[RULE 26 - EDIT] - Robbery/Scamming

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

axez
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: [RULE 26 - EDIT] - Robbery/Scamming

Post by axez » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:14 am

We have a bank for a reason. Plus we have a system to store money into properties. So why is there a limit on robbing players holding money? I mean, if someone is stupid enough to walk around in Los Angeles with $50,000 stuffed into their clothing.. Well. I won't even comment that.

We even got (at least had) a wire transfer script, where you could pay another player without even withdrawing the money from the bank. The money system is 100% safe and realistic, so I don't really see no need to limit the robbery to $500 bucks. It just makes it too safe for rich people to walk around with millions in their pockets. Which is highly unrealistic as well.

The PD/SD arrests when players got weaponary on them. But we got storing system in cars and properties for it too. So whats the different with money? I'd say; If you got them on you, you got them on you.
Don't do bad, be good.
Discord: axez#1934

riezvi
Garuda
Garuda
Ingame name: Ratko // Indonesian Mafia

Post by riezvi » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:19 am

riezvi wrote:Postby riezvi on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 am
Can we rob drugs and gun packages?

*Smileyface*
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Bree'

Post by *Smileyface* » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:40 am

It should be more, 'If its on you its on you,' I used to store my money in a cashbox or the bank to avoid lossing it. Dumb how people walk around with MILLIONS on them and then when it comes down to it... OH! I've only got 500 bucks here... *Shrug*

Asset
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Asset » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:24 am

500$? Why?
Knowledge Immunity Love Obedience

Marty_Halzer
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Petey Casa

Post by Marty_Halzer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:21 am

I think you might want to add the reason for this rule into the first post. I don't see a good discussion in this thread's future if someone's going to be asking 'why?' every couple of posts.

Spiiriit
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Jackie A

Post by Spiiriit » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Does the scam rule of level 10 and above apply to extortion now? or is there no limit/level requirement to that?
Ryan "Cannon" Obannon
Spoiler: show
Ex Corporal Paul Scalero

Gele
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Gele » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:48 pm

*Smileyface* wrote: Dumb how people walk around with MILLIONS on them and then when it comes down to it... OH! I've only got 500 bucks here... *Shrug*

KayaQue wrote: I mean, if someone is stupid enough to walk around in Los Angeles with $50,000 stuffed into their clothing..

Only one word for you folk: Savings.

riezvi wrote:Postby riezvi on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 am
Can we rob drugs and gun packages?

ANSWER:
    Example:
    • Ex.1 You want to buy gun packages which are worth $40,000. You take the packages without paying the price and then run away.
    • Ex.3 You are a drug smuggler and somebody wants to buy some drugs from you for $45,000. You take the money and you tell him/her that you are going to get them now, but you don't and you just take their money.

Nonetheless, my question is the following. Spiiriit already asked ("Does the scam rule of level 10 and above apply to extortion now? or is there no limit/level requirement to that?"), though I'd just like to know; where does "extortion" fit in?

Akiba
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Takashi Miller

Post by Akiba » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Finally! Hopefully people will stop the "zomg gonna ask an admin if he actually has 5k or not".
Previously: Leader of the Shizuoka-Kai, Shateigashira of Akuji-Kai, Queen Crip of Beasley and Associates, Tester for the staff team.

Jake_Foster
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Jake Coppins

Post by Jake_Foster » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:47 am

KayaQue wrote:We have a bank for a reason. Plus we have a system to store money into properties. So why is there a limit on robbing players holding money? I mean, if someone is stupid enough to walk around in Los Angeles with $50,000 stuffed into their clothing.. Well. I won't even comment that.

We even got (at least had) a wire transfer script, where you could pay another player without even withdrawing the money from the bank. The money system is 100% safe and realistic, so I don't really see no need to limit the robbery to $500 bucks. It just makes it too safe for rich people to walk around with millions in their pockets. Which is highly unrealistic as well.

The PD/SD arrests when players got weaponary on them. But we got storing system in cars and properties for it too. So whats the different with money? I'd say; If you got them on you, you got them on you.

I do agree with you totally there, but there's one problem; entrance fees. If we got some edits to the business system, then hopefully a better robbery rules could be put into place.
"If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be."

Asset
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Asset » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:07 pm

KayaQue wrote:We have a bank for a reason. Plus we have a system to store money into properties. So why is there a limit on robbing players holding money? I mean, if someone is stupid enough to walk around in Los Angeles with $50,000 stuffed into their clothing.. Well. I won't even comment that.

Exactly, I totally agree with you.
Knowledge Immunity Love Obedience

Roselli
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Eckhart Cohen

Post by Roselli » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:27 pm

I'm happy it's $500. To the people that don't like it: Say there is some random noob/there are some random noobs driving around in their Burrito, they would try to "ram rob" you, this is just rediculous, robberies are high risk and only people who REALLY need money would do this in real life, therefore the limit is good, it prevents people just going on robbing sprees.
Francesco Gallone
Currently employed as National Security Advisor in Washington D.C.
Former Los Santos Police Department
Lieutenant II.

Eckhart Cohen
Licensed attorney (State Bar #153)
Deputy District Attorney

*Smileyface*
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Bree'

Post by *Smileyface* » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:51 pm

KayaQue wrote:The PD/SD arrests when players got weaponary on them. But we got storing system in cars and properties for it too. So whats the different with money? I'd say; If you got them on you, you got them on you.

I hear that! ((PD/SD have to walk around wit like 10k+ in there pocket when on duty to use the PnS's! :P))

Shinobi
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Shinobi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Can we scam vehicles?
William Bonfanti

Disney
Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingame name: Walt Disney

Post by Disney » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:37 am

A great question was asked about extortion.

So does it fall under the robbery rule or what now? Does that mean you can only rob from them $500 a day max or what?

[redcoat slayer]
notably: show
The former:

Deputy Attorney General of San Andreas
District Attorney of Los Santos
Captain of the San Andreas Department of Corrections

B.Williams
Mafia
Mafia

Post by B.Williams » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:51 pm

*Smileyface* wrote:It should be more, 'If its on you its on you,' I used to store my money in a cashbox or the bank to avoid lossing it. Dumb how people walk around with MILLIONS on them and then when it comes down to it... OH! I've only got 500 bucks here... *Shrug*

Dumb how people roleplay that other people have millions on them without having the flexibility to recognise that it is a result of the way the system works. Personally, I might choose to roleplay carrying a debit or credit card. Does the script allow me to do this without carrying lots of cash on me? No. Is it reasonable that I should have huge amounts of money taken off me for choosing to roleplay a widely-used method of payment? No it's not, and I'm glad this rule has addressed that.

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”