[Kung Fu Instructor] Andres Guevera [A]

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Ignoto101
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[Kung Fu Instructor] Andres Guevera [A]

Post by Ignoto101 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:02 pm

Which fighting instructor sidejob do you want?: Kung Fu Instructor.

Ingame name: Andres Guevera.

Ingame age: 25.

Character's story(You can use the story from your application):

Andres Guevera is a 25-year-old Latin American male. He hails from Patagonia, Argentina, and has been traveling all around the world, gaining influences from different cultures all over the world. During his travels, he spent some of his time in China at a temple, learning the art of Kung Fu and other Chinese martial arts, trying to find his inner self and peace. After months of rigorous training, Andres was completely hooked on the art of Kung Fu.

In addition to being to China, Andres has also visited countries like France, Germany, Thailand, Laos, Japan, and the United States (namely, New York, Florida, and Los Santos.) Besides Kung Fu, Andres also loves music dearly and is an avid guitar player.

Andres came to Los Santos to see the local culture and also to gain more influences and experiences. He has been living in a local hotel for a few weeks now and is getting used to his new surroundings. As an experienced traveler, Andres has had no problems with accustoming himself to the local culture. He is now looking to find employment with prominent employers, and dreams of becoming a licensed Kung Fu instructor in the State of San Andreas.

Ingame level: 47.

What type of roleplayer are you? (Cop/Gang/Mafia/Gov/Civilian) Civilian.

How do you plan to treat the instructor job(Roleplaying/giving it out/training)?

I plan to go into as much detail as I possibly can with teaching people Kung Fu. I have studied martial arts in real life (Aikido and Hanmoodo) and can safely say that I am quite experienced in things related to martial arts. The proper stances, different kicks, punches, and maneuvers are all very familiar to me.

I would intend to open up a small business and offer my services to other players via advertising. I would go to a local gym (either the one in Verona Beach or the mall) and take my students there for practice. Each session would last for about forty-five minutes and contain several different forms of practice, including different techniques for fighting, how to maintain and control the opponent, how to maintain a proper stance while fighting, different kicks and punches, and other maneuvers. The aforementioned maneuvers would be role-played using animations in-game.

I would also teach players how to use different equipment during the training, such as striking dummies, re-breakable boards, thai pads, and heavy bags to name a few.

Everything would obviously be recorded accordingly and later posted in this thread for proof of proper role-play. I would not conduct my sessions hastily because martial arts are so close to my heart in real life. I would intend to do this job with passion and compassion, and with the sole intent of providing players with awesome role-play.

A standard training session would look like the following:

1. Warm-up

Just general cardio, running around the mattress, doing some push-ups and jumping jacks just to get the juices flowing.

2. General practice with a partner

I would assign partners for all the attendees, provided that there were multiple attendees involved. If not, I would simply give a private lesson to some lucky person and go even more in-depth with the secret of martial arts. As I had partnered up the attendees, I would ask one of the attendees to come up to me and demonstrate simple punches or kicks, or other maneuvers with him or her. I would then have the person return to their partner and ask the partners to follow my example.

Once every pair had done enough sparring of the same kind, I would demonstrate another movement and have the pairs try it themselves again. The same would continue for at least five different techniques, if not even more, as the lesson would be a one-time ticket to obtaining the fighting style. Obviously if players were interested in attending further lessons, I could mix things up a little bit and teach different skills every time.

3. Solo practice

Occasionally, I would teach the attendees skills that did not require a partner to learn, such as somersaults, jumping techniques, falling techniques, and the use of some basic weapons (if possible.) I would first demonstrate the technique myself and then have the attendees follow my example, just like with general practice with a partner. The only difference would be that the attendees would no longer be paired up.

Solo practice would also consist of attaining the inner peace and serenity, lessons of Tai Chi and other forms of meditation. This would basically be towards the end of the session, and all attendees could just take a moment to breath and contemplate, as is custom in martial arts.

4. Finishing up

When the session came to its end, I would offer the appropriate fighting styles to the persons who had participated in the session. I would also hold a brief speech and thank all the attendees.

So, that's about it. The content of the sessions would obviously very depending on my mood and the day, but everything else would be pretty much the same and according to the standards set up by the community and the rules.

Moves and techniques

As I've been asked by a tester to go more in-depth regarding the different moves and techniques that I would teach my students, I will list some of them here.

First of all, as most of my students were presumably beginners, I would start with the very basics of Shaolin Kung fu and Washu. As such, I would demonstrate some of the basic kicks and punches, such as the thrust punch, in which the person aims for the opponent with their dominant hand and thrusts it into their general direction. There's also the upward-cannon punch, where the person launches their fist upon the opponent from below, to mimic a cannonball throw.

