Happy Anniversary LS-RP!

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Damian
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Happy Anniversary LS-RP!

Post by Damian » Fri May 17, 2013 9:04 am

http://ls-rp.com/?page=news&id=292
Six years ago Apple unveiled their revolutionary smartphone- the iPhone. Six years ago Michael Bay kicked back into the action-movie industry with his first installment to the Transformers series, while Eddie Murphey slipped right off the ball with his movie- Norbit. Six years ago, we were learning that latest dance move "Crank That Soulja Boy" while dancing Under Our Umbrellas to Rihanna. Six years ago, I had finally graduated from High School.

Six years ago it was the year 2007, which is the same year LS-RP was born. A few Norwegians came together from another server because they believed deeply in their own vision of what a server should be like. It went from being a project with friends a full blown community. Just let that sink in for a second. A small project amongst friends, turned into what we are all playing right now today. We haven't been featured in magazines or anything yet, but still it's quite impressive how large it has grown.

You can read about my first days on LS-RP in my About The Staff profile so I will save you the boring story for now! What I will focus on is the overall progression and change throughout the server. Every year, without missing a step, I've watched this community grow and change every single year. Look around yourselves right now, half of the people you see will be replaced by some up and coming new player. The factions you love today will be old news compared to the new factions coming up at that time.

It's not a bad thing and I'm not trying to make anyone feel old, because it's perfectly healthy for things to be this way. It assures us all that the server will always be around as long as some boy or some girl out there has a taste for playing the role of a character they thought up. The server will always be around to place a smile on someone elses face, and everyone here today and all the members of the past will forever be the ones they will look back on and inspire to be like.

Lord knows I don't show it all the time, and I'm the furthest thing from perfect. I don't know a lot but I do know I love this community. I love what I've been able to do for the thousands of players that have come by. I love the endless amounts of possibilities and opportunities it has to offer. And I am thankful every single day for what I've learned about myself and others over the years.

I've made great friends here, lost friends, made enemies, fought long and pointless battles, grown alot over the years; everything. Honestly, I wouldn't trade any of the experience I've obtained here for anything else. Thank-you towards all the founders past and present for bringing LS-RP into our lives, and thanks to all the members for sticking on this long and crazy ride we try to remember as just a game.

May LS-RP live on until the wheels fall off and the engine blows up!

Event
Oh my Goodness, so many people to thank for this so I'm going to get straight to it.

The Mappers( Burger, Reese, Gooday, Lonex, Benne, Morin )- These boys busted their ass to destroy Los Santos. And to top it off I put them on such a tiny time schedule and they still came through. Thank you guys, the city looks absolutely terrible!
Event Team( Birdman, Bradley, Captain Phill )- Really came through with last minute ideas and event tidying. Helped bring the idea together.
Content( Lucas & Pitchounette )- That's Lucas's voice ladies and gentlemen. Isn't it downright creepy? Excellent job fella and thanks Pitchy for the wonderful upcoming ideas and story.

Yes, upcoming. The event is not yet done, the hurricane is only the beginning. Which is why I encourage everyone to keep an eye on ls-rp.com, LS-RP Twitter, hop by IRC, and most importantly be sure to come ingame! I don't want anyone to miss out on the great prizes you have the chance to win- we're gonna have us a nice ol scavenger hunt. Shoulda had one for Easter, but better late than never! Once again stay tuned for that. It all begins Friday night.
Damian Calhoun
Manager
Head of Staff
Head of Boards
Head of Development
SA:MP BetaTester '06
Tester Information:
Information About Applying.
Head of Mapping.
Contact Information
IRC.
PM me!
Ventrilo.
Highest Player Count:
550!
DamianC.

Devlin
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Happy Anniversary LS-RP!

Post by Devlin » Fri May 17, 2013 9:06 am

Happy anniversary and birthday, LS:RP!

Long live Los Santos Roleplay!

Allison Hall
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Allison Hall » Fri May 17, 2013 9:06 am

I've loved my time here on SAMP's best roleplay server!
Hears to another six years and beyond.

Rico_Mancin
takes long breaks
takes long breaks
Ingame name: Rowen Miyamoto

Post by Rico_Mancin » Fri May 17, 2013 9:11 am

Really glad I'm around for the anniversary. This server has given me laughs, has nearly made me cry, and has given me tons of pleasurable frustration along the way. Glad I get to celebrate the anniversary with all you guys! This'll be a fun weekend. :)

Aero
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by Aero » Fri May 17, 2013 9:13 am

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to LS-RP in any way, you are a part of why this server and community is the way it is today. Thinking that I've been here for 5 years now its crazy to think. A lot of things have happened these past years though a lot of good and bad ones. But I wouldn't change em for anything.

Happy Birthday LS-RP.

BinaryRun
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by BinaryRun » Fri May 17, 2013 9:15 am

Damian, I've been on the server for nearly 5 years now and I really feel like we should thank you, Mow, Size & Krisk as well, as we would've have been able to come up with all these roleplay idea's without you guys providing all these amazing opportunities.

drayzyo
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by drayzyo » Fri May 17, 2013 9:15 am

Happy Anniversary LS-RP! The time I've spent with the server and community has been absolutely amazing - to another amazing year!
free varun ravi until it's backwards

Dimitri
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dimitri » Fri May 17, 2013 9:16 am

Happy anniversary :)

DregZ
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Hunter Sullivan

Post by DregZ » Fri May 17, 2013 9:25 am

Kind of weird to think I'd only just entered my teens when I first started playing this server.. and now I'm at the end of them. You never realize how quick time goes, until you look back at things like this. Scary, really :/

Montana10000
Chico Gang Or Don't Bang
Chico Gang Or Don't Bang

Post by Montana10000 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 am

Happy anniversary.

Mute
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Philip Doyle

Post by Mute » Fri May 17, 2013 11:58 am

Happy anniversary! Thanks for the awesome event.
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Jesus Christ

Foster161
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Foster161 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Live long and prosper, LSRP! Happy anniversary.

Benne
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Tristan Conroy

Post by Benne » Fri May 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Happy Anniversary! It has been some good years and I hope the next years will continue even better.

-Little
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Barrett_Action

Post by -Little » Fri May 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Happy anniversary. This time two years ago I actually was happy with LSRP, but not so sure now. LSRP was good, take note of the word WAS. In the last 2 years it seems to have downgraded itself into a light RP server, an RPG, even a party server in some ways. It has turned into something way unprofessional and I don't think it will ever recover, so happy anniversary LSRP and RIP the good times which are long dead and forgotten about.

nelsondx
Rock n' Roll Maniac
Rock n' Roll Maniac
Ingame name: a6m fan

Post by nelsondx » Fri May 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Happy anniversary LS-RP! Hope we celebrate this for many years.

Return to “Announcements Archive”