LV & SF Population:

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Damian
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

LV & SF Population:

Post by Damian » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:32 am

LV & SF Population:
    It's been up for debate, argued for a while, and actually been an issue for a few years now. Most people have roleplayed LV & SF population in their own way and it has conflicted many times with the way others roleplay it. So after dealing with the issue for so long it has been decided to get an official ruling on the population in SF & LV.

Both of the areas are empty IClly.That means there's no NPC officers moderating the entire area, there are no NPC people walking or driving up and down every street, and there are no occupied businesses/houses out there.

Only you and the people come with/follow you out there are the ones ICly in the cities.

You're welcome to send in an IC story as to why the cities are empty. Let your minds wonder...
Damian Calhoun
Manager
Head of Staff
Head of Boards
Head of Development
SA:MP BetaTester '06
Tester Information:
Information About Applying.
Head of Mapping.
Contact Information
IRC.
PM me!
Ventrilo.
Highest Player Count:
550!
DamianC.

Henry
The Elite
The Elite
Ingame name: MONEY HOPKINS

Re: LV & SF Population:

Post by Henry » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:19 pm

Maybe you should block them script-wise?
Last edited by Henry on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We may be criminals, but that doesn't mean we're savages. We have to run our business like a business."

Deepz
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Saito Setsuka

Post by Deepz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Kk, i'll make a good story about it sir..
Head of Licensing
Deputy Head of Recruitment
Deputy Head of Public Affairs
Best Paramedic of 2010

Warmonkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Warmonkey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:42 pm

This bullshit is more non-RP than random deathmatching. Without an approved IC story from the staff, I don't know how I am going to deal with this ICly. My character RP's having a business in San Fierro and is usually out in Las Venturas on business there. Rather than this bullshit, restrict people from going to those areas.
Kenneth Harrison, Esq.
Fmr. Assistant State Clerk
San Andreas State Legislature
Hon. Thomas Spencer
Associate Justice (Ret.)
Superior Court of San Andreas

Yugo45
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Zlatan Lazic

Post by Yugo45 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 pm

How about the economic activity that supported the cities failed (so basically, SA government fucked up), forcing everyone to move to Los Santos, or something like that?

Warmonkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Warmonkey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Yugo45 wrote:How about the economic activity that supported the cities failed (so basically, SA government fucked up), forcing everyone to move to Los Santos, or something like that?

It needs to be completely plausible and be able to seem real, like if it happens in real life. My suggestion will be that either some kinda of chemical outbreak from San Fierro's "zombie" building, forcing the National Guard to quarantine the city. But, then people should be restricted from entering San Fierro. Las Venturas could have a similar story, but again, if these areas are abandoned, don't allow people from LSRP to enter the areas. Keep it in Los Santos/Red County/Flint County and Bone County. AND ONLY THOSE. Otherwise, this rule fucks up the "realism" side of the server.
Kenneth Harrison, Esq.
Hon. Thomas Spencer
Associate Justice (Ret.)

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:08 pm

What you have to realize is that saying they're empty and whoever we see there is fair game in terms of "standing out" is easier to administrate than having the people there roleplay cops and informing LSPD when suspicious activity would be reported by the public, eg: gun deals and shooting and such. This would clearly be very selective on "what to report" and would never work against someone, only for them (eg: a cop comes into LV and people shout metagame when they single them out.)

It's a lot easier to administrate in this fashion.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Yugo45
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Yugo45 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Martin_Warmonger wrote:
Yugo45 wrote:How about the economic activity that supported the cities failed (so basically, SA government fucked up), forcing everyone to move to Los Santos, or something like that?

It needs to be completely plausible and be able to seem real, like if it happens in real life. My suggestion will be that either some kinda of chemical outbreak from San Fierro's "zombie" building, forcing the National Guard to quarantine the city. But, then people should be restricted from entering San Fierro. Las Venturas could have a similar story, but again, if these areas are abandoned, don't allow people from LSRP to enter the areas. Keep it in Los Santos/Red County/Flint County and Bone County. AND ONLY THOSE. Otherwise, this rule fucks up the "realism" side of the server.

It's highly unlikely that two cities which are side by side will have two different reasons of why they are abandoned.

It's actually highly unlikely to have both of two large cities which are side by side abandoned.

Unless, there is a common reason why they are ghost cities. And what I said kinda makes sense and is highly possible. Governemnt fucks up, can't support 3 cities forcing everyone to move to one city, and the sourranding area.

Yeah, maybe it's not THAT realistic, but it's better then having "STAY WITHING THE WORLD BOUNDARIES" every time you try to go to San Fierro.

Maybe you were talking about an IC rule that no-one is allowed in SF/LV but that's even worse.

