Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Comedor de Farofa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jerrick McClendon

Re: Masks Are OOC

Post by Comedor de Farofa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:36 am

Giulio_Scipione wrote:..

You've just been named my spokesman, couldn't agree more.

Tyree_jones
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Tyree_jones » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:30 am

Leon_Rizzo wrote:If they non-rp then do a /re

Did you read anything? How can we /re a masked person if they dont talk?

Leon_Rizzo
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Saru_Arakida

Post by Leon_Rizzo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:46 am

/re There's a mask troll running around, I'll follow him and you can TP to me.
I, Saru Arakida, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fulfill the groups purpose!

bananaface

Post by bananaface » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:02 pm

I gotta say that I thought masks were for people altering their looks somehow and thus people asking if they recognize the mask...

well.. I read this now and ooc masks are fucking stupid lol :)

I might recognize John_Doe from all the times Ive seen him IC. But he might not have noticed me, ever.
If he's masked and I ask if I recognize him he would say no.

There is only so many skins, alot of people look the same. Your name is your face, this should be removed imo..

Woodruff
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Michael Patterson

Post by Woodruff » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:02 pm

bananaface wrote:I gotta say that I thought masks were for people altering their looks somehow and thus people asking if they recognize the mask...

well.. I read this now and ooc masks are fucking stupid lol :)

I might recognize John_Doe from all the times Ive seen him IC. But he might not have noticed me, ever.
If he's masked and I ask if I recognize him he would say no.

There is only so many skins, alot of people look the same. Your name is your face, this should be removed imo..

That's powergaming and against the rules, report it.
The mask should be much harder to get to IMO, but it should not be removed, since we, cops, needs them sometimes.
░╔╗╔╗╦╗░╦╗╦░╔═╔╗╔╗░╦░╦╔╗╦░╦░
░║╦║║║║░╠╣║░╠═╚╗╚╗░╚╦╝║║║░║░
░╚╝╚╝╩╝░╩╝╚═╚═╚╝╚╝░░╩░╚╝╚═╝░

Aolleo22

Post by Aolleo22 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Woodruff wrote:That's powergaming and against the rules, report it.
The mask should be much harder to get to IMO, but it should not be removed, since we, cops, needs them sometimes.

No I mean the mask wouldn't even know who would recognize him or not.

Woodruff
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Michael Patterson

Post by Woodruff » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:51 am

Aolleo22 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:That's powergaming and against the rules, report it.

No I mean the mask wouldn't even know who would recognize him or not.

Oh aight. But a good RP'er who wears a mask, normally uses a /ame to define how he looks like.
░╔╗╔╗╦╗░╦╗╦░╔═╔╗╔╗░╦░╦╔╗╦░╦░
░║╦║║║║░╠╣║░╠═╚╗╚╗░╚╦╝║║║░║░
░╚╝╚╝╩╝░╩╝╚═╚═╚╝╚╝░░╩░╚╝╚═╝░

Kane!
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Kane! » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:03 pm

wrong thread
Mask's are OOC
[quote="Damian"]Let's not even touch on the fact you guys are tossing 10s of millions of dollars around to each other as if you're playing hot potato.[/quote]

Chico__Curro
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Rupert_Moores

Post by Chico__Curro » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:09 pm

I am so confused. So masks are OOC, You can recognise people with masks ICly but not OOCly, But we buy them in IC 24/7s with IC money? And we can now buy masks which hide our name ICly but not OOCly?

Mags
SLS XIII
SLS XIII

Post by Mags » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Chico__Curro wrote:I am so confused. So masks are OOC, You can recognise people with masks ICly but not OOCly, But we buy them in IC 24/7s with IC money? And we can now buy masks which hide our name ICly but not OOCly?

Indeed, as long there's nothing covering your face ICly, a bandana, shades, whatsoever. Else you would see everyone /mask'd, which basically is nonsense.

MaliKid
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by MaliKid » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:41 pm

I hate that you cannot ask someone to unmask OOC. I'll give an example. Player A kills Player B. Player C see's Player A do so, and decides to avenge him. Player C see's Player A later but Player A is unmasked, as a consequence of the rules nothing happens.

