[Boxing Instructor] Roy Shimoda [A]

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[Boxing Instructor] Roy Shimoda [A]

Post by Captain Marty » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Which fighting instructor sidejob do you want?: Boxer Instructor.

Ingame name: Roy Shimoda.

Ingame age: 24.

Character's story(You can use the story from your application):

Roy Shimoda was born back in 1991 on the 29th of July to Florence and Jimmy Shimoda in Miami, Florida. Jimmy Shimoda and Florence were earning their living off by scamming people. Despite Jimmy and Florence's low petty crimes, their child was sent to a good school and was given a good education at home. Jimmy was running an online website with fake items he was putting up for sale and upon receiving the money into his bank account he would have shut down the website and continue with another, meanwhilst Florence was doing it in real life, throughout malls and shops.

Growing up with such parents, at some point started taking Roy Shimoda off the good paths and pull him into his parents' job. Jimmy and Florence were using their child for different types of scammings and petty crimes. Jimmy's brother, Rudy, who was living himself in Miami, Florida aswell has found out of the happenings and decided to pull Roy Shimoda away from their parents and raise him on his own, threatening Jimmy and Florence he's going to call the police otherwise.

Roy has spent his childhood around car parts in his uncle's backyard garage he was using to earn some money. Roy slowly started to develop a passion for cars and was learning from Rudy, his uncle. Roy's life was spent between cars, school and gym, where he would kill some time and learn how to defense himself. During his teenage years, Roy was helping his uncle a lot in the backyard garage and they were both bringing good money in the house by working on their clients' cars together.

Everything has changed one day when Roy Shimoda's parents were caught and arrested by the police, sentenced to seven years in prison. Rudy and Roy were devastated and didn't know what to do. They spent their savings on lawyers, but there was no chance for Jimmy and Florence to get out of there. Rudy has thought of Roy's future and decided to sell the house and move in to Los Santos, San Andreas where he had a childhood friend of his, who was runnin his own garage and promised a bright future for the duo.

Ingame level: 9.

What type of roleplayer are you? (Cop/Gang/Mafia/Gov/Civilian) Civilian.

How do you plan to treat the instructor job(Roleplaying/giving it out/training)?

I plan on using the boxing instructor job to train other players and hopefully develop into something bigger in the future. Using this opportunity to further extend my character's development suits me and I'm eager to see where this going to drag me in character, because if you're using this job properly you can find yourself roleplaying with a lot of players and that would help you further in your development.

The training will begin with a introduction to the box from the instructor and then proceed with the client's warm up before the actual training. Client will be informed of how much the warm up matters, therefore the extensive workout. I plan on introducing my clients with the basic things in box such as the boxing stance for instance. I'll teach the client having his front toe and back heel on the center line, with his dominant hand in the back and have his weight distributed evently across both legs with his knees slightly bent. Feet diagonal, little wider than shoulder width apart and back heel raised. After I see that the client does these things properly, I will guide him having his elbows down and hands up with his head behind the gloves I will give him, havin his chin sligthly down and eyes to see over the gloves.

After I taught my client of the boxing stance, I will guide him over the basic step-drag, explaining him that this stepping and dragging boxing footwork technique ensures that the weight is grounded and always ready to attack or defend, also preventing you from walking or crossing your feet which can make you fall of balance. I'll teach the client that if he wants to go forward or left, he has to step with his left foot first and then drag the right foot after and in order to go backward or right, he has to step with his right foot first and then drag the left foot after. One of the tips I will give out is that to finish all steps with his feet at the same distance.

The pivot movement is another important boxing footwork technique that I will teach my client which is usually done by pivoting off the front foot and use it defensively to avoid attacks or offensively to find new punching angles. A pivot will be useful for counter-punchin by taking out the harm's way and keep you in range to throw counter punches is what I will tell the client. I will teach him pivoting clockwise by swinging his right foot and letting the body pivot over the left foot, havin him taught small pivots that range from 45 to 90 degrees and big pivots that range from 90 to 180 degrees.

Upon completing the steps above with my client, I'll teach him the basic punchin techniques. For the beggining, we'll start with a relaxed position and exhaling as punches are thrown. I'll teach the client to tighten the fist and body muscles at the impact and release his hand back to himself. For a beginner, the most important thin is to learn the proper punching from and then later on he'll be able to throw many different variations of punches from different angles and develop his own technique to fit himself. I'll inform my client that the trick is to utilize his entire body weight behind the punch without falling off balance.

Some of the basic punching tips I will inform my client of would be that turning the whole body and pivoting the feet on all punches except the jab increases his impact. Some of the things I will teach them is maintaining the stance and balance for bettwer power and mobility as well as exhaling sharply on every impact.

