Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Harrison_Kelly

[Fighting Instructor] Jacob Morales [D]

Post by lupus est » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:00 am

Which fighting instructor sidejob do you want?: Boxer Instructor

Ingame name: Jacob_Morales

Ingame age: 31

Character's story(You can use the story from your application):
Jacob Morales was born and raised in the neighborhood of El Corona, Los Santos - a neighborhood rampant with crime and gang activity. Jacob has lived around gang members and petty criminals, and was often targeted to due his small stature when he was a teenager. Bullies picked on him, beat him up and robbed him on occasion. In high school, Jacob went through quite the growth spurt, growing to a height of 6 foot 3 inches his junior year. Around this time, Jacob decided it would be wise to take up fighting lessons. He enlisted in a local boxing program in Downtown, Los Santos and by the time college came around, Jacob was quite the capable fighter. He continued his hobby of fighting well into community college, where he graduated with an associate's degree in Business Administration.

After graduating, Jacob took over his fathers taco food truck, in a time where the food truck scene was huge and seemingly promised a fine income. He made quite a lot of money for a few years with the food truck, however when Jacob was 24 his food truck was lit ablaze due to a major malfunction within the engine compartment of the truck. This absolutely ruined Jacob. He has since been left to carry out doing odd jobs and on occasion, even resorting to criminal activity such as committing armed robberies, burglaries and even selling marijuana. When Jacob was 28, he moved to Fort Carson due to the gentrification and rising rent prices in Los Santos. Jacob wanted a town that was close to Las Venturas so that he can gamble and have fun, all while having the benefit of cheaper rent, gas and more.

At the age of 30, Jacob started to hang around the Los Payasos Motorcycle Club, a one-percenter group based in Fort Carson. He began to befriend many of the clubs members, and eventually the president of the club took him in as a prospect after realizing the strong interest to join. Jacob is now currently going through the probationary stage of becoming a full-fledged member of the club, and he is in a tight situation to gather money for future expenses. Jacob feels that teaching boxing to interested clientele would be a great way to develop a clean monetary income, and he hopes to establish his footing as a well-reputed instructor. Considering his past experience in fighting, he feels that this would be a wise move.

Ingame level: 14

What type of roleplayer are you? (Cop/Gang/Mafia/Gov/Civilian): Gang/Motorcycle Club Prospect.

How do you plan to treat the instructor job(Roleplaying/giving it out/training)?:
The actual training will be very involved and reasonably somewhat time-consuming. The point is to make the player(s) feel that they have actually learned how to box, rather than just blatantly being given the fighting style after some half-assed training session.

To begin with, I plan on having the training sessions take place in the Verona Mall gym (located on the second level). This is to ensure that no serious crimes occur seeing as it is a safezone - not to mention the fact that it's perfect for this type of role play.

In order to reach out to possible clientele, I would utilize the advertisement system to post ads regarding my service in teaching boxing lessons/self-defense. After informing everyone to wear training/gym attire, getting them gathered at the Verona Mall (or wherever else depending on IC circumstances), I would get to know each person, have the other students greet each other and generally just make everyone feel comfortable and welcome. This is pretty run-of-the-mill stuff in real life too. After all the chit-chat is said and done, warm-ups begin.

Warm-ups will consist of jogging around the gym for ~3 minutes. It will then proceed with sets of push-ups, sit-ups and lunges, all being done interchangeably and in rotations. That would take ~5-7 minutes. The purpose of this is to get everyone's muscles all stretched out for the actual boxing part. A 1-2 minute water break will commence after warm-up. Then, all the gloves will come on for everybody. After the water break, I will demonstrate by myself how to get into proper stance. Typically this is made up of either the left or right foot being slightly put out, and either arm being a bit extended forward - all while having them held close to the body and the chin in an upwards position. After demonstration I will have each student present themselves in getting into stance. This is the easy part of the training session and typically should not take more than five minutes. Once everyone has gotten the hang of the stance, I will then demonstrate the boxing punches. These include the jab, the hook/cross, uppercut and the slip. In my case, all punches will be executed upon a boxing bag. Presenting and teaching the students on how to throw these punches (mainly on a boxing bag, although sparring with gear won't be out of the question) and where on a person they should be landed on, will most likely take up 10-15 minutes of the session. I find that this is the most crucial part of it, so plenty of time should be given so that the players understand how to role play boxing someone in the event that they need and/or want to. It shouldn't always consist of spamming the punch button, I want players to come out of the session with the ability to relay the knowledge they've attained from me and have it influence their role play.

