Dragon Ball Super hype thread

Discuss the latest episode, upcoming movies, or whatever is on the tube. Heightened spoiler rules apply here!

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

SGary
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Aye

Dragon Ball Super hype thread

Post by SGary » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:13 pm

This is mainly a thread based on Dragon Ball Super and the new episodes, but can also be used for any other DBS/DBZ/DB/DBGT discussion you guys may have.

Anyways, hyping over DBS Episode 100 here. Think a lot of shit is going to go down and I really hope Master Roshi wins the ToP. Oh yeah, Kale apparently isn't getting knocked out this episode though we will see Jiren's power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Dc6e2W5wI
Disregard women, acquire currency. - Cressman 2015

Grandmaster Astro
Over 9000
Over 9000
Ingame name: Yeet

Re: Dragon Ball Super hype thread

Post by Grandmaster Astro » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:44 am

Let me guess, you and I are the only ones interested in this? DBS is lit, waiting for Episode 101!
Randal Johnson - Ex-Superintendent of Los Santos High School.
Tavien Simmons - Ex-FD Lieutenant; Ex-SADOC; Boxing Instructor.
Wanderlei Knyphausen - Tophat Man.

SGary
Mafia
Mafia

Post by SGary » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:53 am

Grandmaster Astro wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:44 am
Let me guess, you and I are the only ones interested in this? DBS is lit, waiting for Episode 101!
I'm just glad there are other people out here, trying to convince a friend of mine who plays too, haha. Anyways, I really loved 100, it had a bit of everything, from tension to basically epic-ness lol. Though I'm kind of disappointed in SSGSS Goku Kamahameha not being able to stop SSB Kale.

Hoping for some more Cabba vs Vegeta next episode though.

Grandmaster Astro
Over 9000
Over 9000
Ingame name: Yeet

Post by Grandmaster Astro » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:00 am

Unless Cabba pulls out a new transformation, he stands no chance against Vegeta. I was disappointed too, almost made me quit watching Dragon Ball Super! The show is too addictive to stop watching though. I have a theory on why it didn't do much. Goku was surpressing his power, to save energy for the rest of the fight. If he went all out, he would've been drained and wouldn't last too long.

But if he wasn't holding back, and Jiren can one shot her... That means Jiren is way stronger than Kale AND Goku. He better aaspull another transformation. Saiyans vs U11 next!
Randal Johnson - Ex-Superintendent of Los Santos High School.
Tavien Simmons - Ex-FD Lieutenant; Ex-SADOC; Boxing Instructor.
Wanderlei Knyphausen - Tophat Man.

SGary
Mafia
Mafia

Post by SGary » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Grandmaster Astro wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:00 am
Unless Cabba pulls out a new transformation, he stands no chance against Vegeta. I was disappointed too, almost made me quit watching Dragon Ball Super! The show is too addictive to stop watching though. I have a theory on why it didn't do much. Goku was surpressing his power, to save energy for the rest of the fight. If he went all out, he would've been drained and wouldn't last too long.

But if he wasn't holding back, and Jiren can one shot her... That means Jiren is way stronger than Kale AND Goku. He better aaspull another transformation. Saiyans vs U11 next!
Yeah, I noticed Goku didn't even get scratched when he got thrown around by Kale, I'm just taking a guess he was heavilly surpressing his PL.

I just really wish Cabba got SSJ2 instead of Caulifla, but either way, he would stand no chance against Vegeta, not only because of SSJB/SSGSS, but also because base form Vegeta/SSJ1/2/G is stronger than Goku without Kaio-Ken. I'm really hyped for the next episode though, wondering if Jiren will get mad after Kahseral etc get whooped, which I think is very, very, very likely.

SGary
Mafia
Mafia

Post by SGary » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:53 pm

I'm a bit late, but this episode was fun and hype as fuck. I really enjoyed every part, but honestly it's sad how the Pride Troopers just got blasted after being hyped up so much.

SGary
Mafia
Mafia

Post by SGary » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:52 pm

I really hope we get to see another Universe erased.

Android 17 did some real good in the tournament so far, I think he's tied with Vegeta for most eliminations now.

Tfw Ribrianne is so ugly Vegeta instinctively dodged her instead of just straight-up knocking her out of bounds.

Angelo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Angelo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Never really been fan of cartoons and therefor I am always skeptical on these types. I want to get convinced to be honest, so are there any reasons why I should watch this? I am not really into so much comedy or childish shit, I prefer serious entertainment. However, ofc some funny shit happens everywhere and naturally thats cool. So whats up with this series? I remember watching some when I was a kid, but forgot all about it.
I'm the author of my life, but unfortunately I’m writing in pen, and I can’t erase my mistakes.

SGary
Mafia
Mafia

Post by SGary » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Angelo wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:33 pm
Never really been fan of cartoons and therefor I am always skeptical on these types. I want to get convinced to be honest, so are there any reasons why I should watch this? I am not really into so much comedy or childish shit, I prefer serious entertainment. However, ofc some funny shit happens everywhere and naturally thats cool. So whats up with this series? I remember watching some when I was a kid, but forgot all about it.
Basically it's Akira Toriyama(Creator of the original series) making a comeback with a new Dragon Ball series, 'Dragon Ball Super'. Dragon Ball Super takes place inbetween the last episode of Z, just before the 10 year time-skip were Goku went to train with Uub. Dragon Ball Super is mostly a combination of Dragon Ball's humour and Dragon Ball Z's action packed battles. It's a great series, I personally hate anime's as I'm anti-weeb, but hell, I always stay up till 6 AM just to see the new episode with subtitles.

SGary
Mafia
Mafia

Post by SGary » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Just in-case anyone wonders, I still think SSGSS > SSG, but you just keep the speed from SSGSS without draining too much stamina. It's also very interesting learning the best way to counter Hit's Time-Skip is just plain speed over power.

Return to “Movies / Television”