Fishing Job

You'll find Official server guides in this section. The one-stop place you need to find all the information you require!

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
Spotted a mistake? Let us know by reading the information and posting here: viewtopic.php?f=398&t=354301
LS-RP
Los Santos Roleplay
Los Santos Roleplay

Fishing Job

Post by LS-RP » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:37 am

The Fishing Job

Table of contents

1. Introduction
__ 1.1 Job information
__ 1.2 Locations
__ 1.3 Vehicles
2. Commands
3. Missions
__ 3.1 Pier
__ 3.2 Open Water
4. Frequently asked questions

1. Introduction

1.1 Job information
The Fishing Job is a legal job type that can be used alongside any other script-job that you may have. The job includes fishing for the fish from either a platform or a boat and then transporting them to sell them for cash.

1.2 Locations
There are two places in which you are able to use the fishing commands; the Santa Maria Pier (Pictured Below) and open water, such as the sea and lakes.

There is also an area at the Ocean Docks (Pictured below) for you to unload your fish for money.

1.3 Vehicles

Dinghy

Dinghy
Price: $20,000
The Dinghy is the cheapest and most basic vehicle available to those using the fishing script, with the slowest speed and limited roleplaying opportunities in comparison to models such as the Tropic. A good starting boat, it's a foundation for increasing the amount of money you earn via the fishing script.

Reefer

Reefer
Price: $180,000
The Reefer is a step up from the standard dinghy and provides a more luxurious way of fishing at an affordable price. Despite not being as fast as some of the other vehicles available, you can definitely show your sense of style across the fishing empire with this large vessel.

Tropic

Tropic
Price: $299,999
The Tropic is seen as the middle ground for Fisherman, offering more roleplay opportunities and a classier look in comparison to the Dinghy. There are several modifications around that allow users to enter the interior of the boat, allowing more access to roleplaying opportunities for those wishing to create a faction around the fishing job - or use it for a trip with faction members.

Squalo

Squalo
Price: $1,000,000
The Squalo is the most expensive boat available to those using the fishing script, but it is also the fastest and allows those using the fishing job to generate money the ability to complete loads faster than those using other modes of transport.

2. Commands

• /gofishing 1
    This command is used if you wish to start fishing from a vehicle on open water.
  • /gofishing 2
    This command is used if you wish to start fishing from the Santa Maria Pier.
  • /fish
    This command is used to catch fish after using either of the two /gofishing commands. This can be used every 6 seconds in an attempt to catch a fish.
  • /stopfishing
    Stops fishing before hitting the limit and prompts you to go and unload the fish.
  • /unloadfish
    Used to unload your fish for cash. This command will create a waypoint for you to travel to and sell your fish for money.
  • /myfish
    Allows you to see how many fish you've currently caught in lbs.

3. Missions

3.1 Pier
    By heading to the Santa Maria Pier, you are able to fish without the need of purchasing a boat. Simply type "/gofishing 2" and head down to the end of the pier to the static fishing rods pointing out to sea. From here, type "/fish" and you will be presented with what you have caught and it's weight. Continue using /fish until you have had enough of fishing (command can be used once every 6 seconds) and then use "/stopfishing" to bring your fishing trip to an end.

To receive your payout for fishing you then need to unload these fish at the Ocean Docks. Use the command "/unloadfish" to put this point on your mini-map. Head over to the marker and use the command "/unloadfish" again. This will sell your fish and you'll be presented onscreen how much you have sold them for. This money is automatically added to your cash.

3.2 Open Water
    If you have enough cash, you can purchase different boats to help you to fish for larger quantities of fish. Once purchased, hop into one of these boats and type "/gofishing 1" to be shown a marker in the sea just south of the Santa Maria Pier. Type "/fish" to begin fishing and use this command (only once every 6 seconds) to catch as much fish as you want. To bring your trip to an end, type "/stopfishing."

Once again, you'll need to head to the Ocean Docks unloading point to sell your fish. Type "/unloadfish" and head to the Ocean Docks waypoint which has now appeared on your mini-map. The advantage of having a boat in this situation is you can easily drive back and forth between Ocean Docks and Santa Maria fishing area to reel in the big bucks! Once at the unloading point, type "/unloadfish" again to sell your fish. Again, you'll be shown how much you sold them for and this amount will automatically be added to your cash.

4. Frequently asked questions

• How do I sell my fish for money?
    Use "/unloadfish" to be prompted with a waypoint on the minimap. If you then travel to this waypoint and use the "/unloadfish" command again you shall sell your fish to the server and receive payment.
  • Can I have the fishing job alongside any other job?
    Yes. As the Fishing Job is not assigned to your character and doesn't appear in /stats anyone can use it, regardless of whether they're in a faction or have a job already.
  • How much money do I get for selling my fish?
    The amount of money you receive when selling your fish, is determined by what the total weight is and the type of fish you caught. When fishing, you can see what you catch - as shown below:

Fishing from a boat yields much greater profit due to being able to hold a greater weight of fish. However, you do need to own/be on a boat.
  • Are there any rules regarding fishing?
    Yes - When fishing from the pier, it is against the server rules to /fish from a vehicle.
  • Can I be robbed at the Fishing Pier?
    No, a player can not rob you as it is a safe zone therefore you cannot commit any crimes, but once you leave the remote area you're prone to being robbed.
  • Can I give my fish to other players?
    No, unfortunately you cannot give other players your fish.

JK.777
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Fishing Job

Post by JK.777 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:48 pm

-edited-
Last edited by JK.777 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#LYAV
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Federico Franco

Post by #LYAV » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:17 am

Good guide.
VOTE AND YOU ADRIAN THEODORESCU FOR A BETTER LIFE !

Tense
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Tense » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:14 pm

I'll start to fish tomorrow, seems good. Hopefully the money comes in!
Sebastian Radich

I bought some shoes from a drug dealer, I don't know what he laced them with but I've been tripping all day

ajax25
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by ajax25 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:51 pm

Very good system... I start fishing today xD

Kimnotyze
Ingame name: Tavi Hernandez

Post by Kimnotyze » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Nice , thank`s :P

Facts
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Facts » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:23 am

Read it, thank you!
Retired Forum Moderator/Tester
August 12 2013 - July 19 2020
In loving memory, Facts

Hemingway
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Hemingway » Mon May 04, 2015 10:59 am

Where can I see how much fish can hold each boat?

Kojotot
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kojotot » Sat May 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Quistet wrote:Where can I see how much fish can hold each boat?
Every boat can hold up to 5000 lbs fish.
On foot you can have up to 1000 lbs fish.
To see how much fish you caught, use /myfish.

BigElijah

Post by BigElijah » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Decent job might try it out.

JoshBaum
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by JoshBaum » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:46 pm

no coastguard?

Jellah
Ingame name: Alessia_Connolly

Post by Jellah » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:44 am

Cool

Dequain Brooks
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dequain Brooks » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:24 am

Thanks for making this guide because it helped me a lot.

Koji_Takamato
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Koji_Takamato

Post by Koji_Takamato » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Helpful guide indeed.

hothi.

Post by hothi. » Wed May 24, 2017 11:51 pm

Helpfull.

Return to “Official Guides”