The Sopranos

Discuss the latest episode, upcoming movies, or whatever is on the tube. Heightened spoiler rules apply here!

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

HypnoSe
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Re: The Sopranos

Post by HypnoSe » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Stuck at season 5, not sure if I should watch the season 6 now or in the next month.
Yes, I did abuse my admin. Teleported from cars to places, from places to cars and whatnot, however I've never hurt anybody's experience on the server and if you think otherwise you're wrong. I'm not coming back, you can find me if you need me for anything.

Chop.
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Chop. » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:38 am

I just finished this series for the 2nd time.

Final Episode
Spoiler: show
I'm still not convinced that Tony is dead. It seems more likely to me that he was picked up by the feds after Carlo ratted. The war with New York was over. Why would he be killed?
Chighanistan

KalleNz0r
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by KalleNz0r » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:06 am

KalleNz0r wrote:Bumpin' this tread a bit. :lol:
Downloaded the first season few days ago and it's almost gone, three episodes more.
Then going to download next season, found some really cool torrent uploader for all seasons, got'em all saved. :D

Huh, got stuck at the mid of 3rd season, last time I watched it was month or so ago, I must wake up again. :D

Guido John
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Guido John » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:13 am

I can never watch it again. I've watched it around seven times, give or take. The Sopranos will hold a special place in my heart, the best series I've ever watched. The wire is a close second (haven't finished it yet).

For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: hunt or be hunted.

Alexio.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Alexio. » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Chop. wrote:I just finished this series for the 2nd time.

Final Episode
I'm still not convinced that Tony is dead. It seems more likely to me that he was picked up by the feds after Carlo ratted. The war with New York was over. Why would he be killed?

He got killed by Butch, how would it look if Butch let Jersey kill the boss and get away with it? Both infront of his own troops and the commision.

Chop.
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Chop. » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Alexio. wrote:
He got killed by Butch, how would it look if Butch let Jersey kill the boss and get away with it? Both infront of his own troops and the commision.

He made a deal with Butch. They had all agreed that Phil was a bad leader and needed to go. The only reason I could see for Butch killing Tony is that he stuck a gun in his face and beat CoCo nearly to death. I still think it's just as likely that he was picked up by the feds because his lawyer told him that there was a 90% chance that he was going to be indicted.
Chighanistan

Harmonica
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Harmonica » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Something occured that stopped Tony's tracks. For all we know he had a heart attack. The series is foremost character study of the modern American mobster. Since the ending wasn't symbolic and didn't carry any larger narrative than the personal one Tony had with his family, it is only obvious that Tony died right there. The end of the story ends with Tony Soprano because the story is about Tony Soprano. Had he hypothetically been killed or died earlier in the series the series wouldn't have continued because the series is about Tony.

Chop.
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Chop. » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Harmonica wrote:Something occured that stopped Tony's tracks. For all we know he had a heart attack. The series is foremost character study of the modern American mobster. Since the ending wasn't symbolic and didn't carry any larger narrative than the personal one Tony had with his family, it is only obvious that Tony died right there. The end of the story ends with Tony Soprano because the story is about Tony Soprano. Had he hypothetically been killed or died earlier in the series the series wouldn't have continued because the series is about Tony.

I completely disagree. The reason they made the ending that way was so that the viewer could decide what happened in the end. He could have been killed by New York, had a heart attack, been arrested, we will never know. I personally think that he was arrested and indicted. Think about it. The three highest up in the New Jersey Family all met their end in separate ways. Bobby was shot to death, Silvio in a coma, and Tony arrested and most likely imprisoned for life or a lengthy period of time. Tony's death has never been confirmed, even by David chase.
Chighanistan

Alexio.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Alexio. » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:51 am

Chop. wrote:
Alexio. wrote:

He made a deal with Butch. They had all agreed that Phil was a bad leader and needed to go. The only reason I could see for Butch killing Tony is that he stuck a gun in his face and beat CoCo nearly to death. I still think it's just as likely that he was picked up by the feds because his lawyer told him that there was a 90% chance that he was going to be indicted.

A deal? Do you think Butch cared about that? Butch had to kill Tony after he killed Phil or other wise he would look weak and like a traitor. It's not like the rest of the Jersey family can hit back because they got no leader and almost all their top ranking guys are dead.

Zeksi
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Zeksi » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:04 pm

watched it 2 times and fav char cristopher /me smile

Hec
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Bardley Harris

Post by Hec » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:55 pm

I'm stuck at season 3-4 I forgot.. the site I was watching the episodes stopped working for me.

Chop.
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Chop. » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:23 am

Chighanistan

Giovanni DiCopizzi
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Giovanni DiCopizzi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:35 pm

Alexio. wrote:
Chop. wrote:
Alexio. wrote:

A deal? Do you think Butch cared about that? Butch had to kill Tony after he killed Phil or other wise he would look weak and like a traitor. It's not like the rest of the Jersey family can hit back because they got no leader and almost all their top ranking guys are dead.

Well, the argument all 3 of you have said are all good answers, but no one will ever be sure unless HBO comes out and says. More than likely though, Butch did it for reputation, and so he could. Also, the whole "deal" that was made, has anyone thought it over that it was secretly a small plot by a newer generation of mobsters looking to take over the Lupertazzi Family, and they had a perfect opening to do so. And once they did, the took the opportunity to kill off the other people (Tony) that could be a threat to their future.

BMTH
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Laz

Post by BMTH » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:55 am

Schmuck
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Schmuck » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:28 pm

tony's dead. the final scene and how it kept on changing from different POVs isn't too complex to understand. david chase came out and said that tony was still alive after gandolfini died which was a nice thing to do since although gandolfini is dead at least tony soprano, the best character he ever portrayed, lives on. once you understand the various cinematography techniques used in the final scene and the pattern that continued throughout the final scene, you'll notice that the only possible explanation is that tony died.
jack caine, charles calamia

Return to “Movies / Television”