3 failure to yield to a tcd if they run 3 intersections. Once a person gets to three, though, license is suspended.

Airwolf
The Firefighter
The Firefighter
Ingame name: Kevin_Alterlis

Post by Airwolf » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:56 am

Sarcasmohjoy wrote:
nicolasestla wrote:Image

For your first part, offices can follow the person or take them to City Hall to pay them. But an officer can't arrest someone with outstanding fines without a warrant anyways, and a person can't decide to use officer discretion on the charge once the warrant is filed by the fine issuer.

For the second, it's not really possible to give more than 3 warnings in a single traffic incident, since you can't give them 3 failure to yield to a tcd if they run 3 intersections. Once a person gets to three, though, license is suspended.
Officer can in fact arrest for outstanding fines without a warrant per viewtopic.php?f=606&t=595111#p7619668. The warrant is mainly related to affidavits.
Last edited by Airwolf on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ward
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ward » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:57 am

Sarcasmohjoy wrote:But an officer can't arrest someone with outstanding fines without a warrant anyways
That was a misinterpretation reversed in the court of appeals.

EDIT: Ahh! Airwolf beat me to it. Well done.

ImperiumXVII
Assistant Head of Legal Factions
Ingame name: Zachary_Cook

Post by ImperiumXVII » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:53 am

I am aiming to handle the ambiguity around driving licenses soon, so watch out for updates.
Police Deputy Chief David Zhuo
Police Captain II Joseph McRae
Police Lieutenant I Clarke Walker
Reserve Firefighter Danielle Garceau
Associate Justice Eric Cradle
State Bar Chairman Raphael Pachlinski
Developer
Junior Administrator

Torque
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Torque » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:10 am

Some minor changes were made to the penal code:
(14)04. Feb. 18 2016
  1. (4)02. Failure to Pay a Fine reverted to its previous version with minor changes to provide more clarity.
  2. Altered (2)08. Petty Theft, (2)09. Theft, and (2)10. Grand Theft in line with The People v. Najaro: 16-A003, and 16-B018.
  3. Altered (13)12. to include a note.

FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by FiendFyre » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:24 am

Torque wrote:Some minor changes were made to the penal code:
(14)04. Feb. 18 2016
  1. (4)02. Failure to Pay a Fine reverted to its previous version with minor changes to provide more clarity.
  2. Altered (2)08. Petty Theft, (2)09. Theft, and (2)10. Grand Theft in line with The People v. Najaro: 16-A003, and 16-B018.
So no more Captain+ warrants?

Torque
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Torque » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:38 am

Sarcasmohjoy wrote:
Torque wrote:Some minor changes were made to the penal code:
(14)04. Feb. 18 2016
So no more Captain+ warrants?
Which part of the revision could be interpreted as removing Captain+ warrants?

danielswe
LS-RP Tester
LS-RP Tester

Post by danielswe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Torque wrote:Which part of the revision could be interpreted as removing Captain+ warrants?
This part:
An arrest warrant for failure to pay a fine MAY be issued by the officer who issued the fine.
I contacted a PD Command and STAFF member and asked them about it. Waiting for a response.

Torque
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Torque » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:54 pm

danielswe wrote:
Torque wrote:Which part of the revision could be interpreted as removing Captain+ warrants?
This part:
An arrest warrant for failure to pay a fine MAY be issued by the officer who issued the fine.
I contacted a PD Command and STAFF member and asked them about it. Waiting for a response.
It's more about stopping people from randomly checking someone's name for unpaid fines and submitting arrest warrant requests on their forum when they're not the one issuing the fine in the first place. This was the original intent, as far as I'm aware, of changing failure to pay a fine code from what it was in 2015 to the 2016 version, but there was room for misinterpretation in the new one where arrests for (4)02 could, though a bit pushing, be interpreted as requiring Captain+ warrants. So I just reverted (4)02 to its previous version and added the clause on warrants from its 2016 version.

If officers find someone during their patrol who failed to pay a fine then they are allowed to arrest them under (4)02, but they should not go around submitting requests for arrest warrants for people they have never even encountered.

nicolasestla
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by nicolasestla » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 pm

I was thinking about three different offenses, like failure to abide to a tcd, speeding and reckless driving for example, in this case can several warnings be issued? Can the license get suspended?

ImperiumXVII
Ingame name: Zachary_Cook

Post by ImperiumXVII » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:20 pm

nicolasestla wrote:
I was thinking about three different offenses, like failure to abide to a tcd, speeding and reckless driving for example, in this case can several warnings be issued? Can the license get suspended?
(11)00. Limitations ↑
  1. No individual may be fined more than $25,000 in the course of a single road law incident in charges from Title 11. Road Law
  2. No individual may receive more than three driver warnings, amounting to a single license revocation, per road law incident.
  3. No more than one of each code entry in Title 11. Road Law may be issued on a driver per road law incident.
If you commit 3 road law violations, you can be given warnings for all 3, and your license can be suspended. You can be fined up to $25,000, and you can only be fined once per charge (so you can't be fined twice for speeding in one traffic stop)
Police Deputy Chief David Zhuo
Police Captain II Joseph McRae
Police Lieutenant I Clarke Walker
Reserve Firefighter Danielle Garceau
Associate Justice Eric Cradle
State Bar Chairman Raphael Pachlinski
Developer
Junior Administrator

nicolasestla
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by nicolasestla » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Arkady Krushenko wrote:
nicolasestla wrote:
(11)00. Limitations ↑
  1. No individual may be fined more than $25,000 in the course of a single road law incident in charges from Title 11. Road Law
  2. No individual may receive more than three driver warnings, amounting to a single license revocation, per road law incident.
  3. No more than one of each code entry in Title 11. Road Law may be issued on a driver per road law incident.
If you commit 3 road law violations, you can be given warnings for all 3, and your license can be suspended. You can be fined up to $25,000, and you can only be fined once per charge (so you can't be fined twice for speeding in one traffic stop)
Alright thanks a lot, that's what I thought I just wanted it confirmed so I can apply it without risk with Internal Affair. ^^

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas”