Gangster
Gangster

[Kung Fu Instructor] Eric Kwan [A]

Post by Derpatory » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Which fighting instructor sidejob do you want?: Kung Fu Instructor

Ingame name: Eric Kwan

Ingame age: 25

Character's story(You can use the story from your application):
Eric Kwan was born in Hong Kong in 1992. His family immigrated to the United States shortly before the handover occurred. Kwan's family eventually went onto operating a small business in East Beach which Eric often helped at. Since childhood, Eric had an interest in martial arts and his father had him attend classes as a way to help keep him connected to his culture.
Eric was an exceptional pupil and took the training very seriously. As he got older, however, he started to fall into a bad crowd. He started taking uppers a lot and to feed that lifestyle he started boosting cars. Alongside his drug use, he also sold some as a means to support the habit. When he was 16 he was pinned for grand theft after selling stolen car parts. He was kept until the age of eighteen and during that time he placed a lot of focus on his training to pass time. After he was released he started to develop an interest in MMA and came to a realization that attaching to a single style was rigid. He started practicing Yiquan and in time would eventually return to China to train and compete in the semi-pro sanda circuit. After returning to the United States Kwan started teaching Wing Chun to supplement his income despite his personal rejection of styles.

Ingame level: 48

What type of roleplayer are you? (Cop/Gang/Mafia/Gov/Civilian) Petty criminal

How do you plan to treat the instructor job(Roleplaying/giving it out/training)?
I'm gonna follow the same structure I used for my beginner Wing Chun class on Hei Xiaomin. I'll have to use someone else's gym since I sold my old one.
viewtopic.php?f=689&t=593386
Spoiler: show
Day 1:
First, there will be an introduction to the principles of Wing Chun and a little about its history. I will also include how helpful it can be to a person's well-being.
I will explain that Wing Chun follows the center line theory (center mass) which has total influence over your actions in a fight. You must defend your center line and attack theirs. Attacks should try to weaken or hit the opponent's center line.
In Wing Chun, you must conserve energy. Wing Chun basically goes with the flow, you shouldn't exert much energy on rushing the opponent. Rather you should deflect and project their energy back on them.

Wing Chun has several forms which I'll introduce to the students by teaching the first one: Siu nim tao.

In terms of physical exercise, for the first day, we would be doing exercises that focus on the principles I listed above. I will also teach techniques to remain relaxed. To just be a little more specific in terms of exercises... We'd be using free weights and doing some lifts and lunges. Squats, jumping jacks, crunches, maybe some yoga asanas. I intend to switch these up to see which people like the most.

Day 2:
We will start learning Siu Nam Tao which is started by learning the open stance. Prior to this warm up exercises will be done. The key to this stance is understanding that in Wing Chun the body must be relaxed.
I will teach them how to do the open stance properly. After this, we can focus on using the student's energy and projecting it. Palm strikes will be done on air first then on dummies. From there we can move onto defensive techniques such as Pak Sau, Huen Sau, Tan Sau, Gan Sau, etc. This is done with both hands to ensure the student doesn't favor one side more than the other.

Day 3:
We will move onto Chum Kiu which focuses on footwork. This is where energy conservation is taught. I will teach the different types of techniques the students can use and emphasize that Wing Chun uses all limbs.
We'll move from more mobile techniques to deflecting an opponent's attack. Not only this but I will teach the students to move their body as a single unit rather than just doing a single strike.
From there we can focus on combining all these techniques together and do sparring. Based on the overall performance of the students throughout the class I will reward them with their first basic belt.

The course itself would probably be $5000 per session for an amount of $15,000 for the entry course.
As said before... I want to do the other ones for cheaper, they'll likely be more personalized as well. For that, it'd be about half the price.
I intend to not only do stuff related to Wing Chun, through this job I want to basically RP a general fitness instructor.

If students would like to continue their training past the job then I will have more advanced courses to teach higher forms of this martial art. These classes will not only focuses on hand to hand combat but melee weapons as well. Due to the laws, I can't teach all of them though at least legally.
Every fighting style you give out will give out to a warning to all the admins & testers online so abusing will be caught on the spot. Abusing the side-job will get you punished for however long or much the staff member feels would be necessary. You must /leavejob upon namechanging or if you were removed due to inactivity or other reason. Sign your name if you are competent enough to handle this side-job and will not abuse:

Superb
Head of Companies
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Re: [Kung Fu Instructor] Eric Kwan [P]

Post by Superb » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:46 am

We need a little more!
  • It has come to our attention that your application doesn't necessarily meet the acceptance requirements/standards.
    You have 72 hours to fix these issues
    • Leave the instructor job from your other character (Mui_Ting) in order to get your application processed.
Jerry Lance
Former Secretary of State
Loay Lorenzo
Lorenzo High-End Apartments, Downtown

Derpatory
Gangster
Gangster

Re: [Kung Fu Instructor] Eric Kwan [P]

Post by Derpatory » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 am

Did it.

Superb
Head of Companies
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Re: [Kung Fu Instructor] Eric Kwan [A]

Post by Superb » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:48 am

We're happy to announce your application has been accepted!
  • Congratulations on being accepted, please contact an Admin in-game via /re to obtain the job.
  • Remember to /leavesidejob when you namechange or no longer wish to have the side-job anymore.
  • Please let us know if you CK or NC by posting here or sending a PM
  • Remember you're require to post in this application log every time you give out the fightstyle to the player using the format below.
REQUIRED LOG FORMAT:

Code: Select all

[b]Player given fightstyle:[/b]
[b]Date/Time fightstyle given:[/b]
[b]Proof of IC method fightstyle roleplay[/b] (screenshots)
Jerry Lance
Former Secretary of State
Loay Lorenzo
Lorenzo High-End Apartments, Downtown

Return to “Archive”