Post by BasedMuffin » Thu May 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Is Oggy's SWAT skin good to use?

Golden.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Fat Boy

Re: Using unrealistic skins is bug abusing

Post by Golden. » Thu May 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Oh jeez. I'm just not going to use any skin mods incase I accidentally install one that might be out of place in some way or another.

drummerladd
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by drummerladd » Thu May 08, 2014 5:42 pm

BasedMuffin wrote:Is Oggy's SWAT skin good to use?
Should be, a lot of people use it. It would be easy to tell if a skin mod breaks this rule, basically it completely changes the build of the original skin, i.e. changing height, mass etc.

.:Zeus:.
The Gawd
The Gawd

Post by .:Zeus:. » Thu May 08, 2014 5:53 pm

The way SAMP is now the it does not matter the skint he person uses. Lag shooting was what this would be needed for since Person A had to hit person B on person B's screen, even if person A hit their body. The way it is now, if person A hit's the body of Person B, they are supposed to take damage. Whether person B gets hit on their screen or not. It's not perfect but that is how SAMP is. It goes off of the shooters client and when they hit the body, damage is done

Golden.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Fat Boy

Post by Golden. » Thu May 08, 2014 6:04 pm

.:Zeus:. wrote:The way SAMP is now the it does not matter the skint he person uses. Lag shooting was what this would be needed for since Person A had to hit person B on person B's screen, even if person A hit their body. The way it is now, if person A hit's the body of Person B, they are supposed to take damage. Whether person B gets hit on their screen or not. It's not perfect but that is how SAMP is. It goes off of the shooters client and when they hit the body, damage is done
Yeah but the bone that gets shot is up to the person who takes the damage's screen

.:Zeus:.
The Gawd
The Gawd

Post by .:Zeus:. » Thu May 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Still depends on the person who is shooting more because now it's even possible for me to shoot you and do damage but you don't get hit on your screen. If i shoot you in the leg on my screen, its a leg shot since my client would register you getting hit in the leg and it sends it as a leg shot.

Malzahar.
The Infamous Consigliere
The Infamous Consigliere

Post by Malzahar. » Thu May 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Best solution for this issue might be the next (possible?) huge project done by SA-MP team. What I am speaking of is sync of the skin player uses. That will make the RP much better, and in other way solve the issues we are going trough with this damage registering and skin abusing.

For example, I am using a fat Ballas skin and have some random fat mod on it, to other players I'll be displayed as that mod instead of the usual default skin. Next dude who uses fat Ballas skin as well, but has some other mod installed on it will be displayed as that mod he has instead of usual fat Ballas skin as well. It will also provide skin variety in the game, plus there will be no more need for those /ame descriptions players are using most of the time.
---
But yes, that is only the future and some sort of my own personal imagination. For now, we'll be careful with what we install into our games.

GiamPy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Drusila_Botello

Post by GiamPy » Thu May 08, 2014 7:38 pm

.:Zeus:. wrote:The way SAMP is now the it does not matter the skint he person uses. Lag shooting was what this would be needed for since Person A had to hit person B on person B's screen, even if person A hit their body. The way it is now, if person A hit's the body of Person B, they are supposed to take damage. Whether person B gets hit on their screen or not. It's not perfect but that is how SAMP is. It goes off of the shooters client and when they hit the body, damage is done
That's not how it works.

The server receives data from the client that receives damaged not from the client that deals damage.

It always works like that in everything for security reasons.

Joaquin_Garza
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Joaquin_Garza » Thu May 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Any skin that doesn't fit the default skin that's replacing is illegal, you should be fine.

OfficerCode3
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by OfficerCode3 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:44 pm

drummerladd wrote:
Should be, a lot of people use it. It would be easy to tell if a skin mod breaks this rule, basically it completely changes the build of the original skin, i.e. changing height, mass etc.
Well, just because a lot of people are using it, doesn't mean it's fine (I am not saying it is not!). I would suggest you ask Oggy or test it on your own.
šŸ”„

RETIRED LSRP TESTER

sentimental motherfucker
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by sentimental motherfucker » Thu May 08, 2014 8:13 pm

good thing I'm using only default models for my skins.

Burgoo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Mr. X.

Post by Burgoo » Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 pm

How do I know if a skin is out of proportion from the original model? Please, don't say "ask the skin creator," because I may not be able to get in touch with them.

At the moment, I'm using a mod on the Forelli skin. When I put on a bandana, a friend of mine said the bandana is in the skin's face, so he can tell I have a mod. Is this considered an "illegal" skin mod?

Frezemis
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jayden_Hastings

Post by Frezemis » Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Would there soon be a list made of approved Skin mods?

nitraM
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Sylvester_Triggs

Post by nitraM » Thu May 08, 2014 8:27 pm

You do realise Krisk is on the SAMP Beta Team and actually knows what hes talking about right. Your belief is 100% wrong.

DeadAccount
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by DeadAccount » Thu May 08, 2014 8:31 pm

PrinceOfThaWest wrote:Best solution for this issue might be the next (possible?) huge project done by SA-MP team. What I, aaking of is sync of the skin player uses. That will make the RP much better, and in other way solve the issues we are going trough with this damage registering and skin abusing.

For example, I am using a fat Ballas skin and have some random fat mod on it, to other players I'll be displayed as that mod instead of the usual default skin. Next dude who uses fat Ballas skin as well, but has some other mod installed on it will be displayed as that mod he has instead of usual fat Ballas skin as well. It will also provide skin variety in the game, plus there will be no more need for those /ame descriptions players are using most of the time.
---
But yes, that is only the future and some sort of my own personal imagination. For now, we'll be careful with what we install into our games.
That would be next to impossible with SAMP, you would have to download hundreds to thousands of skins everytime you started LSRP, and everytime you would be in the area of that skin, SAMP would crash because it has to install another mod for it.

That update is like communism; great in theory, but when it is attempted, shit goes down.

Return to ā€œAnnouncements Archiveā€