LV & SF Population:

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

|Lewis|
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: LV & SF Population:

Post by |Lewis| » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:17 am

Foster161 wrote:On topic: Well, It's kind of silly to imagine what could happen to two large cities, and find a reasonable IC event. If so, the even should be brought by admins and enforced for everyone to role-play.

Luigi_Cipriani wrote:Why would Las Venturas and San Fierro be deserted? At this rate you're going to have people role-playing a nuke went off and blew everyone to smithereens, but shouldn't everyone know if something drastic happened to cities that large in size?

Think about the Chernobyl disaster, only move the effects to both SF and LV. It's an abandoned city with high chance of getting radiation poisoning, but people can still go there if they wish.
Benjamin Angotti

DeoxYs
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Felix Velasquez

Post by DeoxYs » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:11 am

Sounds fair enough.
You let us RP there as long as we don't powergame NPC's presence there.
I don't think that any of us got to RP there on an often occasion so it doesn't supposed to be a problem for the majority of us.
LS-RP Former Tester
Past characters:
Wesley Willoughby, Dominic Sullivan, Christian Maldonado, Yevgeniy Kupchenko

Champion1

Post by Champion1 » Sun May 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Maybe we can popularise them instead?i mean we have lots of players and with some attractions i think we can actually help popularise those cities...

Ben
Management

Post by Ben » Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 am

Champion wrote:Maybe we can popularise them instead?i mean we have lots of players and with some attractions i think we can actually help popularise those cities...

San Fierro and Las Venturas are both being used all the time, however not for civilian roleplay, but for situations such as: Kidnappings, illegal 'mafia' meetings, drug deals, gun stores, etcetera.

I'd love to see a few more scriptwise houses out there though, somewhere further from Fort Carson, for players to be able to establish factions within the county. I doubt it'll just happen like that though.
Benjamin
Management
About me
Los Santos Roleplay
LS:RP UCP
Ticket Support
Contact Information
Discord: Bennemus#2367

Forum PM

Mirabeau
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Karoline_Wyss

Post by Mirabeau » Wed May 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Russians invaded, city torn apart. Chea.

Flemwad
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Flemwad » Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 am

Why not just leave well enough alone? The reason why it's not populated is because the server doesn't have enough people. Stop looking for an in character solution/reason to something that's entirely OOC.

Warmonkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Warmonkey » Mon May 09, 2011 2:37 pm

flemwad wrote:Why not just leave well enough alone? The reason why it's not populated is because the server doesn't have enough people. Stop looking for an in character solution/reason to something that's entirely OOC.

Nothing you said makes sense. We're in a realism roleplay world, not in some deathmatching MMO game. These cities are supposed to be ICly populated (not OOCly). So, what you should actually say is: Stop making rules which interfere with IC situations.
Kenneth Harrison, Esq.
Fmr. Assistant State Clerk
San Andreas State Legislature
Hon. Thomas Spencer
Associate Justice (Ret.)
Superior Court of San Andreas

Rog_Fulace
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Rog_Fulace » Fri May 13, 2011 4:47 pm

If we have NPC trains going around the state of San Andreas now. Shouldnt this server now be renamed San Andreas Roleplay instead? Because really, there is slowly things happening outside of Los Santos now.

Hoodie
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Johnny_Boccino

Post by Hoodie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:23 pm

I think it would be good to get an official story for why these two cities are deserted, and something that's realistic aswell. I remember a few years ago in America, people who sold loans to people from the banks were getting payed large commissions, and at the time the banks were offering loans where you didn't have to begin to pay them back until after 5 years. Because of this, the workers were giving out loans to virtually anyone who asked, people they completely knew wouldn't be able to pay the loans back, and they only gave them the loans because they were getting large commissions on each one they sold. A lot of people who got the loans bought houses in the same areas, and after 5 years when they were unable to pay back the loans and their houses were repossessed by the bank, in some areas it actually created "ghost towns" where there were large estates full of houses that nobody lived in. Because nobody lived in them, nobody would want to move into an area where there was nobody around, and I think that a lot of the houses were just left or knocked down.

I think this should be the reason why SF and LV are deserted, because this happened there but on a much larger scale. Then as many people left, businesses also started to fail and they had to move out of the cities aswell because there was nobody to buy their products. Finally virtually the entire cities' population had left, and the government officially moved all public services out of the city aswell.

How does this sound? I mean it's a fairly realistic story, it explains how the both cities are deserted yet still accessible, and it's something that could be occasionally mentioned during role play.
Johnny JB Boccino

Warmonkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Warmonkey » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Hoodie wrote:I think it would be good to get an official story for why these two cities are deserted, and something that's realistic aswell. I remember a few years ago in America, people who sold loans to people from the banks were getting payed large commissions, and at the time the banks were offering loans where you didn't have to begin to pay them back until after 5 years. Because of this, the workers were giving out loans to virtually anyone who asked, people they completely knew wouldn't be able to pay the loans back, and they only gave them the loans because they were getting large commissions on each one they sold. A lot of people who got the loans bought houses in the same areas, and after 5 years when they were unable to pay back the loans and their houses were repossessed by the bank, in some areas it actually created "ghost towns" where there were large estates full of houses that nobody lived in. Because nobody lived in them, nobody would want to move into an area where there was nobody around, and I think that a lot of the houses were just left or knocked down.

