[RULE 26 - EDIT] - Robbery/Scamming

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

IntrozeN
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Re: [RULE 26 - EDIT] - Robbery/Scamming

Post by IntrozeN » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:18 am

Stewart_Jackson wrote:
Dacruz wrote:Getting away with a robbery can sometimes be hard.

So if you succeed you earn more than $500 in my opinion.

I miss the $5000 days.

Its not realistic, nobody cares five thousand dollars on them IRL.

Then again, you don't buy a car radio for $25.000.

BreakYaN3ck
Contemporary Villain
Contemporary Villain
Ingame name: Hartman

Post by BreakYaN3ck » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Its okay.. In my oppinion :mrgreen:
i dont want no 9 to 5

MaliKid
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by MaliKid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:10 am

Is there a time limit for how long it takes to rob your scammed amount back?

Sneaker
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: YG MONK

Post by Sneaker » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 am

MaliKid wrote:Is there a time limit for how long it takes to rob your scammed amount back?

I don't think there's any time limit man, all it says in the rules from what I could see is this.

- If you got scammed, you are allowed to rob your money back even if it's more than $500.
BEEN RETIRED || PLAY FOR FUN || JACKERS GALLERY https://forum.ls-rp.io/viewtopic.php?f= ... lit=nelson

Roselli
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Eckhart Cohen

Post by Roselli » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:08 pm

There is no minimum time you have to wait, though you must RP it properly of course. If they searched you for a gun and took it ICly, you shouldn't pull that gun that should've been taken ICly on them like 5 minutes later.
Francesco Gallone
Currently employed as National Security Advisor in Washington D.C.
Former Los Santos Police Department
Lieutenant II.

Eckhart Cohen
Licensed attorney (State Bar #153)
Deputy District Attorney

riezvi
Garuda
Garuda
Ingame name: Ratko // Indonesian Mafia

Post by riezvi » Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 am

f you are scamming somebody you can take up to $50,000 which is maximum and you cannot take more than that unless you receive permission from an admin for more which cannot exceed $50,000. These special circumstances will only be granted if a thorough reason and idea is presented.

CMIIW, the limit for a scam over the limit with permission from admin $500.000 right?

Sneaker
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Sneaker » Tue May 08, 2012 10:40 am

riezvi wrote:CMIIW, the limit for a scam over the limit with permission from admin $500.000 right?

Yes that is correct, also you cannot scam a player that is under the level of 10. You cannot scam a player over the limit of $50.000 unless beforehand you have admin permission, then and only then you can scam that certain player for $500.000 but in this case its very unlikely you'll get permission to do this.

Obviously this must all be done ICly and not OOCly.
BEEN RETIRED || PLAY FOR FUN || JACKERS GALLERY https://forum.ls-rp.io/viewtopic.php?f= ... lit=nelson

Hronus
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Hronus » Tue May 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Now fishers will be free to fish because every time they get 5 grand for robbers and this kind of characters lol.
KWADWOWAWOHIGGS

Previous Characters:
[spoiler]Demonde Oakwood - Former Ryder Blocc member, left city after RBF fall.
Montell Phillips - a former member of the notorious 92nd Pueblo Bishop Bloods gang, currently a resident of Washington Block.
Otis Findley - Former Money Made Mafia member, murdered in Brystal Gardens.
Heriberto Rios - Brown Pride Locos 21612 Gangster.[/spoiler]

>Mark<
Gangster
Gangster

Post by >Mark< » Tue May 08, 2012 2:48 pm

viking24 wrote:Bad news for tha' robbers that rob for a living ey :lol:

:lol:
Image Image Image

GARDENBLOCC24th
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Bruce_Holzmann

Post by GARDENBLOCC24th » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:09 am

IntrozeN wrote:
Stewart_Jackson wrote:
Dacruz wrote:Getting away with a robbery can sometimes be hard.

So if you succeed you earn more than $500 in my opinion.

I miss the $5000 days.

Its not realistic, nobody cares five thousand dollars on them IRL.

