[IG] 11 - Scamming/Robbery rules

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Darius94
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Re: [IG] 11 - Scamming/Robbery rules

Post by Darius94 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Tomer!.$ wrote:The original post says that if you were scammed, you are allowed to rob the person who scammed you and get the money back.
However, what if someone robbed you, or just stole your money in some way. Are you allowed to take your money back from him even if it exceeds $500?

For example, someone scammed you for $8,000, you are allowed to take your $8,000 back.
Retired LS:RP Tester

Community Thread

Samoel
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Alonzo Bulleviera

Post by Samoel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Tomer!.$ wrote:The original post says that if you were scammed, you are allowed to rob the person who scammed you and get the money back.
However, what if someone robbed you, or just stole your money in some way. Are you allowed to take your money back from him even if it exceeds $500?

Yes, as long as it's no more than the amount of money you were scammed for.

Semper
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Semper » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Robbery limit is $500 so no one can't rob more than that.
If someone robs drugs or guns off you you're allowed to rob that back but you can't convert that in money.

Rowles
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Robert_Faulkner

Post by Rowles » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:58 pm

If player X loans out $5,000 to player B and player B doesn't repay him after several warnings, is player X allowed to rob it back from player B by however much B has on hand? (Of course they'd only take back the amount they're owed, not all of player B's money.)
Robert Faulkner

Sanjrani.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sanjrani. » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Rowles wrote:If player X loans out $5,000 to player B and player B doesn't repay him after several warnings, is player X allowed to rob it back from player B by however much B has on hand? (Of course they'd only take back the amount they're owed, not all of player B's money.)

If you have been scammed, you are allowed to rob your money back even if it's more than $500.

Jraw98
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Javares Walker

Post by Jraw98 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Shawnhart wrote:I don't think the 'you can't kill the person you rob unless he provokes you' rule is good, if you find a rival gang member you'd probably want to rob and kill them, or any other similiar reason, it needs to be changed.

I always wondered if you can rob a dead person, like for example you get into a heated argument with the other player, the argument escalates and you pull out your gun and shoot the other player, then afterwards you rob them. So I was wondering if this would be allowed?

Delanto
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jonathan_Delanto

Post by Delanto » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Jraw98 wrote:
Shawnhart wrote:I don't think the 'you can't kill the person you rob unless he provokes you' rule is good, if you find a rival gang member you'd probably want to rob and kill them, or any other similiar reason, it needs to be changed.

I always wondered if you can rob a dead person, like for example you get into a heated argument with the other player, the argument escalates and you pull out your gun and shoot the other player, then afterwards you rob them. So I was wondering if this would be allowed?

This could easily be abused as a go-around for the "no killing after robbery" rule as people could just kill someone and then rob them all the time, making the rule pretty pointless.
clown money made mafia - don clown j. delanto
hiring consigliclown

Kaasblokje
Cheeseblock
Cheeseblock

Post by Kaasblokje » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:23 am

Delanto wrote:
Jraw98 wrote:

This could easily be abused as a go-around for the "no killing after robbery" rule as people could just kill someone and then rob them all the time, making the rule pretty pointless.

But wouldn't that be punishable as 'poor reason to kill' ?

Chefboy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Chefboy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:27 am

Kaasblokje wrote:But wouldn't that be punishable as 'poor reason to kill' ?

Exactly. Unless they have a good reason to kill, they'll get reported and a-jailed.
You Hate To See It.

TheLegitHabibi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TheLegitHabibi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:38 am

If 4 guys rob me together, do I have to give them $500 per person or just $500 in total.

In was in belief that in have to give $500 total but I got in an argument recently. 4 robbers demanded I give them $500 each.

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dec » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:09 am

James Collin wrote:If 4 guys rob me together, do I have to give them $500 per person or just $500 in total.

In was in belief that in have to give $500 total but I got in an argument recently. 4 robbers demanded I give them $500 each.

It's $500 in total, so $125 each.
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

Shinobi
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Shinobi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:48 am

500$ is a joke. Why not increase it to 2k? or at least 1k. I mean you risk getting busted and loosing your knife/sidearm just for 500$. 500$ in game is nothing nowdays.
William Bonfanti

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dec » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:51 am

Cause this is a game for roleplaying, not a game to go round pointing your guns at everyone to get their e-monies.
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

Shinobi
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Shinobi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:56 am

Dec wrote:Cause this is a game for roleplaying, not a game to go round pointing your guns at everyone to get their e-monies.

So robbing someone eliminates any possibility for roleplay? That doesnt make any sense at all. If you just aim your gun and rob someone non-rply you just report the player. In addition e-money is an important aspect of the game. For example if you are roleplaying a mobster or even a gang member you must kick a percentage of your earnings to your higher ranking members, so making money is very important. Robbing someone for 500$ is pure nonsense. The limit should be increased or at least doubled.
William Bonfanti

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman

Post by Mmartin » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:00 am

There's far too many robberies happening around LS. The limit is down also for the reason so it doesn't become the single occupation on the server. People who want to roleplay robbing others and do it merely for that same purpose, don't really care too much about how many $$$ they're gonna profit from it. Increasing the pay increases the demand. And we don't need chain robberies.

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”