I think this should be the reason why SF and LV are deserted, because this happened there but on a much larger scale. Then as many people left, businesses also started to fail and they had to move out of the cities aswell because there was nobody to buy their products. Finally virtually the entire cities' population had left, and the government officially moved all public services out of the city aswell.

How does this sound? I mean it's a fairly realistic story, it explains how the both cities are deserted yet still accessible, and it's something that could be occasionally mentioned during role play.

It may be realistic, but it is still something that wouldn't happen, doesn't matter how hard anyone tries. I still say this entire rule is bullshit, and can easily be taken away and replaced with one saying you cannot use the NPCs in these cities.
Kenneth Harrison, Esq.
Hon. Thomas Spencer
Associate Justice (Ret.)

Hoodie
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Johnny_Boccino

Post by Hoodie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:22 pm

Warmonkey wrote:
Hoodie wrote:I think it would be good to get an official story for why these two cities are deserted, and something that's realistic aswell. I remember a few years ago in America, people who sold loans to people from the banks were getting payed large commissions, and at the time the banks were offering loans where you didn't have to begin to pay them back until after 5 years. Because of this, the workers were giving out loans to virtually anyone who asked, people they completely knew wouldn't be able to pay the loans back, and they only gave them the loans because they were getting large commissions on each one they sold. A lot of people who got the loans bought houses in the same areas, and after 5 years when they were unable to pay back the loans and their houses were repossessed by the bank, in some areas it actually created "ghost towns" where there were large estates full of houses that nobody lived in. Because nobody lived in them, nobody would want to move into an area where there was nobody around, and I think that a lot of the houses were just left or knocked down.

It may be realistic, but it is still something that wouldn't happen, doesn't matter how hard anyone tries. I still say this entire rule is bullshit, and can easily be taken away and replaced with one saying you cannot use the NPCs in these cities.

It could happen. It already has happened in places in America, but only in select areas of cities that would probably be the size of say Blueberry or Palomino. There's no reason why we couldn't roleplay an even larger amount of citizens there taking these loans and getting their houses repossessed which caused businesses to fail and people forced to move?
Johnny JB Boccino

Kamal
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Denya

Post by Kamal » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:19 am

Sooo, to get this straight we are allowed to Roleplay there but not use NPCs?

And I remember there being a Militery nuclear dump around the edge of LV, so can't let say there was a Level 7 Nuclear Melt down the made all of LV move to LS?

(I got nothing for SF >.>)
No, I will not change for you.

Warmonkey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Warmonkey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Kamal wrote:And I remember there being a Militery nuclear dump around the edge of LV, so can't let say there was a Level 7 Nuclear Melt down the made all of LV move to LS?

That won't stop idiots from continuing to go about their business in LV as if nothing happened. If we RP this, there needs to be an invisible barrier or something around LV.
Kenneth Harrison, Esq.
Hon. Thomas Spencer
Associate Justice (Ret.)

Linoa06

Post by Linoa06 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:34 am

Actually, the whole evacuation thing DOES seem realist. Think, Fukushima. We can always say a couple years ago (don't make it days ago, or even weeks ago, as it's sure to turn the roleplay into Falloutish / chaos roleplay, + ruin the economy which means Los Santos would be a living ruin) a power plant exploded. Certainly by Area 51, because it's basically equidistant from both SF and LV. Upon the nuclear meltdown or other huge disaster that happened there, people in these two counties were evacuated to Los Santos. Now, now, since it's a while back, we can always say the areas are free to roam again, though VERY few people will be willing to live back in these areas. Still, they do, as evidenced by some jobs that - I'm sorry - are fully IC. Take the Trucker job which takes you to factories in the vicinity of SF and LV. There ARE people living there, just very select few, and both cities have lost their economic and residential appeal. We can always say the toll roads have been instaured to warn people of the danger of living or passing by the affected areas, without the power to actually forbid them from reaching the irradiated counties.

Then again, I'd just say to either block them OOC, or make rules about using NPCs from San Fierro and Las Venturas, while leaving both cities populated or somthing. Maybe a rule about not incorporating these NPCs in one's roleplay in a powergame manner, which would rule out the "COP FRUM SFPD CUMS N KEELS U LOL" situation.
A trolling a day keeps your boredom away!

Timo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Timo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:59 am

Why not leave as is? Some people do head to the other cities to RP and perhaps execute people there.

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”