"I forgot my secret word."

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Samoel
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Alonzo Bulleviera

Re: "I forgot my secret word."

Post by Samoel » Sun May 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Gepan wrote:Read and understand this topic. I'm telling you this is important information....

Says the one who forgot his secret word :lol:

Aviv350
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Aviv350 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Meh. Sorry for being rude, but several weeks to handle a singel ticket? Really? Why?
The cake was a lie.

Mags
SLS XIII
SLS XIII

Post by Mags » Mon May 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Aviv350 wrote:Meh. Sorry for being rude, but several weeks to handle a singel ticket? Really? Why?

Because the handlers are human beings, just like you and me. Not robots.

Gepan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gepan » Mon May 07, 2012 5:10 pm

SteaGie wrote:
Aviv350 wrote:Meh. Sorry for being rude, but several weeks to handle a singel ticket? Really? Why?

Because the handlers are human beings, just like you and me. Not robots.

Couldn't of said it better myself. They have work to do and can't stop to handle each little stupid thing we do. Forgetting a your secret word like I did is one of them.
Gepan
"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dec » Mon May 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Unfortunately its not as easy to just type a command and change/reset it like you can with a password. A secret word is just that, there is no way anybody, not even an admin, can interfere/change it hence why it is such a secure way to keep hold of your account. The act of resetting it requires going into the userfiles and manually removing it - it's time consuming and only three people in this community can do it.

Jjonathan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: fk if i knew

Post by Jjonathan » Mon May 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Aight. /Tjocken. :)

Will.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Will. » Sat May 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Would it not make sense to allow another person to retrieve the information? Why does it have to be krisk?

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dec » Sun May 20, 2012 10:01 am

Will. wrote:Would it not make sense to allow another person to retrieve the information? Why does it have to be krisk?

That defies the point of the security feature in the first place.
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

Will.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Will. » Sun May 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Dec_Watson wrote:
Will. wrote:Would it not make sense to allow another person to retrieve the information? Why does it have to be krisk?

That defies the point of the security feature in the first place.

How so? If you have two developers/high ranked members of the community to keep tabs on the secret words, how is that negating their original purpose?

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dec » Sun May 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Oh, well as I said on the previous page, 3 people actually have access which are the management/developers you speak of. Mow, krisk and Damian. As you can appreciate, Mow isn't around a lot of the time either and when he is he is dealing with Donations (another thing where all donation related tickets can ONLY go to him) and as you can appreciate with Damian developing the script AND being head of Staff, his priorities are well and truely not available for doing this time consuming solution to someone being careless and forgetting one simple word.

At the end of the day, its not hard to remember one simple word. As I keep mentioning to people, you actually have the option to view it in game, so there is no reason why you cannot take the precaution of viewing it (/changesw) and then hitting F8 and screenshotting it. Forgotten it? Open up your screenshots folders and voila!
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

Will.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Will. » Sun May 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Dec_Watson wrote:Oh, well as I said on the previous page, 3 people actually have access which are the management/developers you speak of. Mow, krisk and Damian. As you can appreciate, Mow isn't around a lot of the time either and when he is he is dealing with Donations (another thing where all donation related tickets can ONLY go to him) and as you can appreciate with Damian developing the script AND being head of Staff, his priorities are well and truely not available for doing this time consuming solution to someone being careless and forgetting one simple word.

At the end of the day, its not hard to remember one simple word. As I keep mentioning to people, you actually have the option to view it in game, so there is no reason why you cannot take the precaution of viewing it (/changesw) and then hitting F8 and screenshotting it. Forgotten it? Open up your screenshots folders and voila!

I agree, you'd be stupid to lose the word, but I don't see why it's a problem to allow other staff besides Damian/Mow to help with retrieving forgotten words.

Jack_Gant
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Jack_Gant

Post by Jack_Gant » Wed May 30, 2012 2:10 am

This is ridiculous. I can't change my secret word because I can't get in game, and I can't change it online because of a MySQL error. :/

Masterjonboi

Post by Masterjonboi » Thu May 31, 2012 6:42 pm

i changed my laptop and all the stuff on my old one got wiped which had my secret word on :( now i cant get on to it

is there a way i can change it on the fourms or something

Pothead
ADHD is a way of life
ADHD is a way of life
Ingame name: Robert Pergler

Post by Pothead » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:54 am

As you've been told in the first page, main post. You post a support ticket for leads and krisk/Damian or Mow will take care of it but it may take a few weeks.

#iCuttah
SHM
SHM
Ingame name: Darrel_Quinton

Post by #iCuttah » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:34 am

Nice one.

Return to “Announcements Archive”