In addition to punches, there are several counters that I would teach. Counter attacks would be executed by gripping the opponent and bringing them to the ground, using a sinking punch for better effect.

Then there are a wide array of different moves in Shaolin kung fu. I'll outline them next. One of the most common moves is the Dragon, in which one glares at their opponent and shapes their hand into a dragon claw. The person then bends themselves forward in a 90-degree angle and goes for the attack. Upon attacking the opponent, one has to flick their wrist and dig their fingers into the opponent's muscles or tendons. The opponent is then finished off by kicking him in a zigzag motion in vulnerable parts of their body.

Another common move is the Snake, in which the person bends their body backwards and raises their head up to strike their opponent. The arms are then stretched out to prepare for the attack. When attacking the opponent, the arms are used to push or hack the opponent, depending on the situation.

The Tiger is yet another common move. A very simple and effective method, the person executing the Tiger would target the opponent's throat while keeping all of one's strength at their core by keeping their balance. Obviously attacks aimed for the throat would only be done with proper instruction. However, learning the move would be vital for any enthusiastic kung fu fighter.

There would be several other moves that I would also teach, including the Leopard and the Crane, but the amount of moves taught would really depend on the amount of time at hand during each session. I don't imagine being able to teach a dozen different moves during one session due to the time constraints. However, I would intend to mix these up a little bit during each session, giving a sense of diversity during each and every session to keep the sessions more interesting.

I hope what I've outlined above will be satisfactory enough. I haven't really seen too many kung fu instructors in-game, hence I would like to introduce the art of kung fu into the play and get more players familiarized with martial arts in-general. Kung fu itself is just an umbrella term for many different forms of Chinese martial arts, but I would mostly focus on Shaolin kung fu as I have demonstrated above.

Every fighting style you give out will give out to a warning to all the admins & testers online so abusing will be caught on the spot. Abusing the side-job will get you punished for however long or much the staff member feels would be necessary. You must /leavejob upon namechanging or if you were removed due to inactivity or other reason. Sign your name if you are competent enough to handle this side-job and will not abuse: Andres Guevera.
Last edited by Ignoto101 on Tue May 30, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superb
Head of Companies
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Re: [Kung Fu Instructor] Andres Guevera [P]

Post by Superb » Tue May 30, 2017 5:07 pm

We need a little more!
  • It has come to our attention that your application doesn't necessarily meet the acceptance requirements/standards.
    You have 72 hours to fix these issues
    • Please elaborate in depth some of the moves that you would be teaching to your students.
Jerry Lance
Former Secretary of State
Loay Lorenzo
Lorenzo High-End Apartments, Downtown

Ignoto101
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [Kung Fu Instructor] Andres Guevera [P]

Post by Ignoto101 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:11 pm

I don't know if I'm supposed to bump the thread to notify you, but I've edited the thread with the required additions.

Superb
Head of Companies
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Re: [Kung Fu Instructor] Andres Guevera [A]

Post by Superb » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:48 pm

We're happy to announce your application has been accepted!
  • Congratulations on being accepted, please contact an Admin in-game via /re to obtain the job.
  • Remember to /leavesidejob when you namechange or no longer wish to have the side-job anymore.
  • Please let us know if you CK or NC by posting here or sending a PM
  • Remember you're require to post in this application log every time you give out the fightstyle to the player using the format below.
REQUIRED LOG FORMAT:

Code: Select all

[b]Player given fightstyle:[/b]
[b]Date/Time fightstyle given:[/b]
[b]Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay[/b] (screenshots)
Jerry Lance
Former Secretary of State
Loay Lorenzo
Lorenzo High-End Apartments, Downtown

Ignoto101
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ignoto101 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:03 am

Player given fightstyle: Jason Mullins. Date/Time fightstyle given: 03.06.2017, at 12:02 AM. Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay http://imgur.com/a/XSuSm

Player given fightstyle: Prestine Valencia. Date/Time fightstyle given: 03.06.2017, at 12:02 AM. Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay http://imgur.com/a/XSuSm

Ignoto101
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ignoto101 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Player given fightstyle: Mai Kimura. Date/Time fightstyle given: 5.6.2017 at around 19:31. Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay http://imgur.com/a/kWQuD

Ignoto101
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ignoto101 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:41 am

(( I've decided to name-change the character and, as such, stopped working as a kung fu instructor. Thank you. ))

Flemwad
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Flemwad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:20 am

Name-changed and no longer an instructor.

Return to “Archive”