Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Taskforce
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[Detective Job] Jonathan Garrett [A]

Post by Taskforce » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:34 pm

[pre]THE DETECTIVE JOB[/pre]
- THIS PROCESS IS ENTIRELY OUT-OF-CHARACTER -

Applying for the job does not guarantee that you will get it. Following the recent revisions made to the detective job, the job itself is no longer accessible by every player in the server. In an effort to ensure that the role-play surrounding private investigations - be it on a legal or illegal front - is rewarding for those involved & that the niche field of role-play is given the attention it deserves, the job is only open to those who are going to use it as a primary means of role-play. If you do not intend on doing so, do not bother posting this application as we will not struggle to recognise those who want the job for genuine purposes and those that do not.
  • In-Game Name: Jonathan Garrett
    Level: 39

Are you currently role-playing with a faction?: No
    • If yes, which?: N/A
    • If yes, how does investigative role-play relate to your role within said faction?: N/A
    Why do you want the detective job?:
    Up until now I have never roleplayed independently, I was always part of any organisation/faction. I decided to give roleplaying alone a chance, and see what it has to offer. It has plenty of benefits comparing to roleplaying in an organisation and remain under its walls and boundaries. When roleplaying alone, you are the only one responsible for your own roleplay, and seeing that I have gathered experience and knowledge from both legal and illegal factions, I believe I am capable of creating an environment in which I guide myself.

The particular reason I want to obtain the Detective Job is because this line of work interests me. In the past I was roleplaying in SADOC and was the Head of Facility Intelligence Unit, where there I was in charge of all the crimes that occurred inside the prison, with the emphasize on STG (Security Threat Group) - that focused on interrogating prison gang members (PEN-1, eMe). The work was truly satisfying and enjoyable for both sides, and done very realistically. In addition to that, I was in the Parole Operations Unit - which focuses on conducting surveillances on parolees.

I admit that this type of roleplay was the highlight in my entire career on this community. I highly enjoyed everything this genre contained, and I would really like to resume occupying myself in it. I am convinced that should I be given the chance to pursue this job, I will portray a realistic envrionment of detective work. I believe that the sky is the limit here - everything is possible if the person is open-minded and knows how to handle the power and responsibility he is given with this job.

How do you intend on using the detective job?:
    I intend on creating a firm of my own, I already have multiple ideas in mind and the entire project sounds really fascinating. The firm would offer its services regarding everything this job is offering. It will range from gathering information on a suspiciously cheating partner, up until helping an hit-and-run victim to capture the criminal by finding his identity and legally handing his details to the law enforcement, with as much evidences as possible. As I mentioned before, the sky is the limit in this gerne, and I believe to be an open-minded person that can lead myself to great places with this.

Once accumulated in-character experience and later when I will be known as a professional and reliable person, I plan on expanding the firm and start hiring individuals to work with me. The recruitment process will be done stricly and the person will have to prove his knowledge prior to taking part of the company. Only that way I can assure 100% professional and realistic roleplay environment. If everything goes as originally planned, this firm can grow into a wider organisation in no time.

Also worth mentioning that this roleplay will be stricly legal. I sincerely don't want to get involved with illegal acts and in-character abuse of the job. I want it to work my way into being a known private investigator and lead the firm into great places, and I believe that the only way to get this happen is by roleplaying an entirely legal organisation. I have begun reading real life documents regarding how private investigators work and operate, and everyday I double my knowledge about it. I am really curious to expand my knowledge and learn as much as possible, not only because of the roleplay itself, but because this had caught my interest very much.
Should you be given the job, be aware that any misuse of its features will result in significant repercussions. If at any point you name-change, be it by choice or as a result of a character kill, you must /leavejob. Failure to do so may potentially result in repercussions too.

Hudson
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [Detective Job] Jonathan Garrett

Post by Hudson » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:59 am

Your detective job application has been accepted!
  • What now?
    • Make a /re in-game explaining that your job application was accepted and that you need it to be given to you.
    • Ensure that you're familiar with the rules outlined in the application.
I have a question!

Return to “Archive”