[IG] 8 - Do not AFK/idle/alt-tab for longer than 10 min...

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

[IG] 8 - Do not AFK/idle/alt-tab for longer than 10 min...

Post by Dec » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Use this thread to post any sensible questions, comments, suggestions or ideas about this rule. We will endeavour to clarify anything which you may be uncertain about.

8. Do not AFK/idle/alt-tab for any longer than 10 minutes or in public. The use of any animations or scripts to stop the script detecting you AFK after 10 minutes is not allowed.
    You are allowed to be AFK for any time up to 10 minutes, provided you are not in a highly populated area. If you do go AFK in an area where people are likely to attempt to roleplay with you, you can be kicked regardless of the time you have been idle in that area for. The use of anything to stop the script detecting you as AFK is strictly forbidden.
    Punishments:
    • Kick for AFKing in public.
    • Permanent ban for avoiding AFK script.
    • If the server is full, you may be kicked after AFKing for 2-3 minutes to allow space for those waiting to join
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

BinaryRun
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [IG] 8 - Do not AFK/idle/alt-tab for longer than 10 min.

Post by BinaryRun » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:48 pm

I suggest to add the rule that you are not allowed to go AFK in SACF either here or at viewtopic.php?f=354&t=292416
Live a little!

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dec » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 am

BinaryRun wrote:I suggest to add the rule that you are not allowed to go AFK in SACF either here or at viewtopic.php?f=354&t=292416

This rule already says that. It says don't AFK where people can roleplay with you - that includes SACF. We're not going to be making rules complicated by listing every single location you specifically can't AFK in, or where you can, or how, or why etc etc. It's simple - Do not AFK where people can roleplay with you otherwise you get kicked.

JockDean
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by JockDean » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:30 pm

I know it's a little bit outdated, but I think that 10 minute AFK system is not working when you're in car. I've had to go afk few days ago, and I thought I'll make it within 10 minutes. Unfortunately I didn't make it on time and I was expecting to come back to game and be kicked for AFK already, however I wasn't.

Shall I report this as a bug or...?

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:43 pm

JockDean wrote:I know it's a little bit outdated, but I think that 10 minute AFK system is not working when you're in car. I've had to go afk few days ago, and I thought I'll make it within 10 minutes. Unfortunately I didn't make it on time and I was expecting to come back to game and be kicked for AFK already, however I wasn't.

viewtopic.php?f=512&t=317427#p3845809

JockDean
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by JockDean » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:38 am

Ferdinand wrote:
JockDean wrote:I know it's a little bit outdated, but I think that 10 minute AFK system is not working when you're in car. I've had to go afk few days ago, and I thought I'll make it within 10 minutes. Unfortunately I didn't make it on time and I was expecting to come back to game and be kicked for AFK already, however I wasn't.

viewtopic.php?f=512&t=317427#p3845809

Thanks for a heads-up, without a doubt I'll avoid doing this. And I wasn't completely aware of the fact that it might be a banable offense, and well... my intention wasn't to bypass the AFK script.

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dec » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:55 am

RULE UPDATED

• Added exception for when the server is full

8. Do not AFK/idle/alt-tab for any longer than 10 minutes or in public. The use of any animations or scripts to stop the script detecting you AFK after 10 minutes is not allowed.
    You are allowed to be AFK for any time up to 10 minutes, provided you are not in a highly populated area. If you do go AFK in an area where people are likely to attempt to roleplay with you, you can be kicked regardless of the time you have been idle in that area for. The use of anything to stop the script detecting you as AFK is strictly forbidden.
    Punishments:
    • Kick for AFKing in public.
    • Permanent ban for avoiding AFK script.
    • If the server is full, you may be kicked after AFKing for 2-3 minutes to allow space for those waiting to join

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”