Then again, you don't buy a car radio for $25.000.

There's a inflation on lsrp and the most people dont take it icly they just rp 5000 dollars as like 500 dollars.

However. I still don't know if i can rob peoples drugs or weapons. All i see is a scamming rule about drugs and weapons, that's not a clear answer to me.
A 44 bullet shell took my niggas life
Triggas pulled by some young niggas on that white
He used to fuck with them boys on the weed tip
They found my nigga dead face down in a ditch
I saw the shit on the news just the other day
I ain't for singing no blues, I'ma make 'em pay

Aladdin Sane
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Nicholas Gagliano

Post by Aladdin Sane » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:36 am

Could some sort of scam limit not be added so that you can scam players of, say, level 20 or over, for more than $50K? I'm sorry, but if you are stupid enough to fall for a scam at that level then you should really deserve it. Plus it would mean the scams would have to be really well role-played and well carried out to fool such experienced players into falling for them, and as such the reward should be something worthwhile.

I get how there is a need for rules to protect players, but in some instances they can become a little too over-protective. Like now my level 9 character isn't allowed to scam because of these rules, despite the fact that I am a very experienced roleplayer with years and years of experience. I don't really understand who that is meant to protect. Even level 5 is a whole lot of hours of playing time.
--------

--------

Sneaker
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Sneaker » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:00 am

Aladdin Sane wrote:Could some sort of scam limit not be added so that you can scam players of, say, level 20 or over, for more than $50K? I'm sorry, but if you are stupid enough to fall for a scam at that level then you should really deserve it. Plus it would mean the scams would have to be really well role-played and well carried out to fool such experienced players into falling for them, and as such the reward should be something worthwhile.

I get how there is a need for rules to protect players, but in some instances they can become a little too over-protective. Like now my level 9 character isn't allowed to scam because of these rules, despite the fact that I am a very experienced roleplayer with years and years of experience. I don't really understand who that is meant to protect. Even level 5 is a whole lot of hours of playing time.

You can scam over 50k you just need to get permission and a good reason. Despite the levels I don't think just because your lvl 20 you should be able to manage a bigger loss. To most players even if they are lvl 20, 50k is a big loss. I know up until I was lvl 25 I was uber poor ICly and OOCly.

This issue has been debated before, weather a lvl 9 has experience. For example I have a main character these days that's a lvl 6 and my alt is lvl 27. You just don't know wheather that person is new or not.

That's why the rule is set like it is, it is just too hard to keep track of these things.

MaliKid
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by MaliKid » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:07 pm

I really do think the old limits were good, the only reason they were changed is because A LOT of reports were on these, it caused problems, but the people who got scammed weren't newbs, they were inexperienced people who couldn't speak English well. In my opinion this teaches them to be cautious and is a part of the new beginning were all vulnerable to.

Hunter
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Hunter » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Dec_Watson wrote:
    • If you got scammed, you are allowed to rob your money back even if it's more than $500.

Lets say that I scam someone for 50 grands. He robs me a few days later, he can all the 50 grands? Or you have a maximum of two days or something to do this and take your money back?

Jack.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Jack. » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 am

Hunter wrote:
Dec_Watson wrote:
    • If you got scammed, you are allowed to rob your money back even if it's more than $500.

Lets say that I scam someone for 50 grands. He robs me a few days later, he can all the 50 grands? Or you have a maximum of two days or something to do this and take your money back?

Aslong as you have the cash in your hand, I imagine he can take it all back off you, unless you can provide screenshots with /servertime of you hiding it or something.

The question that everyone seems to be asking is " Can I still rob guns or drugs up to any limit? " I've done this a few times IG and I've not once had an admin tell me I'm not allowed to do it, though I've had plenty of testers say if it exceeds the limit its not allowed, best thing to do is ask an admin before hand, if they say no, don't do it, if they say yes, lucky you!

(I'm still curious whether you can do it or not, so if an admin could actually confirm the rules I'd appreciate it.)

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”