"The server keeps reconnecting"

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

redfield88
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Domonic_Grey

Re: "The server keeps reconnecting"

Post by redfield88 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:08 pm

I M STD wrote:Why isnt there any official info from the owners from 7 days..wtf is this?

There has been official notices about what's happening. Learn to look around before jumping to conclusions. There isn't much the admins / owner can do at this point. All we all can do is wait. Enjoy your frickin' summer people.

Stephano
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Joshua Cather

Post by Stephano » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 pm

redfield88 wrote:
I M STD wrote:Why isnt there any official info from the owners from 7 days..wtf is this?

There has been official notices about what's happening. Learn to look around before jumping to conclusions. There isn't much the admins / owner can do at this point. All we all can do is wait. Enjoy your frickin' summer people.

Where?

Thuggy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Thuggy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:58 pm

el_duderino wrote:Has anybody considered the fact that the DDoS issue may be relatively fine at the moment and their actually applying the July revision in these days we all think it's "down"? Read the headline on the website, quote "Updates planned throughout this week and next". If the server was still down and being attacked, we wouldn't be able to get on the website either. There was a point last week, I think it was either Tuesday or Wednesday (after the last big attack) when literally nothing LS-RP related would work. At one point even the forums wouldn't. The last time the website went a bit iffy was on Monday when, coincidentally, the server last got attacked after being up for all of about 10 minutes. "They" are clearly keeping the server off at this time for a reason other than it's still being attacked. They're either trying to reinforce the hell out of the server so it doesn't get attacked again (To which at this point I turn to the powers-that-be at LS-RP and tell them to buy some actual DDoS protection software with all that money they make), or they're updating/testing it for use with the July revision.

Nothing is fucked.

Wrong. Stop talking out of your ass and assuming you know everything. Spreading things like this is just unnecessary so keep it to yourself if you don't know what you're talking about.

Daniel_Hawk
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Idris Carter

Post by Daniel_Hawk » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Based Thuggy wrote:
el_duderino wrote:Has anybody considered the fact that the DDoS issue may be relatively fine at the moment and their actually applying the July revision in these days we all think it's "down"? Read the headline on the website, quote "Updates planned throughout this week and next". If the server was still down and being attacked, we wouldn't be able to get on the website either. There was a point last week, I think it was either Tuesday or Wednesday (after the last big attack) when literally nothing LS-RP related would work. At one point even the forums wouldn't. The last time the website went a bit iffy was on Monday when, coincidentally, the server last got attacked after being up for all of about 10 minutes. "They" are clearly keeping the server off at this time for a reason other than it's still being attacked. They're either trying to reinforce the hell out of the server so it doesn't get attacked again (To which at this point I turn to the powers-that-be at LS-RP and tell them to buy some actual DDoS protection software with all that money they make), or they're updating/testing it for use with the July revision.

Nothing is fucked.

Wrong. Stop talking out of your ass and assuming you know everything. Spreading things like this is just unnecessary so keep it to yourself if you don't know what you're talking about.

Yes lol.

1. You can easily focus a DDoS attack towards the server port, so it only hit the port, and if you got strong enough servers, the other parts of hosting wouldn't really be that much effected at all.
2. Why would they turn the server off when they can just put up a test server doh.
3. It would decrease the players on server if they just fooled around with it, + it already did a bit, since more players found friends on others, ofc because how big LSRP is the everyday player wont see the decrease.

frog2468
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Ted_Lambe

Post by frog2468 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Guys this topic was not created for this discussion.... Why dont you move it to General Discussion? This is to help people if their client is reconnecting, so move to the general discussion.... Problem solved ;)

el_duderino
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Dominic Castillo

Post by el_duderino » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:12 am

Whatever. That's just like, your opinion. I resent your implications and all that. I've said my piece, you've all said yours. What else is there to it? Didn't think I'd be kicking up such a hornet's nest. I was trying to do you all a favour by talking out of my "ass"; it's the only language any of you seem to understand.

robbery
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by robbery » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:41 am

frog2468 wrote:Guys this topic was not created for this discussion.... Why dont you move it to General Discussion? This is to help people if their client is reconnecting, so move to the general discussion.... Problem solved ;)

Based Thuggy wrote:Christ, how do you manage to derail a thread so much? Is it really that hard to stay on-topic without spamming the thread with stupid bullshit? Anyone found derailing the thread will receive a warning, furthermore a ban if you keep on going.

This goes out to all the people the last two/three pages.

Redman. wrote:I am going to start banning people from this point on. Post something abso-friggen-lutely dumb and asinine? Out you go.

Marcus. wrote:You all are entirely misusing this thread here, either you stop it right now or we will take actions against you. This thread was not created to debate over the most recent DDos attacks nor was it intended to be one for this matter.

It was created to clear up the issues of people getting the message that their client is trying to re-connect all the time. Thank you.

Birdman! wrote:It's under DDoS attack once again, just to let you know. No need to spam.

codgoblin wrote:Don't post shit like "oh the server off again" or things like that, This is a helping thread not a crying thread..

How many more times do people have to tell you this is for people's problems connecting and not to debate about the DDoS? Take this elsewhere, for real.

Isn't it enough that Redman listed all these people who were punished? You guys seem pretty eager to get added on to the list.

•Asset warned/banned for 6warnings/2wks
•Pumkin warned/banned for being a moron
•nelsondx warned for an absolutely useless spam post
•codgoblin warned for another absolutely useless spam post
•Slake warned
•Merca warned/banned for being another moron
•IwzzMccall warned for yet another abso-god-damned-useless post.
•Tazzy warned for another useless post
•Eleanor K warned for ANOTHER useless post
•emyy15 warned. Should I say why?

Orel_Vaizman

Post by Orel_Vaizman » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:30 pm

I have that problem, I tried contacting iGo but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do..

Mags
SLS XIII
SLS XIII

Post by Mags » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Orel_Vaizman wrote:I have that problem, I tried contacting iGo but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do..

Re-add the server IP; server.ls-rp.com:7777, as it recently went up once again.

Lessie'
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lessie' » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Any ETA on the UCP?

Jason_Tolmie

Post by Jason_Tolmie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:40 pm

whats happened to server

cripnigga
Mafia
Mafia

Post by cripnigga » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Server just shut off, again. Now we just wait and see, no use bitching anymore so I'ma just say fuck it and wait it out.

Lessie'
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lessie' » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm sure it'll be up soon again for another day like it was yesterday.

Collins
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Jesse Collins

Post by Collins » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:17 pm

This isn't a thread to argue on, locking to prevent further abuse.
Collins

Management

Return to “Announcements Archive”