Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

reality_enb
Hood Favorite.
Hood Favorite.

[Detective Job] Makayla_Owens [A]

Post by reality_enb » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 am

[pre]THE DETECTIVE JOB[/pre]
- THIS PROCESS IS ENTIRELY OUT-OF-CHARACTER -

Applying for the job does not guarantee that you will get it. Following the recent revisions made to the detective job, the job itself is no longer accessible by every player in the server. In an effort to ensure that the role-play surrounding private investigations - be it on a legal or illegal front - is rewarding for those involved & that the niche field of role-play is given the attention it deserves, the job is only open to those who are going to use it as a primary means of role-play. If you do not intend on doing so, do not bother posting this application as we will not struggle to recognise those who want the job for genuine purposes and those that do not.
  • In-Game Name: Makayla_Owens
    Level: 3

Are you currently role-playing with a faction?: No
    • If yes, which?: N/A
    • If yes, how does investigative role-play relate to your role within said faction?:N/A
    Why do you want the detective job?: I want this job because I've been doing the same thing over and over on LS-RP and I want a change. On other RP servers I've had experience being a Detective and I know some basics when it comes to handling things in a detective's point of view. I am still researching some things I don't know and I think this job will help me construct my character IC and learn things I didn't know, so I can progress as time flies. I haven't really done anything enforcement-related on this server but I think it would be a great opportunity for me.

I would use this chance to really turn myself around RP wise and use this opportunity to experience something new other than the other RP I'm used to doing. On other RP servers it really wasn't as detailed and organized as the LSRP version, which is another reason of why I decided to apply. Like I said before, during this time I will research the things I don't know and apply them for my uses for this job if I get it. I work well in a team and it should be a fun and an enjoyable experience overall. I will also make sure that other characters on the server get the RP that they deserve to based off the crime/act that they’ve committed. This will also give me an opportunity to experience other characters and how they act and carry themselves IC.

Character wise, she will construct a plan to figure out how she wants to carry herself during her job. She wants to make sure that she is on the legal side and not the illegal side. This will prevent her from getting into the trouble that she really doesn't need and progress as time flies. This plan will help her develop in a positive way and keep her moving through her life time. She will solve many cases and eventually get promotions down the line if she continues in that field. This will be a positive outcome for me and my character because this would be a big turn around for her as I mentioned earlier, and being in this field will be a lot of fun and it will bring in a lot of information that she needs to be successful as I mentioned before.

How do you intend on using the detective job?: Well, If I do get the job I will follow the rules IC as a detective would in the real world and I will not abuse what is offered script wise. If there is a situation that I need to handle, I will follow the correct protocols and take the situation seriously as a detective would in a real-world situation. I will also apply this job into my character needs and how she wants to go about doing it. This will also give my character a new point of view in things so that she can adapt to her environment and connect with people accordingly and safely. This will help her construct friendships with other detectives so that she can get the training and information she needs in order for her to be successful. Being extremely cautious will be her top priority as well and being focused at all times is necessary. Items that are offered IC and script wise would be treated accordingly and will not abuse.

There are different gadgets that will be used in character and not abused for any reason.(Listed Below.)

Drones- These will only be used for surveillance and to help insure that my character will be in a safe environment and not into any risk zones. A drone can be controlled from a van and can also contribute to my character being safe in any type of environment.

Moles- This is also a great component for my characters RP. This will give me the opportunity to look further into suspects (With their permission of course). They can be easily placed in vehicles and lower the risk of my character being in danger.

Wires- This is a very important feature. Wires can help me hear in on things, so I wouldn’t have to get close to a specific person. It would be very useful when dealing with a group or a certain person who might be dangerous or knows certain things.

Trackers-This is probably one of the most important tools since its pretty easy and It relieves a lot of stress. They can be easily placed on a suspects' vehicle when they are away from it, and they can be easily tracked down whether on the move or in a specific location. I would also like to add that active phone numbers can be traced as well.

Anything that I will be giving IC will be rp'd correctly and not mistreated. I will use these specific devices and other things that are given to me only for research and job related purposes. I will also gain evidence and other materials at a crime scene when needed for each individual. This will give me a boost during my characters time and help me understand overall of how to be a detective. Like I said previously, I am still getting some things down that I need to know but I know most of the basics of this job. I will also take the chance In Character to research and figure out the things that my character is missing to make her job easier in the long run. If I do get accepted, this chance will give me an overall turn around of my overall RP since I can learn a few things during my time as a detective.

When the time comes while I’m a detective I want to rent out a small place for business. In this place of business I can slowly transform it into what I want to for detective work only and a place where I can sit and relax in. This will also help me build role play by meeting with people that were involved in crimes and sort things out in this place. As I said before, I will slowly transform it into what would be a perfect match for my character and overall a nice place for handling things as such.

Should you be given the job, be aware that any misuse of its features will result in significant repercussions. If at any point you name-change, be it by choice or as a result of a character kill, you must /leavejob. Failure to do so may potentially result in repercussions too.
Last edited by reality_enb on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 am, edited 16 times in total.
Mop the floor, hide the wet sign just to catch em slippin

BreaDough
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jeffrey_Schmidt

Re: [Detective Job] Makayla_Owens

Post by BreaDough » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 am

We need a little more!
  • It has come to our attention that your application doesn't necessarily meet the acceptance requirements/standards.
    You have 72 hours to fix these issues
    • Put more effort into both essay questions. We are looking for more details, such as the background of your character and how you would provide role-play for other players and details of your research on what a detective does in real life.
    • There are grammatical and spelling errors that need to be corrected throughout the application.

reality_enb
Hood Favorite.
Hood Favorite.

Re: [Detective Job] Makayla_Owens

Post by reality_enb » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:18 pm

BreaDough wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 am
We need a little more!
  • It has come to our attention that your application doesn't necessarily meet the acceptance requirements/standards.
    • Put more effort into both essay questions. We are looking for more details, such as the background of your character and how you would provide role-play for other players and details of your research on what a detective does in real life.
    • There are grammatical and spelling errors that need to be corrected throughout the application.

Revised and corrected all or most of the grammar and spelling issues where the fixes were needed I hope.(It was kinda late at night when I was typing lol my bad)

BreaDough
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [Detective Job] Makayla_Owens [P]

Post by BreaDough » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 am

We need a little more!
    • The responses to the essay questions still have grammatical errors.
    • Elaborate more on what your character plans to do if she were to obtain the job and how that plan may evolve over time.

reality_enb
Hood Favorite.
Hood Favorite.

Post by reality_enb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:01 am

BreaDough wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 am
We need a little more!
    • The responses to the essay questions still have grammatical errors.
    • Elaborate more on what your character plans to do if she were to obtain the job and how that plan may evolve over time.
I hope this isn't a form of bumping, but I've fixed the things that were listed and elaborated on what my character would do.

BreaDough
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by BreaDough » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 am

Your detective job application has been accepted!
  • What now?
    • Make a /re in-game explaining that your job application was accepted and that you need it to be given to you.
    • Ensure that you're familiar with the rules outlined in the application.
I have a question!

Return to “Archive”