After the students have gotten the hang of how to throw the aforementioned boxing moves, I will demonstrate - with the help of a student - on how to guard. The form of guarding is essentially made up of holding your arms and gloves upright, close to your face and torso, so that incoming damage is left to as much minimal impact as possible. In the event of the session, I would have another player execute what he has learned upon myself while I maintain a guard. This is to show the others how important it is, how it protects important body parts and how it can serve as an advantage by tiring the other fighter out so that a counter-attack can be made. This portion of the session will take ~10 minutes.

After that, a 1-3 minute water break so that students can relax and cool down before the next portion of the session.

Speaking of the next portion, it will mainly consist consist of sparring. But first, I will demonstrate how to duck. Ducking is very simple, and involves either a bend to avoid a punch to the upper region, or a swift move to the left or the right; depending on the direction of the opponents punch. I'm most likely going to have another player help me demonstrate this. Once that is said and done, I will command that everyone pair up with another student. If numbers aren't sufficient, I will still step in to do my part. When everyone is paired up and in their gear (gloves and head gear for extra protection), I will have them spar at each other, emphasizing what they've learned prior in the session and applying them in this situation. Sparring should take about 10-15 minutes. Note that the usage of shadow boxing commands will obviously be utilized in these instances, as I don't want to force any scriptwise fighting and the potential for someone to get BW'ed.

When all is said and done, and everyone has presented themselves capable of having the ability to box, payments will be made and the fighting styles will be given out (scriptwise) to those who rightfully deserve it - meaning, those who had a half-ass approach to the training session probably will not receive the style. I'm not saying I want to be super-extra selective, but if players want to treat it as an OOC ticket to the fighting style, it's not gonna happen. But then again, with the way I've designed my training session here, I highly, highly doubt denials will occur (for the most part).

Every fighting style you give out will give out to a warning to all the admins & testers online so abusing will be caught on the spot. Abusing the side-job will get you punished for however long or much the staff member feels would be necessary. You must /leavejob upon namechanging or if you were removed due to inactivity or other reason. Sign your name if you are competent enough to handle this side-job and will not abuse: Jacob Morales / lupus est

Explanation of ajail history: You will see that my most recent ajails have been a month ago, whereas the ones before occurred two years ago. As for the recent ban, that was quickly reversed when I spoke with the admin and explained to him that I still had a banned character (that was banned ages ago), and how I failed to mention that particular one in my last ban appeal. Since my last ajail (which I even admitted to upon realizing that it was wrong of me to do so), I've been following the rules very well and haven't even dealt with kicks. In addition I show my commitment to this game and how I treat it the way it's supposed to be treated. I'm perfectly capable of following the rules right now and try to keep myself up to date on them on an occasional basis. Hopefully at this point I've met the criteria of consideration. If not, I intend on resubmitting this application given that I still maintain my current administrative record.

quick edit: typo

lupus est
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Harrison_Kelly

Re: [Fighting Instructor] Jacob Morales

Post by lupus est » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 am

Bump. It's about to be one week and no response has been made, while applications made much longer after this are being processed with no hitches. Clearly unfair to the players.

Superb
Head of Companies
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Re: [Fighting Instructor] Jacob Morales [D]

Post by Superb » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:44 pm

We're sorry to inform you but your application has been denied.

We have decided that you are not fit for the side-job for the following reason(s)
  • Doesn't meet requirements, PM me if concerned.
Jerry Lance
Former Secretary of State
Loay Lorenzo
Lorenzo High-End Apartments, Downtown

Return to “Archive”