[IG] 3 - Roleplay at all times

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

[IG] 3 - Roleplay at all times

Post by Dec » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:57 am

Use this thread to post any sensible questions, comments, suggestions or ideas about rule 3. We will endeavour to clarify anything which you may be uncertain about.

3. Roleplay at all times
    Usually there is always a difference of opinion sparking during the roleplay and at moments you feel that it should end. Slowing down and/or stopping the pace of the roleplay can sometimes make the situation worse. The attitudes there can grow more resentful, people could pull up and/or pull off during it, just about anything.

This includes but is not limited to:
    • No healing during fights.
    • No ninja-jacking other players (Pulling players out of their vehicle with no roleplay)
    • No quitting the game to avoid being arrested or getting into roleplay situations with people.
    • No vehicles allowed inside the mall
    • No provoking others without proper IC reason (This includes provoking cops into chases or other inmates at SACF)
    • No Olympic Swimming (defined as continuous swimming with no physical effect to your character)
    • Roleplay taking out large weapons (M4, AK47, MP5, Sniper Rifle, Rifle, Baseball Bat, Katana, Cane, RPG)
    • No advertising of illegal items (weapons, drugs etc)
    • No abusing bikes/motorbikes (hopping about, tapping W to go faster etc)
    • You are not allowed to role-play a character which was already Character Killed (CK)
    • Radios (/r) and phones are IC only, so no OOCly chats or discussions over these. Also Radios can only be used as Radios, nothing else (SMS, PTM, AIM, PAGER etc.)
    Punishments:
    • Punishments can vary from short or long admin jail times to a permanent ban based on severity.
    • Take screenshots if you feel the roleplay is not up to standards so that you can report it in the Report Player forum. Be sure to inform the other party that you will be posting one so they can post their side of the story during it.
    • Use /re or /report if you feel an administrator should step in during the roleplay. Continue the roleplay until you are told to stop by an administrator even after reporting. Admins often spectate the scene for a minute or two so they can understand the situation before arriving on scene, so continue roleplaying.
    • You are allowed to stop the roleplay if the other side is making you sexually uncomfortable. Take screenshots and/or use /re or /report during the scene for an administrator to step in.
    • Do not roleplay in OOC areas:
      - Adminjail
      - While administrators are on scene handling the current situation.
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

tagtag
The Procurer
The Procurer

Re: [IG] 3 - Roleplay at all times

Post by tagtag » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Is ninjajacking in a chase still allowed? Since its still impossible to type a /me fast enough while the other person is getting in the car and escaping.

damaz
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by damaz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:12 pm

tagtag wrote:Is ninjajacking in a chase still allowed? Since its still impossible to type a /me fast enough while the other person is getting in the car and escaping.

It's never been allowed.
i was head of testers, head of factions and an in-game lead admin. i also led a faction called Beasley & Associates now i'm just that washed up swede

tagtag
The Procurer
The Procurer

Post by tagtag » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm pretty sure it was according to the old rules, because its humanly impossible to type a /me while chasing someone.

Freddie™
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Freddie_Rowe

Post by Freddie™ » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:35 pm

tagtag wrote:I'm pretty sure it was according to the old rules, because its humanly impossible to type a /me while chasing someone.

No it's not allowed.

Lockhart
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lockhart » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:58 pm

If radios should be used as radio, why are panic alarms allowed? I understand that the panic alarm is a part of the radio, however a little clarification may be needed. On that topic, what are the rules regarding panic alarms? Many people give a in-depth location, rather than a general region. On top of that, most panic alarms wouldn't even give a location, as it is someone else's job to trace the person.

** Panic Alarm: Deputy Dominic_Lockhart ** is the most that should be said, from there, other LEOs can trace me and they will receive a regional location.
Retired Staff

Brie 'Sully' Sullivan Harmony Oaks
Kiara 'Keke' Jackson E/S Hustler Crips

Gone Away

Charlie Brown
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Charlie Brown » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Lockhart wrote:If radios should be used as radio, why are panic alarms allowed? I understand that the panic alarm is a part of the radio, however a little clarification may be needed. On that topic, what are the rules regarding panic alarms? Many people give a in-depth location, rather than a general region. On top of that, most panic alarms wouldn't even give a location, as it is someone else's job to trace the person.

** Panic Alarm: Deputy Dominic_Lockhart ** is the most that should be said, from there, other LEOs can trace me and they will receive a regional location.

It doesn't even trace to them, it traces back to their cruiser.

Liams
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Kayla Liams

Post by Liams » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:18 pm

Is correcting a typo or something similar on /r allowed?

