Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Harrison_Kelly

[Boxing Instructor] Jacob Morales [D]

Post by lupus est » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Which fighting instructor sidejob do you want?: Boxer Instructor

Ingame name: Jacob_Morales

Ingame age: 34

Character's story(You can use the story from your application):
Jacob Morales is a thirty-four year old Mexican male originally from Los Santos, San Andreas. He grew up in El Corona, a neighborhood once marred by the likes of violent street gangs such as Mara Salvatrucha 13 and other infamous Sureno sets. Growing up around gangsters and poverty, Jacob felt he had to adapt to his surroundings in order to survive. During his adolescence, he and his friends often committed petty crimes such as small-time robberies, bicycle jackings and on occasion indulge in substances such as marijuana and alcohol. Clearly, Jacob seemed to be badly behaved and influenced by his peers as a young teenager. This had his parents and family concerned for his future, and what implications his actions may have if he continued to behave in such a way.

At the age of seventeen, his family decided to move away from Los Santos and seek for greener pastures. They decided to settle in Kirby, Texas, a small suburban enclave just east of San Antonio. His parents obtained solid jobs in the city and managed to do well for themselves after living so poorly for nearly twenty years. Jacob managed to even pass high school just fine, and even attended a local community college to receive an associate's in Business Administration. Shortly after receiving his degree, Jacob began to seek for jobs but unfortunately the job market at the time seemed quite bleak and thus made things seem more competitive. Apathy began to settle in, and Jacob decided to just take up odd jobs here and there to support himself and his family. In his late twenties, he had thoughts of moving away from Texas and figured going back to Los Santos might be better for himself. He just wasn't feeling Texas anymore.

At the age of 29, Jacob packed up and rode across the country to Los Santos on his motorcycle. He rented out a dinky apartment in the Temple district, but after a few months he decided to call it quits and seek for something with more solitude, cheaper rent and an overall nicer vibe. He found Fort Carson, and decided to settle there in a more spacious and cheaper apartment. For a few years Jacob worked with a local logistics company, although over time the company became very dysfunctional and eventually collapsed. This led Jacob to seek for a new job. He found himself associating with the Los Payasos Motorcycle Club, a local motorcycle gang and began to befriend many of its members. This led him to receiving a job at their bar, and eventually paving his way into the prospective stage. After a few months that consisted of tiredness and hard work, the Payasos voted to bring him in as a full-fledged member.

As a patched member, Jacob has goals to improve the clubs strength, image and prominence in the criminal underworld of San Andreas. While having this objective, he also wants to develop a way to gain clean, monetary income. Jacob has had several years of experience in the past in kick boxing and muay thai as a younger male, and in the past few months he began to make his way back into training. Given this experience, Jacob feels that teaching others how to fight would be a great way to make money, teach self-defense tactics as well as to promote a healthy lifestyle, discipline and respect.

Ingame level: 16

What type of roleplayer are you? (Cop/Gang/Mafia/Gov/Civilian): Gang/Motorcycle Club Member.

How do you plan to treat the instructor job(Roleplaying/giving it out/training)?:
The actual training will be very involved and reasonably somewhat time-consuming. The point is to make the player(s) feel that they have actually learned how to box, rather than just blatantly being given the fighting style after some half-assed training session.

In order to reach out to possible clientele, I would utilize the advertisement system to post ads regarding my service in teaching boxing lessons/self-defense. After informing everyone to wear training/gym attire, getting them gathered at a specific training area (such as the Ganton gym, outdoor recreation center at the beach etc..), I would get to know each person, have the other students greet each other and generally just make everyone feel comfortable and welcome. This is pretty run-of-the-mill stuff in real life too. After all the chit-chat is said and done, warm-ups begin.

