Allegra
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester
Ingame name: Allegra Nixon

Press Release: Mayor Nixon Inaugurated - 30/11/12

Post by Allegra » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Mayor Nixon Inaugurated

by Astrid Spencer

Los Santos played host to Governor Damian Calhoun this week, who held the inauguration ceremony for the honourable Allegra Nixon as Mayor of Los Santos.

Doors to the exclusive event were only kept open for ten minutes, during which time every seat in the hall was filled. Sheriff Kylie Roberts and members of the LSPD High Command team were among some of the guests present. Those who were unable to be there in person were given the opportunity to witness the event on their television thanks to the presence of SAN.

Proceedings began with Governor Calhoun introducing Mayor Nixon and her Deputy, Gerard Maurer. The honourable Mayor then gave a speech in which she addressed the intensity of the recent elections and her appointment.

"I completely understand why so many people voted for the other candidates. Mr DeRozan, Mr Hoover and Mr Tomson were all very capable candidates and each of them no doubt had their merits. Which is why I can see why so many of you may be a little unhappy with the final result. But all I ask for is patience; even though your ideal candidate may not have made it into office, I promise to do each and every one of you proud regardless of who you voted for."

Ms Nixon was then asked to swear her allegiance to the City by placing her hand on the Bible and stating her intentions to defend the constitutions of Los Santos. As the event closed Governor Calhoun, the honourable Mayor Nixon and Deputy Mayor Maurer all made their way around the remaining guests; thanking them for coming.

And with this, the next political chapter of Los Santos begins. Mayor Nixon has already created and published a new, updated Government website which can be found HERE. She states that her main goal as Mayor is to create and maintain an "active, stable and visible Government". Her term will end in late February of 2013.

Return to “LS Government Archive”