Shot Caller 2017 Movie

Discuss the latest episode, upcoming movies, or whatever is on the tube. Heightened spoiler rules apply here!

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Sisca
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Re: Shot Caller 2017 Movie

Post by Sisca » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:53 am

quezd wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:27 am
dablo wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:24 am
Stucc wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:22 pm
The ending was kinda stupid, idk why would someone give his guns up and continue to lead the gang?
Those are money to to potentionally feed his family
This is exactly what i thought. He wanted to be leader of gang instead of living good life with family... stupid ass move over there.
I just want to start this off by saying thanks for actually making a thread on this movie, I didn't watch it till today.

For those who think that it was a stupid move, it wasn't. You want to be a rat or a man with honor? He was following a code as a aryan brotherhood member. If he did not follow the code, his family would have died. He was honest with himself, he wanted Joshua and Kathryn to move on with their lifes because he was to deep into the aryan lifestyle. Rewatch the movie if you still not understanding.
He broke general gang code of any type by snitching out the gun deal.

Then he killed the state's shotcaller without the OK from /ANYONE/.

Realistically he would be greenlit

Unless the rest of the top AB members in the state hated him, which if they did, he wouldn't have been a shotcaller for as long as he was.
Family Wood Gangsters

King Ghali
Senior Forum Moderator
Senior Forum Moderator

Post by King Ghali » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:56 am

He did it for his family, so it wasn’t a stupid move. This was a Aryan leader, threatening his family and could make it happen. So he decided his first priority was to protect his family over anything else. By taking out the leader, he replaced him and chose to sacrifice his entire life behind bars and run the Aryans there in order to keep his family moving on and forgetting about him. That is to me, a brave move.
most of these niggaz be bitches too, but u dont hear that side of the story
Hmage

quezd
Mafia
Mafia

Post by quezd » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:06 am

Sisca wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:53 am
quezd wrote:
dablo wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:24 am

This is exactly what i thought. He wanted to be leader of gang instead of living good life with family... stupid ass move over there.
I just want to start this off by saying thanks for actually making a thread on this movie, I didn't watch it till today.

For those who think that it was a stupid move, it wasn't. You want to be a rat or a man with honor? He was following a code as a aryan brotherhood member. If he did not follow the code, his family would have died. He was honest with himself, he wanted Joshua and Kathryn to move on with their lifes because he was to deep into the aryan lifestyle. Rewatch the movie if you still not understanding.

Unless the rest of the top AB members in the state hated him, which if they did, he wouldn't have been a shotcaller for as long as he was.
Rest of the aryan's ain't know. That's why the guard went to get him, so he can go speak with the counselor who was the head honcho. The film overall was realistic, and he technically didn't snitch. It was Shotgun who was going to spoil the deal anyway because he was working with Money Man's parole officers..

Edit: Only part, he kinda did snitch was the rest of the guns that guy had hidden. At the end of the day, shotgun was the rat. But moral of the story, a innocent man can go to prison and instead of prison rehabilitating someone back into society it turns their head out. You can turn from innocent to a real gangster. You going to be a warrior or a victim.
Imma slide on you while you on the porch..
I'mma show you I'm wit it..I'm wit it..

Zenophobia
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Dozer

Post by Zenophobia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:21 pm

quezd wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:06 am
Sisca wrote:
quezd wrote:

Rest of the aryan's ain't know. That's why the guard went to get him, so he can go speak with the counselor who was the head honcho. The film overall was realistic, and he technically didn't snitch. It was Shotgun who was going to spoil the deal anyway because he was working with Money Man's parole officers..

Edit: Only part, he kinda did snitch was the rest of the guns that guy had hidden. At the end of the day, shotgun was the rat. But moral of the story, a innocent man can go to prison and instead of prison rehabilitating someone back into society it turns their head out. You can turn from innocent to a real gangster. You going to be a warrior or a victim.
Alright, I'll break down the reason the ending was bad.
The Aryan Brotherhood in California is run by a council. There is not one man who is "leading" the AB. Realistically, The Beast would not have had that meeting with Money without letting any other member of the Aryan Brotherhood know that Money had ratted.
Then, Money killed a member of the AB council without an okay from the AB council. There's not a chance that they wouldn't know about it, since in the movie Money tells the guard "Put down in your report that it was self defense." Self defense or not it would be taken to trial, and even if it wasn't taken to trial, that would stay in his disciplinary record. The other members of the AB would have found out about it and Money would have been greenlit.
All that being said, most of the movie was fine. The ending sucked.
Sometimes the answer is violence and the scum of the earth'll get silenced but the justice system sees us as one and the same.

Stucc
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Not playing at the moment

Post by Stucc » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Don't get me wrong, all of the movie was great, even the ending.
I won't say that the ending sucked, it just had little mistakes.
It really was a dope movie

quezd
Mafia
Mafia

Post by quezd » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:49 am

Zenophobia wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:21 pm
quezd wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:06 am
Sisca wrote:

Alright, I'll break down the reason the ending was bad.
The Aryan Brotherhood in California is run by a council. There is not one man who is "leading" the AB. Realistically, The Beast would not have had that meeting with Money without letting any other member of the Aryan Brotherhood know that Money had ratted.
Then, Money killed a member of the AB council without an okay from the AB council. There's not a chance that they wouldn't know about it, since in the movie Money tells the guard "Put down in your report that it was self defense." Self defense or not it would be taken to trial, and even if it wasn't taken to trial, that would stay in his disciplinary record. The other members of the AB would have found out about it and Money would have been greenlit.
All that being said, most of the movie was fine. The ending sucked.
True, agreed now that you broke it down.
Imma slide on you while you on the porch..
I'mma show you I'm wit it..I'm wit it..

Sneaker
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: TREY M

Post by Sneaker » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Man, this thread just reminded me to watch this. Everyone that's told me about it says it's a good watch regardless.
Hmage
INACTIVE || PLAY FOR FUN || JACKERS GALLERY http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=470796

Return to “Movies / Television”