This can be applied to other scenario's such as scams.

Kane!
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Kane! » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:47 am

If you feel not able to identify him by skin"clothes" or accesoires.. then its just ic problem, what you say is that you are just metagaming a shitty name over a players head as description..

And because of your example players like me use mask ...
*mentioning his sig*
Mask's are OOC
[quote="Damian"]Let's not even touch on the fact you guys are tossing 10s of millions of dollars around to each other as if you're playing hot potato.[/quote]

Kaikoa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kaikoa » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:58 am

Kane! wrote:If you feel not able to identify him by skin"clothes" or accesoires.. then its just ic problem, what you say is that you are just metagaming a shitty name over a players head as description..

And because of your example players like me use mask ...
*mentioning his sig*

then its just ic problem

Masks Are OOC

Stop twisting the rule to fit YOUR idea of roleplay.
Bobby Booth- DOB 06/21/1975, #45 Idlewood Motel, Idlewood, SA USA

RebeccaGetUpStandUp
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by RebeccaGetUpStandUp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Giulio_Scipione wrote:So I gotta perform a /do "Does My character recognize Masked dickhead?" for EVERY masked dickhead? I have to interact with them through emotes, OOC, before I can interact with them IC.
Exactly. So why do they have the ability to wear masks? IC, people wear different clothes from the OOC player models in-game. However, if you have a mask, nobody can describe you other than your skin. Derp. No room for roleplay. No room to get caught. No room to catch people. No room to fucking roleplay; the point of LS-RP (unless of course you count reselling Vinewood houses and Burger Shots for virtual profit).

I'm sorry but you make a big huss out of nothing, if you'd play enough you'd realize you barely meet masked people and when you do it's usually during illegallity going on. otherwise you'd have no deal with them. Also why would you ask each person with a /do if you'd recognize? Can't you think by yourself, if he's got a black character skin, one skin that your friend uses and he sticks near you, can't you put 1 and 1 together? Or simply ask in a /do those that you have a clue you might know? Chances are those that know you might talk first or come to you talking and not act like total strangers.

Like someone said before and I agree the masks are essential. Here's a point of view :
- When a robbery goes on or something petty in public and the suspect runs, I doubt you'd recognize him instantly like it happens in game, just see his name / take a pic of his name then /describe him easily, if we put a situation like that in real life, chances are you'd be too busy hiding your butt than examining the suspect and when it's all done you'll say he wore red and black when he wore white and blue, if you get my drift, so the mask is a good /simulator/ making it fair for the robber and a hard case for the witness. Not every person should be fit to describe a criminal during a quick glimpse of the act as it may happen on the server (in general, on anything computerized) so only a few might be able to come up with stuff like : He drove this car, he wore this stuff (Assuming the suspect did an /ame, or you saw him before) it's easy to recognize a masked guy if you saw him act before) and the list of examples and combinations of situations is endless.

Many times people wear like I do Mall items to cover ourselfs, but sometimes it's much safer to /mask too assuming some guy decides to ignore the fact that you had your face covered and /describes you anyway, unless so you can always /do about you having your face covered, making sure you've items on you.

Kaikoa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kaikoa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:26 am

RebeccaGetUpStandUp wrote:- When a robbery goes on or something petty in public and the suspect runs, I doubt you'd recognize him instantly like it happens in game, just see his name / take a pic of his name then /describe him easily, if we put a situation like that in real life, chances are you'd be too busy hiding your butt than examining the suspect and when it's all done you'll say he wore red and black when he wore white and blue, if you get my drift, so the mask is a good /simulator/ making it fair for the robber and a hard case for the witness. Not every person should be fit to describe a criminal during a quick glimpse of the act as it may happen on the server (in general, on anything computerized) so only a few might be able to come up with stuff like : He drove this car, he wore this stuff (Assuming the suspect did an /ame, or you saw him before) it's easy to recognize a masked guy if you saw him act before) and the list of examples and combinations of situations is endless.

Masks are OOC, they have nothing to do with IC recognition, your argument is void.
Bobby Booth- DOB 06/21/1975, #45 Idlewood Motel, Idlewood, SA USA

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”