13 Reasons Why

Discuss the latest episode, upcoming movies, or whatever is on the tube. Heightened spoiler rules apply here!

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

13 Reasons Why

Post by Chanel » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:18 am

A controversial television series about a girl called Hannah Baker killing herself and releasing tapes just before her death. There are 13 tapes and those tapes feature the reasons why she had did it.

I've seen all 13 episodes of the series and was somewhat amazed but disappointed that the show has got overrated hype on social platforms. Any thoughts?

I recommend if you do not have triggers as the show does get graphic on the self harm aspect of the show.

Nori
Mafia
Mafia

Re: 13 Reasons Why

Post by Nori » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:41 pm

I watched the pilot, it was OK for my taste however I haven't thought about watching the rest. Will see.

Zupps
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Ingame name: You already know

Post by Zupps » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:33 pm

Finished it now. It was very slow paced TBH. I got kinda angry because of how slow it was. If they do make a follow up seasons it's gonna be short as Hannah only made those 13.

I would only recommend it if you have patience.

mosby
Mafia
Mafia

Post by mosby » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:57 pm

It's a pretty good show but I suggest you binge watch it, otherwise it will feel really slow. I also found it quite cliché-ridden.
If I did have a tumor, I'd name it Marla.

Jack Scirea
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Jack Scirea » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:22 pm

This show has me absolutely blown away. Absolute perfect portrayal of teenage life and how hard it can be, and no it didn't get any overrated hype, simply because it's one of the best series ever to be created in the history of mankind. I suggest you all to watch it, simply not because it's great but it's also a great portrayal of real teen life. Not none of that fake shit.
Trendsetting Since The Beginning

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

Post by Chanel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Jack Scirea wrote:This show has me absolutely blown away. Absolute perfect portrayal of teenage life and how hard it can be, and no it didn't get any overrated hype, simply because it's one of the best series ever to be created in the history of mankind. I suggest you all to watch it, simply not because it's great but it's also a great portrayal of real teen life. Not none of that fake shit.
Do you think they should have featured the suicide on screen? Just wondering :roll:

Jack Scirea
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Jack Scirea » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 am

Chanel wrote:
Jack Scirea wrote:This show has me absolutely blown away. Absolute perfect portrayal of teenage life and how hard it can be, and no it didn't get any overrated hype, simply because it's one of the best series ever to be created in the history of mankind. I suggest you all to watch it, simply not because it's great but it's also a great portrayal of real teen life. Not none of that fake shit.
Do you think they should have featured the suicide on screen? Just wondering :roll:
If you have watched any interviews with the cast they say that they want the show to be as real as possible. I think suicide isn't a thing to joke about and they were trying to raise awareness.

Goumada
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Lola Zee

Post by Goumada » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:16 am

The suicide scene was beyond graphic and unnecessary. Mental health charities warned the producers to not air it but they ignored them and aired it anyway, and since then, suicide helplines have been jam packed with people referencing 13RW. Hannah overdosed in the book but slit her wrists in the series, why did they change it? Was it for the dramatic effect or what?

I did see all of the episodes but it was so uncomfortable to watch. I think it could've been done a lot better.

Jack Scirea
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Jack Scirea » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 am

I don't really know why they put the scene in there but from the interviews I've seen they said they wanted the show to be very real. Not the usual teen series you would see, where there are no cussing and no graphic scenes. In the end though we see Tyler take down Alex's picture and a lot of people are theorizing that he's planning a school shooting since he was always a outcast and bullied throughout the school year.

Phenomz
GNAG
GNAG
Ingame name: Jack McCurdy

Post by Phenomz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Yeah, I think Tyler killed Alex.. him hiding a gun and taking his picture off. But Alex stopped Monty when he was bullying Tyler..
McCurdy Accessories
Jack McCurdy: show

Jack Scirea
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Jack Scirea » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:44 pm

Yeah. I'm also thinking that Tyler shot Alex, but the shot wasn't deadly imo because when he's in the ambulance you can hear the doctors say that he's barely alive. I think there's gonna be a season 2 since there was a lot more to add on and considering that it was in the future, if you noticed on the tapes it said November of 2017, I don't exactly remember the dates. I'm thinking that season 2 will either show us more of Clay helping Skye out & Tyler & circa or the past in a more eloquent way.

Phenomz
GNAG
GNAG
Ingame name: Jack McCurdy

Post by Phenomz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:26 am

Jack Scirea wrote:Yeah. I'm also thinking that Tyler shot Alex, but the shot wasn't deadly imo because when he's in the ambulance you can hear the doctors say that he's barely alive. I think there's gonna be a season 2 since there was a lot more to add on and considering that it was in the future, if you noticed on the tapes it said November of 2017, I don't exactly remember the dates. I'm thinking that season 2 will either show us more of Clay helping Skye out & Tyler & circa or the past in a more eloquent way.
Yeah I agree the recordings said Nov 17 8 am and so and they still have to show what Clay said to the recordings or what happens to Bryce. And to be honest Sheri is better than Skye
McCurdy Accessories
Jack McCurdy: show

Jack Scirea
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Jack Scirea » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:32 am

With looks indeed. Sheri cute as fuck, but Clay saw what Skye was going through and didn't want her to end up the same way that Hannah did. You remember when Clay grabbed Skye's wrist and saw cuts? Skye told Clay that suicide was weak and Clay left Monet's pretty upset. I read some theories about that and if I find it I'll make sure to drop it here.

What do you guys think though, will there be a season 2 or not? I'm hoping that there will be a season 2 because this show has me completely awestruck. And if there is a second season what do you guys think that it will be about?

Also, remember when Sheri knocked over that stop sign? It ended up in Jeff dying in a car accident and she has been trying to cover it up ever since. I think in the last episode Clay goes to Jeff's parents and tells them how the stop sign was knocked over but I don't think he mentions Sheri's name. But If I remember correctly Sheri confesses to knocking the stop sign over, I'm not completely sure though. And what are the chances of her ending up in prison for manslaughter? I also wanna see Bryce end up in jail for rape because that scene hit me hard.

Also I mentioned them going in the past, if it is possible what could the scenes be like? We saw a lot of flashbacks in the series so I'm still confused with that part, I was watching one of Jeff Atkins (Brandon Larracuente)'s interview and he said that it'd be possible for them to go back in the past and shoot more of Clay's and his bond developing but we'll have to wait and see. :evil: :evil:

Half Breed
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Half Breed » Sun May 07, 2017 6:22 pm

SEASON 2 CONFIRMEED !!!!! YES
And So, The Dead Became Alive

xdrime
Gangster
Gangster

Post by xdrime » Sun May 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Wtached the trailer only and i do agree that it was and still being overrated on the social medias and that's why im not planning to watch it.

Return to “Movies / Television”