Charlie Brown
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Charlie Brown » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Liams wrote:Is correcting a typo or something similar on /r allowed?

Of course. He means like OOC chatter and such.

NiNjA
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Nikolas_Rossi

Post by NiNjA » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Jimbo95 wrote:
Lockhart wrote:If radios should be used as radio, why are panic alarms allowed? I understand that the panic alarm is a part of the radio, however a little clarification may be needed. On that topic, what are the rules regarding panic alarms? Many people give a in-depth location, rather than a general region. On top of that, most panic alarms wouldn't even give a location, as it is someone else's job to trace the person.

It doesn't even trace to them, it traces back to their cruiser.

Actually, as an LEO, they have your number, so they can just trace that. But what I would really like to see is an actual command you can type such as /panic, and it goes over your current slot on your radio.
Example: I am hit, I type /panic. It would say "Panic Alarm: Megan Mars" over the radio for you.
Retired FoCo TTT Super Admin
Former LS-RP Tester
Nikolas Rossi - LSSD Captain
Shawn Coronado - LSSD Sergeant
Ashley Richardson

Papi Chulo
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Brock Kirby

Post by Papi Chulo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 am

I suggest that the rule exception for ninja jacking be added simply because its impossible to type a /me in the middle of a chase. This exception would pertain to law enforcement in practice.

The old exception:

tagtag
The Procurer
The Procurer

Post by tagtag » Thu May 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Papi Chulo wrote:I suggest that the rule exception for ninja jacking be added simply because its impossible to type a /me in the middle of a chase. This exception would pertain to law enforcement in practice.

The old exception:

I knew it!
And yes, this should be added.

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Today I asked in game if it was allowed to skip mechanic roleplay; it was asked just for reassurance sake and to check if something about the rules changed. Got a quite curious answer (from an admin, if the tag colour is not obvious):

How can it be that mechanic roleplay can be skipped (if both parties agree) when it always affects the competition (third party)?
The mechanic skipping roleplay is more efficient - by the time he skips roleplay and completes 2 or 3 fixes, another mechanic is busy roleplaying his one repair. The first mechanic makes more money, which those who roleplay find discouraging and eventually revert to skipping roleplay themselves, which ends up destroying the job altogether. The customers very often want to be on their way as well and don't mind skipping roleplay as long as the service is cheap; they find their time can be better spent than roleplaying with mechanics, while some mechanics do in fact provide effort in portraying an authentic atmosphere with vehicle repairs.

So I'm asking here. Is it allowed to skip mechanic roleplay in any condition?

tagtag
The Procurer
The Procurer

Post by tagtag » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:01 am

Ferdinand wrote:Today I asked in game if it was allowed to skip mechanic roleplay; it was asked just for reassurance sake and to check if something about the rules changed. Got a quite curious answer (from an admin, if the tag colour is not obvious):

How can it be that mechanic roleplay can be skipped (if both parties agree) when it always affects the competition (third party)?
The mechanic skipping roleplay is more efficient - by the time he skips roleplay and completes 2 or 3 fixes, another mechanic is busy roleplaying his one repair. The first mechanic makes more money, which those who roleplay find discouraging and eventually revert to skipping roleplay themselves, which ends up destroying the job altogether. The customers very often want to be on their way as well and don't mind skipping roleplay as long as the service is cheap; they find their time can be better spent than roleplaying with mechanics, while some mechanics do in fact provide effort in portraying an authentic atmosphere with vehicle repairs.

So I'm asking here. Is it allowed to skip mechanic roleplay in any condition?

True, Mechanics should always RP their fixes. I used to RP mechanic and only survived off rich people who payed 10 grand for a well rped lock replacement. Competition was huge. Only situation i find excusable is when the client desperately asks for a skip rp due to some third circumstances.

Lucas
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Lucas_Wright

Post by Lucas » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:42 am

tagtag wrote:True, Mechanics should always RP their fixes. I used to RP mechanic and only survived off rich people who payed 10 grand for a well rped lock replacement. Competition was huge. Only situation i find excusable is when the client desperately asks for a skip rp due to some third circumstances.

I always used to roleplay my fixes as a mechanic, even fitting locks and immobilisers, when I roleplayed as one. The only exception to that was if my 'client' needed me to hurry up for an OOC reason. I would expect that all mechanics should be roleplaying their work unless there is a mutual agreement to skip it - the term mutual being the key: if the mechanic doesn't want to skip, then they don't skip.
LS:RP Retired Admin
IRC: <LucasWright>
Real-Life Lucas
Private Message
Retired Assistant Sheriff L. Wright
San Andreas Sheriff's Department
6th May 2011 - 15th Sep 2014

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”