[IG] 9 - Offensive roleplay

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

[IG] 9 - Offensive roleplay

Post by Dec » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Use this thread to post any sensible questions, comments, suggestions or ideas about this rule. We will endeavour to clarify anything which you may be uncertain about.

9. Roleplay that can cause offense to those around you, including sexual harassment and forcing any of the below types of roleplay onto someone without an OOC agreement between both sides is strictly NOT allowed.
    Unless prior OOC agreement is given by all parties involved, the following is strictly forbidden on this server:
    • Rape
    • Pedophilia
    • Bestiality
    • Necrophilia
    • Sexual harassment (forcing any type of sexual roleplay onto another person or touching their characters inappropriately)

If prior OOC permission is given by all parties involved, the roleplay must happen away from anybody else where it will not be visible to others and also will not potentially be interupted by others accidently. Subjecting others to see this type of roleplay by roleplaying in an area where you are likely to be seen is included in this rule.
    Punishments:
    • Permanent Ban
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

Daisuke_Niigata
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: DM

Re: [IG] 9 - Offensive roleplay

Post by Daisuke_Niigata » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:07 am

So what about in a torture scenario, is one allowed to somewhat damage/kick the anal region or the crotch of one person. I believe it makes for much more realistic roleplay than just the whole /me swings his hammer onto your kneecap. And it's not anything that offensive really, /me looks towards Daniel with a wide smile on his face as he then deals a number of kicks towards his exposed crotch.

Young
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Mark_Young

Post by Young » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:24 am

Daisuke_Niigata wrote:So what about in a torture scenario, is one allowed to somewhat damage/kick the anal region or the crotch of one person. I believe it makes for much more realistic roleplay than just the whole /me swings his hammer onto your kneecap. And it's not anything that offensive really, /me looks towards Daniel with a wide smile on his face as he then deals a number of kicks towards his exposed crotch.

You should ask prior to engaging in any activities that involve private body parts, as your actions may offend the other party.

‹iлsθmnιάc›
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ‹iлsθmnιάc› » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:52 pm

I think sexual harassment shouldn't have anything to do with torturing someone by doing painful stuff to their private parts.. As Daisuke said.
[divbox=#FFFFFF]Image[/divbox]

Jonesy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Jonesy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 am

‹iлsθmnιάc› wrote:I think sexual harassment shouldn't have anything to do with torturing someone by doing painful stuff to their private parts.. As Daisuke said.

A boot to the groin is different than a grab and a twist. I'm pretty sure it's all about best judgement. And about your torture scenario, if the roleplayer is worth the time to do torture roleplay with, they're gonna' consent to most things that'll happen to their character. Usually it's better to err on the side of caution when on these sensitive topics.

William_Varacelli
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by William_Varacelli » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:32 pm

As for torture or just sick violence, ask beforehand if you want to ensure they'll be alright with it. Although it's never been stated on an official rule I've always had it as a personal rule just in-case the person doesn't go well with reading and maybe imagining the sick violence or torture (such as biting their ear off or torturing them with cutting, and that). Just be friendly.

Stottlemeyer
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Stottlemeyer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:49 pm

William_Varacelli wrote:As for torture or just sick violence, ask beforehand if you want to ensure they'll be alright with it. Although it's never been stated on an official rule I've always had it as a personal rule just in-case the person doesn't go well with reading and maybe imagining the sick violence or torture (such as biting their ear off or torturing them with cutting, and that). Just be friendly.

Exactly, this. Some people can find it offensive to read text of being cut with chainsaw, getting raped and brutally battered in private areas, and so.

We're all human beings and supposed to be good with each other, afterwards ^^
Retired Captain Travis Walker (ex. Cordell Firewalker), ex. Investigations Unit Director & absolute authority

2011 - 2016

Factions taken down (5):
Renegades MC || Road Slayers MC || Aryan Guard MC || White Knights MC || Redline Racing Crew

jukzeh
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: The one they call Jesus

Post by jukzeh » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 pm

I think you should just ask permission at all costs even if it's something light , just incase someone gets offended, I don't see what's wrong with PMing someone for permission, it just saves someone getting offended if all goes wrong.

Aubrey
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: See Sig

Post by Aubrey » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:42 pm

What if one just says, "Man, I'd rape the shit out of you," or something similar without OOC permission first? This can cause offense (as it offends me OOCly), but it doesn't involve touching.
Sergeant Aubrey Salem
San Andreas Sheriff's Department

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dec » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Kate_Green wrote:What if one just says, "Man, I'd rape the shit out of you," or something similar without OOC permission first? This can cause offense (as it offends me OOCly), but it doesn't involve touching.

It something is making you feel uncomfortable OOCly, then let the other person know. There is no need to throw a hissy fit or shout "Reported!!" cause that just makes it worse. Just PM or /b mention that you're finding it uncomfortable and you'd like him/her to stop.
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

AmiToSs
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jefe

Post by AmiToSs » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:25 pm

I agree with this rule, sometimes my younger brother (which understand English pretty good) watches me as I play LSRP, and I find it very uncomfortable when someone is '/me takes out his dick and pissing on everyone'.
If you want to RolePlay that, ask permissions from the other players around you, awsome rule.

Daisuke_Niigata
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: DM

Post by Daisuke_Niigata » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:39 am

I think the key to gaining any kind of permission is just to explain exactly what you plan to do. Not just the usual: "Permission to rape?". But I also don't believe pissing in public should require any kind of special permission - only if it's roleplayed very vulgarly - organs being mentioned and so on.

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman

Post by Mmartin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:01 pm

AmiToSs wrote:I agree with this rule, sometimes my younger brother (which understand English pretty good) watches me as I play LSRP, and I find it very uncomfortable when someone is '/me takes out his dick and pissing on everyone'.
If you want to RolePlay that, ask permissions from the other players around you, awsome rule.

But that makes no sense then. In that case, we shouldn't even swear without other party's permission. It's your responsibility to not expose your brother or whoever you don't want to see it to the game, which contains visual drug/violence/offensive material.

Austin Yañez
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Austin Yañez » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:31 pm

This game (GTA SA) was made for a crowd above eighteen years old, if you don't want to see any sexual references or role-play then don't play this game. I find this rule unnecessary.

Citrix

Post by Citrix » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Austin Yañez wrote:This game (GTA SA) was made for a crowd above eighteen years old, if you don't want to see any sexual references or role-play then don't play this game. I find this rule unnecessary.

And so is almost every other game but that doesn't stop the average 12 year old tugging their mothers purse to buy it them in the supermarket. I'm sure that nobody here has done that but what is to stop a game getting into the wrong hands or simply just ignoring that big red sticker.
It's not what the game is for and if you can't get engaged without having to involve sexually orientated acts into your gaming then this isn't the game for you.

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”