papanomaly
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Kiara Hilton

Re: So what's with the lag recently?

Post by papanomaly » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Georgi wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:09 pm
I'm pretty sure it's the toll system. It takes ages to realise you are standing at the toll, therefore send you the automated text about /opentoll.
Impossible I think.

Justus
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Harry Bernard

Post by Justus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:44 pm

Georgi wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's the toll system. It takes ages to realise you are standing at the toll, therefore send you the automated text about /opentoll.
This issue is being fixed and has nothing to do with the lag, the lag existed weeks before the anniversary.
gamingworld wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:19 pm
Georgi wrote:
True that you have to wait around 50 seconds to a minute until the toll detects you are standing there for /opentoll messege to pop up.
Doesn't take that long, you just need to be close to the barrier, but like I mentioned there's a fix for this which fixes all them issues and more pending implementation.
Retired Level 3 Admin, Retired Head of Mappers, Retired Junior Developer

Beard
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Robert Sheldon

Post by Beard » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:36 pm

In all honesty, the timer ticking method for property/tolls display is very sluggish and over the past few days haven't even been accurately calling the things they need to call

Ignoto101
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ignoto101 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Rayduxz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:29 pm
I would without doubt trade off all the new features for a completely rewrite of the core of the code and optimizations in the modules (properties system, furniture system, vehicle system, etc.).

This shouldn't take more than half a year working from Monday to Friday around 6 hours a day for one developer with testers help.

At a simple view all the server features could be easily replicated, it's just a matter of time and skills to do it efficiently.
I completely agree. The current script is old and not very well optimized. While coming up with an entirely new script from scratch would take a long time and a lot of resources, I think it would be the best solution to all of our problems in the long run.

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman

Post by Mmartin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:35 pm

I'm gonna close this thread and just post updates once there's some. I don't feel that most people who reply have actually read the whole thing and it doesn't help with the matter at hand. The post was meant to be more of a behind the scenes insight and to let you know we're doing something about it.

Return to “Announcements Archive”