Dukey
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: D.Hogan&M.Craig

Post by Dukey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:00 pm

If you want to make SF and LV ghost towns.
Block them script-wise.
Otherwise, it's not realistic to have 2 HUGE cities side by side abandoned without a nuclear bomb exploded somewhere around
(Which would also make no sense because then LS is ought to be evacuated likewise).
-Duke Hogan-

"Too much is never enough"

If you know me , and you want my contact info, PM me.

Rico_Mancin
takes long breaks
takes long breaks
Ingame name: Rowen Miyamoto

Post by Rico_Mancin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 pm

administration accidentally the whole LV & SF Population!
Police Evasion Tally
LSPD: 5
SASD: 9
Time since last arrest: 2 months

Warmonkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Warmonkey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Yugo45 wrote:
Martin_Warmonger wrote:

It's highly unlikely that two cities which are side by side will have two different reasons of why they are abandoned.

It's actually highly unlikely to have both of two large cities which are side by side abandoned.

Unless, there is a common reason why they are ghost cities. And what I said kinda makes sense and is highly possible. Governemnt fucks up, can't support 3 cities forcing everyone to move to one city, and the sourranding area.

Yeah, maybe it's not THAT realistic, but it's better then having "STAY WITHING THE WORLD BOUNDARIES" every time you try to go to San Fierro.

Maybe you were talking about an IC rule that no-one is allowed in SF/LV but that's even worse.

Well, it could be either an IC or OOC rule. The thing is, this entire situation doesn't make sense, as what does the Office of the Governor do now? He only has one city and some countryside to watch over. Will that dissolve as well? I think this rule is premature with little to no background story which is valid.

Dukey wrote:If you want to make SF and LV ghost towns.
Block them script-wise.
Otherwise, it's not realistic to have 2 HUGE cities side by side abandoned without a nuclear bomb exploded somewhere around
(Which would also make no sense because then LS is ought to be evacuated likewise).

Yes, and if they are blocked script-wise, they don't have to be abandoned ICly, which will make a lot more sense.
Kenneth Harrison, Esq.
Hon. Thomas Spencer
Associate Justice (Ret.)

Yugo45
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Yugo45 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Blocking them script wise would just be retarded in my opinion.

Imagine trying to drive to SF and then finding yourself flying in mid air with red text STAY WITHING THE WORLDY BOUNDARIES on your screen.

That's just retarded. This rule isn't meant to stop people from RPing in SF and LV (which many people do), it's meant to stop powergaming when people do *COP FROM SFPD COME AND HE KEEL U*

Stop whining about how it's not realistic, because I don't think anyoone really gives a shit. Make a story of why it happened if it bothers you so much.

Warmonkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Warmonkey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Yugo45 wrote:Blocking them script wise would just be retarded in my opinion.

Imagine trying to drive to SF and then finding yourself flying in mid air with red text STAY WITHING THE WORLDY BOUNDARIES on your screen.

That's just retarded. This rule isn't meant to stop people from RPing in SF and LV (which many people do), it's meant to stop powergaming when people do *COP FROM SFPD COME AND HE KEEL U*

Stop whining about how it's not realistic, because I don't think anyoone really gives a shit. Make a story of why it happened if it bothers you so much.

Making up a story won't cut it. "Yeah man, it is a real shame they nuked San Fierro and Las Venturas last week!" "Wut?" <- THAT is retarded. Rather make a rule saying that you cannot use NPC's in other cities, rather than making them completely abandoned. It will make more sense and will have EXACTLY the same effect.
Kenneth Harrison, Esq.
Hon. Thomas Spencer
Associate Justice (Ret.)

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:21 pm

I don't really see what the big problem is. This is after all, a game, and you'll just have to accept the fact that the two cities aren't populated. Like I said before, this is a lot easier to administrate as we simply can't trust those who go out there to do crime to "report" what would be seen by civilians or cops because they simply won't. The only thing they -will- do is whine when they get caught and claim it to be "populated" so they wouldn't single them out - now that won't be a problem.

The majority of people don't base heavy roleplay out of LV/SF and basically go there to commit crimes silently, do gun/drug deals or roleplay "intimately" - now if they get caught by someone then it's fair game. This doesn't really effect them all that much. The only people I can think of who roleplayed out there majorly would be that faction who roleplayed in a village in the desert but the whole point of them doing it there was because it was unpopulated. Just accept the fact it's unpopulated, you don't have to go into deep roleplay and think about what happened out there - I've gone 3 years without touching upon SF/LV heavily.

I apologize for the one guy who seemingly bases all of his roleplay out of an unscripted business in San Fierro where he presumably gets business from NPC's on a server called LOS SANTOS Role Play. Simply catastrophic.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Yugo45
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Yugo45 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:27 pm

This rule also goes to the small towns around SF and LV, right? (All the desert cities)

That should also be in the main post I guess. It's logical, but yeah, still.

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”