Teaching them of the jabs will be done theoretical and practical. I'll tell them that the jab is the most important punch in boxing as it can attack, defend, counter, score points and make space. It's the longest, fastest punch and uses the least energy of your body. Keeping the rest of their body still, extending their dominant fist straight forward for the impact. Exhaling sharply as the punch and rotating their fist to land with the palm down, pulling the hand back immediately after the impact to defend theirself.

After teaching them all the above, I'll go with the hooks and teach them to pivot their feet clockwise at about 90 degrees as they drop the right heel and lift the left heel, having their body rotating as one solid block when they pivot their feet and have their arm tighten as they swing their fist into the target. Walking them through the basic punch combinations like a jab to head, then right cross to the head and then a left hook to the body will be also one of the things I'll teach them to do.

I'll also teach my clients of how to block head punches, body punches and some defense tips such as covering theirself instead of chasing the punch, keeping their eyes on opponent and staying balanced to easily defend the punches.

Every fighting style you give out will give out to a warning to all the admins & testers online so abusing will be caught on the spot. Abusing the side-job will get you punished for however long or much the staff member feels would be necessary. You must /leavejob upon namechanging or if you were removed due to inactivity or other reason. Sign your name if you are competent enough to handle this side-job and will not abuse: Roy Shimoda // Captain Marty.
RETIRED TESTER. No longer playing. Contact me via private message.

Cole
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [Boxing Instructor] Roy Shimoda

Post by Cole » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:16 pm

We're happy to announce your application has been accepted!
  • Congratulations on being accepted, please contact an Admin in-game via /re to obtain the job.
  • Remember to /leavesidejob when you namechange or no longer wish to have the side-job anymore.
  • Please let us know if you CK or NC by posting here or sending a PM
  • Remember you're require to post in this application log every time you give out the fightstyle to the player using the format below.

REQUIRED LOG FORMAT:

Player given fightstyle:
Date/Time fightstyle given:
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay (screenshots)

Apophis
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: popposito x dai lo

Re: [Boxing Instructor] Roy Shimoda [A]

Post by Apophis » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:31 pm

Set in-game.
apophis x plastic x junipero x dogs x leispang x gwb x kirby x zulu x oliver x retina x limpone x sao x bd x redboy x lunar x loud pack x mrm x m1 x taxi x bigs

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-H8 Image

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Player given fightstyle: Rameir West, Danil Barguzinskiy, Walter McCain, Reginald Tiller.
Date/Time fightstyle given: 20:03, 20:47, 21:11, 21:26 // 03/02/2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay (screenshots): https://imgur.com/a/pxJZC

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:34 pm

Player given fightstyle: Eden Hamilton, Tariel Ioseliani, Malkhaz Kaladze.
Date/Time fightstyle given: 19:05, 20:00 // 04/02/2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay (screenshots): https://imgur.com/a/8TTAO

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:37 am

Player given fightstyle: Niko Mikhailov, Thomas Ferrano, Dakota Hardie, Elise Devereaux, Thai Vo.
Date/Time fightstyle given: Throughout the whole day on 6th of February, 2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay: https://imgur.com/a/UMrEG

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:14 am

Player given fightstyle: Jacob Wang, Darnell Easton, Richard Tucker.
Date/Time fightstyle given: Throughout the whole day on 7th of February, 2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay: https://imgur.com/a/a1ns4

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:25 am

Player given fightstyle: Edward Deng.
Date/Time fightstyle given: 19:33 on the 8th of February, 2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay: https://imgur.com/a/TVS9x

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Player given fightstyle: Charles Battaglia, Dre Watson, Jim Bourne, Thaddeus Legar, Sonny Humphrey.
Date/Time fightstyle given Throughout the whole day of 9th of February, 2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay: https://imgur.com/a/7yet1

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:06 am

Player given fightstyle: Dave Freeman.
Date/Time fightstyle given: 10th of February, 18:24.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay: https://imgur.com/a/Vykha

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Player given fightstyle: Adrian Prince, Keantay Wilkins, Johan Medina.
Date/Time fightstyle given: Throughout the day of 11th of February, 2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay: https://imgur.com/a/bJK1u

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:03 am

Player given fightstyle: Alexander Montana.
Date/Time fightstyle given: 00:14/15th of February, 2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay: https://imgur.com/a/6aMi8

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Player given fightstyle: Moka Arifi, Bobby McWilliams.
Date/Time fightstyle given: 00:30/17th of February, 2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay: https://imgur.com/a/u20HT

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Player given fightstyle: Silas Maddrox.
Date/Time fightstyle given: 19:42 on 19th of February, 2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay: https://imgur.com/a/jQyoX

Captain Marty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Captain Marty » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Player given fightstyle: Robby McKnight.
Date/Time fightstyle given: 00:13 on 22nd of February, 2018.
Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay: https://imgur.com/a/3PT32

Return to “Archive”