Good work!

GhostofShadows
Holder of Ws
Holder of Ws
Ingame name: Bill_Stevens

Re: The Business Update — Part II

Post by GhostofShadows » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Great work.
[16:35:50] (( PM from Jared_Landry (ID: 180): You aren't welcomed to roleplay anywhere near here. ))

[16:36:01] This user is blocking private messages from you.

6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: OHHHHHH MAH DAWWWG
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: ugh
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: what the fuck do you want bitch?
6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: whats good, CJ?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: cj?! the fuck?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: kill your fucking self bitch

Shack
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Shack » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:35 pm

Neat.

OfficerCode3
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by OfficerCode3 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Great. Definitely a step in the right direction!

BigJoker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by BigJoker » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Great.

O.G Alex
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by O.G Alex » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Lovely. Great update!

ChrisRawr
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ChrisRawr » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Looks pretty awesome! \o/

mxrs

Post by mxrs » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Okay.

CAZEY

Post by CAZEY » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:48 pm

This is excellent.

Coup
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Coup » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Surreal wrote: 2. Shootings in businesses — if you want to shoot a player inside an establishment business (club, bar, restaurant) when it is open and occupied by players, you require admin permission. Businesses that are not open to the public, or "always open" (like fast-food outlets) are excluded from this rule and do not require admin permission.
Surreal wrote:2. Brawls/violent situations — should be avoided in open businesses unless heavily justified and role-played.
  • This is a notice/reminder and not a rule addition. Some players often engage in conflict when they go to a business, and find little-to-no-reason to start a fist-fight or armed conflict inside of an open business which disrupts the experience for everyone else when it is such a common occurrence.
These two points seem contradictory to me. More specific examples of when this is and isn't acceptable are needed to avoid confusion. If I enter a business with the intention of specifically hitting one guy over a time-sensitive matter (i.e. justified suspicion they are meeting with law enforcement / a rival organization) does that violate either of these rules, or does it fall under the same exceptions as IG Rule #7?

On the whole I'm ashamed LS-RP had to resort to putting more rules in place to prevent those that can't play nice from ruining the game for everybody else. It feels more like a step to the side than a leap forward.

Kipps
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kipps » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:09 pm

2. Shootings in businesses — if you want to shoot a player inside an establishment business (club, bar, restaurant) when it is open and occupied by players, you require admin permission.
Shooting a player in a business is no 'worse' in terms of shifting the focus of roleplay than sending in a SWAT team to arrest someone in a business. It's certainly not worse enough to warrant admin involvement. If a killer's choice of venue is stupid then let in character consequences play out and prove it. You don't stop moronic cops from attempting to arrest gangbangers in gang hoods - you let them get shot. There's no need for bureaucracy.

And just note how absurdly clunky and stilted this will make hits, as would-be gunmen are left hiding in club toilet cubicles while they wait for admin permissions to come through.

This is steadily regulating spontaneous roleplay out of existence.
horseman of the rpocalypse

#drew
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by #drew » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Excellent.
WHITE KNIGHTS MOTORCYCLE CLUB 2k15-17 <3
MICHAEL AMERO +Andrew Davidsons.
Retired LS:RP tester
Retired player, 2015-2017. :(

owen
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by owen » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:51 pm

Glad to see this coming into play, finally making some changes.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Konichiwa wrote:Looking good, although I got one question.

Regarding law enforcement not being allowed enter cafes/bars, is that strictly forbidden? Let's say for example I'm on duty on my Deputy account and want to grab a cup of coffee in the cafe/bar, would I be breaking the rules if I enter the club/bar?
This doesn't include cafes, of course. We're talking about nightclubs, strip clubs, alcohol-serving bars, etc. If a cop would like to visit a basic cafe (fast-food, etc, as listed) then that's no issue because that happens in real life.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:56 pm

Coup wrote:
Surreal wrote: 2. Shootings in businesses — if you want to shoot a player inside an establishment business (club, bar, restaurant) when it is open and occupied by players, you require admin permission. Businesses that are not open to the public, or "always open" (like fast-food outlets) are excluded from this rule and do not require admin permission.
Surreal wrote:2. Brawls/violent situations — should be avoided in open businesses unless heavily justified and role-played.
  • This is a notice/reminder and not a rule addition. Some players often engage in conflict when they go to a business, and find little-to-no-reason to start a fist-fight or armed conflict inside of an open business which disrupts the experience for everyone else when it is such a common occurrence.
These two points seem contradictory to me. More specific examples of when this is and isn't acceptable are needed to avoid confusion. If I enter a business with the intention of specifically hitting one guy over a time-sensitive matter (i.e. justified suspicion they are meeting with law enforcement / a rival organization) does that violate either of these rules, or does it fall under the same exceptions as IG Rule #7?

On the whole I'm ashamed LS-RP had to resort to putting more rules in place to prevent those that can't play nice from ruining the game for everybody else. It feels more like a step to the side than a leap forward.
I'll amend, that's meant to be "armed melee conflict" in that paragraph. And all you have to do for shooting permission is request admin permission on /re. It happens often, and is generally always voided and punished. Having that type of thing go on in the background disrupts role-play and derails everything for everyone. There needs to be a layer of moderation there to prevent the issue before it happens, whilst still giving players an option to let it happen. It should only happen in extreme situations where it is heavily justified and has to be a last-resort — I believe that shooting someone inside a crowded business is definitely not the first port of call for murder due to the ramifications for everyone else. If it's justified, you can clear it with administrators and it'll take a matter of seconds. Shootings have been generally barred in clubs/etc, but this is an official ruling to provide a proper server stance on shootings in clubs/etc.
Kipps wrote:
2. Shootings in businesses — if you want to shoot a player inside an establishment business (club, bar, restaurant) when it is open and occupied by players, you require admin permission.
Shooting a player in a business is no 'worse' in terms of shifting the focus of roleplay than sending in a SWAT team to arrest someone in a business. It's certainly not worse enough to warrant admin involvement. If a killer's choice of venue is stupid then let in character consequences play out and prove it. You don't stop moronic cops from attempting to arrest gangbangers in gang hoods - you let them get shot. There's no need for bureaucracy.

And just note how absurdly clunky and stilted this will make hits, as would-be gunmen are left hiding in club toilet cubicles while they wait for admin permissions to come through.

This is steadily regulating spontaneous roleplay out of existence.
As stated — shootings inside clubs were heavily discouraged and already generally admin voided/punished. This is an official standing which makes the server's stance clear, and gives you an outlet to gain permission for it. Feel free to send me any feedback once you've seen it work out in practice rather than before it's even an active rule.

Due to the amount of "conflict" people get into on the server, if "spontaneous role-play" for you is specifically shooting up clubs and ruining the entire night for everyone else and having the business cleared out every time then I'd question your role-play motives. We'll see how it works out — I'd say a solid 90% of people who shoot in clubs end up being voided and admin-jailed but, by then, the damage is already done and everyone's experience in the business has been tainted and disrupted whilst that is undone or sorted out. This level of moderation for such high-profile murders that effect a whole lot of people should hopefully only let the ones that would be allowed take place. As previously stated: these "shooters" should see killing infront of so many witnesses to be an extreme last-resort as opposed to other alternatives.

This thread isn't for discussion, though. That was the other thread that was open for weeks. As I said — see how it works in practice, and then let me know your feedback if you personally encounter issues (open to all).
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Return to “Announcements Archive”