[Detective Job] Austin Lockett [A]

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Lexis.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[Detective Job] Austin Lockett [A]

Post by Lexis. » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 pm

THE DETECTIVE JOB - THIS PROCESS IS ENTIRELY OUT-OF-CHARACTER -
Applying for the job does not guarantee that you will get it. Following the recent revisions made to the detective job, the job itself is no longer accessible by every player in the server. In an effort to ensure that the role-play surrounding private investigations - be it on a legal or illegal front - is rewarding for those involved & that the niche field of role-play is given the attention it deserves, the job is only open to those who are going to use it as a primary means of role-play. If you do not intend on doing so, do not bother posting this application as we will not struggle to recognise those who want the job for genuine purposes and those that do not.
  • In-Game Name: Austin Lockett.
    Level: 13.
    Are you currently role-playing with a faction?: No.
    • If yes, which?: N/A.
    • If yes, how does investigative role-play relate to your role within said faction?: N/A.

Why do you want the detective job?: I'd like to put purpose into an unused character of mine, Austin Lockett. He's supposed to be pretty old. That alone cuts through most of the roleplay the rest of the server enjoys. Take guarding and tending bars as an example. It'd be bluntly unrealistic for a character like Lockett's to grab a job of such kind. I thought it'd be a decent idea to get him started as a private investigator. Not many dedicated roleplayers decide to have themselves as detectives; law enforcement aside. I'm willing to put in my utmost and roleplay everything to best of my knowledge. I'll also make sure everything is documented on a thread for all to see and maybe have them inspired aswell. Such job is also ideal as it fulfills all the free time my character is sitting on right now. All equipment source will be documented and won't pop out of thin air. I only find this as an opportunity to have a boost in my character's development and finally have the proper fun and roleplay he's been made for.
    How do you intend on using the detective job?: I haven't really had this much interest in the scriptwise job, I had interest in the roleplay itself. Sadly though, it's now impossible to successfully investigate without the use of its commands and scriptwise perks. Private investigating is going to be Austin's way of life and occupation. I intend on using it as a way to facilitate the procedure of investigating. Maybe investigate into the case of certain people, groups or even factions themselves. I'll let development pave the way and won't plan who's going to be investigated. Austin will follow whatever's best money for him.
    And if we're talking how the commands are going to be used, here's how.

DRONE -> Operated from an RC Van; although I do not have an intention to use this feature as still, it is still useful to use when you'd like to track somebody who has experience on how moles and trackers work and are planted. A drone can be used to track a vehicle or a person from afar when you're too exposed to be following.
    TRACKERS -> These devices blip out where a car is headed incase you lose track yourself or get in a pursuit.
    WIRES -> This isn't used on the enemy himself. It's used on the investigator himself when he's gathering audio proof. The wires serve as an audio transmitter.
    MOLES -> This device is arguably the best way to investigate as you don't have to involve yourself but just need to plant a mole in that car.

Should you be given the job, be aware that any misuse of its features will result in significant repercussions. If at any point you name-change, be it by choice or as a result of a character kill, you must /leavejob. Failure to do so may potentially result in repercussions too.
Last edited by Lexis. on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hudson
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [Detective Job] Austin Lockett

Post by Hudson » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 pm

We need a little more!
  • It has come to our attention that your application doesn't necessarily meet the acceptance requirements/standards.
    You have 72 hours to fix these issues
    • Put more effort into both questions, we are looking for more details.

Lexis.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lexis. » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Will do tomorrow morning.

Lexis.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lexis. » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 am

Cantbehudson wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 pm
We need a little more!
Should be done.

Hudson
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Hudson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Your detective job application has been accepted!
  • What now?
    • Make a /re in-game explaining that your job application was accepted and that you need it to be given to you.
    • Ensure that you're familiar with the rules outlined in the application.
I have a question!

Return to “Archive”