Simon_Mcknight
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Takeshi Sakai

[Detective Job] Takeshi_Sakai [A]

Post by Simon_Mcknight » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:45 am

[pre]THE DETECTIVE JOB[/pre]
- THIS PROCESS IS ENTIRELY OUT-OF-CHARACTER -

Applying for the job does not guarantee that you will get it. Following the recent revisions made to the detective job, the job itself is no longer accessible by every player in the server. In an effort to ensure that the role-play surrounding private investigations - be it on a legal or illegal front - is rewarding for those involved & that the niche field of role-play is given the attention it deserves, the job is only open to those who are going to use it as a primary means of role-play. If you do not intend on doing so, do not bother posting this application as we will not struggle to recognise those who want the job for genuine purposes and those that do not.
  • In-Game Name: Takeshi Sakai
    Level: 66

Are you currently role-playing with a faction?: No
    • If yes, which?: N/A
    • If yes, how does investigative role-play relate to your role within said faction?: N/A
    Why do you want the detective job?: Takeshi Sakai is a character that I've had for many years now, close to 4 years I believe which has gone through quite a lot and paranoia is one of those things that has a great impact on his life. The fear of getting caught, getting hurt, put his family/friends in danger or in general get imprisoned. I had family roleplay going on for 1-2 years, which made changed my character in many ways, the younger kids and the fear of losing his fortune, putting his family into danger if he gets caught in some activity and abandoning them, a lot of things were taken into account and the small name that he had made for himself during that time, it would be a shame to get caught in some illegal activity, hence the paranoia which still haunts him till date.

The family roleplay has ended now and ICly, the kids are grown up and are living their own lives in different countries which has made my character a bit more reckless than he used to be.

Takeshi Sakai is the type of person who likes to play it very safe, usually has people to do stuff for him, doesn't give out his personal information to a strangers and usually keeps to himself and only takes a part in illegal stuff when he absolutely has to or trusts the individual. There are cases where I do take my chances however, which is where the detective job would come in handy. I've actively been roleplaying and been par-taking in illegal activities since the beginning, it however mainly gets done by someone I know, someone who works for my character or is simply a business partner. My character is known to some people, both legal and illegal ones, who knows parts and pieces of my characters deep history as he rarely shares the full story and only gives things away which he is comfortable with. Even the closest ones wouldn't know everything about him but the more he knows the better, as he loves information and likes to play around with it once he has it. I have been able to blackmail people in the past, both for money and when that didn't go through, to slow down the competition a little.

That's a very small fraction of my character story but it should give an idea of why I want the detective job.

How do you intend on using the detective job?: The way I intend on using the detective job is the same way I have used it in the past, the main reason is to protect himself and people he knows from moles and so on, he has been meeting with more people recently, people he doesn't know much about so having the ability to check them before getting into depth about something would be quite nice. Security has always been a huge thing when it comes to my character as you might have noticed from the question above but yeah, that's the main reason I want the detective job but if other opportunities or reasons pop up, where I'd have to mole someone or put a tracker on somebody just to gain some information or something alike, I'll most definitely do that.
Should you be given the job, be aware that any misuse of its features will result in significant repercussions. If at any point you name-change, be it by choice or as a result of a character kill, you must /leavejob. Failure to do so may potentially result in repercussions too.

Picky
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: [Mask 205713_83]

Re: [Detective Job] Takeshi_Sakai

Post by Picky » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:48 am

Your detective job application has been accepted!
  • What now?
    • Make a /re in-game explaining that your job application was accepted and that you need it to be given to you.
    • Ensure that you're familiar with the rules outlined in the application.
I have a question!

Return to “Archive”