Warm-ups will consist of jogging around the gym for ~3 minutes. It will then proceed with sets of push-ups, sit-ups and lunges, all being done interchangeably and in rotations. That would take ~5-7 minutes. The purpose of this is to get everyone's muscles all stretched out for the actual boxing part. A 1-2 minute water break will commence after warm-up. Then, all the gloves will come on for everybody. After the water break, I will demonstrate by myself how to get into proper stance. Typically this is made up of either the left or right foot being slightly put out, and either arm being a bit extended forward - all while having them held close to the body and the chin in an upwards position. After demonstration I will have each student present themselves in getting into stance. This is the easy part of the training session and typically should not take more than five minutes. Once everyone has gotten the hang of the stance, I will then demonstrate the boxing punches. These include the jab, the hook/cross, uppercut and the slip. In my case, all punches will be executed upon a boxing bag. Presenting and teaching the students on how to throw these punches (mainly on a boxing bag, although sparring with gear won't be out of the question) and where on a person they should be landed on, will most likely take up 10-15 minutes of the session. I find that this is the most crucial part of it, so plenty of time should be given so that the players understand how to role play boxing someone in the event that they need and/or want to. It shouldn't always consist of spamming the punch button, I want players to come out of the session with the ability to relay the knowledge they've attained from me and have it influence their role play.

After the students have gotten the hang of how to throw the aforementioned boxing moves, I will demonstrate - with the help of a student - on how to guard. The form of guarding is essentially made up of holding your arms and gloves upright, close to your face and torso, so that incoming damage is left to as much minimal impact as possible. In the event of the session, I would have another player execute what he has learned upon myself while I maintain a guard. This is to show the others how important it is, how it protects important body parts and how it can serve as an advantage by tiring the other fighter out so that a counter-attack can be made. This portion of the session will take ~10 minutes.

After that, a 1-3 minute water break so that students can relax and cool down before the next portion of the session.

Speaking of the next portion, it will mainly consist consist of sparring. But first, I will demonstrate how to duck. Ducking is very simple, and involves either a bend to avoid a punch to the upper region, or a swift move to the left or the right; depending on the direction of the opponents punch. I'm most likely going to have another player help me demonstrate this. Once that is said and done, I will command that everyone pair up with another student. If numbers aren't sufficient, I will still step in to do my part. When everyone is paired up and in their gear (gloves and head gear for extra protection), I will have them spar at each other, emphasizing what they've learned prior in the session and applying them in this situation. Sparring should take about 10-15 minutes. Note that the usage of shadow boxing commands will obviously be utilized in these instances, as I don't want to force any scriptwise fighting and the potential for someone to get BW'ed.

When all is said and done, and everyone has presented themselves capable of having the ability to box, payments will be made and the fighting styles will be given out (scriptwise) to those who rightfully deserve it - meaning, those who had a half-ass approach to the training session probably will not receive the style. I'm not saying I want to be super-extra selective, but if players want to treat it as an OOC ticket to the fighting style, it's not gonna happen. But then again, with the way I've designed my training session here, I highly, highly doubt denials will occur (for the most part).

Every fighting style you give out will give out to a warning to all the admins & testers online so abusing will be caught on the spot. Abusing the side-job will get you punished for however long or much the staff member feels would be necessary. You must /leavejob upon namechanging or if you were removed due to inactivity or other reason. Sign your name if you are competent enough to handle this side-job and will not abuse: Jacob Morales / lupus est

Note: My last fighting instructor application was denied by Superb two weeks ago. I PM'ed him about it and he told me to re-apply in two weeks (which is now) if I amended an error and maintained my ajail record, which in the past wasn't the best. Well I've managed to do this, and I'm still quite keen to become a fighting instructor and create more role playing opportunities for other players outside of my faction.

Flemwad
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: [Boxing Instructor] Jacob Morales [D]

Post by Flemwad » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:01 pm

ImageWe're sorry to inform you but your application has been denied.

We have decided that you are not fit for the side-job for the following reason(s)
  • Doesn't meet requirements, PM me if concerned

Return to “Archive”