Turf Map & Information

Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

damaz
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Turf Map & Information

Post by damaz » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:06 pm

Faction turfs
In order for faction leaders and faction members to keep track on who role-plays where so that they do not open up a faction in another factions turf we use a turf map. The turf map is an out-of-character map which display the turf of the current active factions. The information you get from the turf map is only to be used out-of-character and may NOT be used in-character unless your character actually has knowledge of who resides in said turf.

In order to view the turf map, you can click here or simply type in http://ls-rp.com/turfmap/ in your browser.

I have a faction and I want to apply for turf on the turf map. What do I do?
Before you fill in the format that you get below please ensure that you and your faction fulfills these requirements. Your request will be ignored if you simply do not follow these requirements.

In order to gain a position on the turf map your faction must follow these requirements. This is to ensure that your faction actually is here to stay and is not just here for a week then closes. Faction Management get far too many requests about getting added to the turf map and then the faction just closes days after they have applied.

Requirements for getting added:
  • A faction has to be active for at least two weeks in order to apply for a turf.
  • A faction has to reside in at least one property from the turf they are requesting.
    (Note: By reside, we expect the members to own or rent in a house or own/lease a business in the area. Note to self is you can not stack an unrealistic amount of members in one property. Each member has to be justified to live in the chosen property. Example: If 10 members rent at a single house, you won't be passing this requirement!)
  • A faction must apply for a turf that suits their size. Example: If you are a small unorganized gang of about 4-5 members, then you may not apply for an entire neighborhood. Each faction has to provide evidence of using the turf that they are requesting. By this, all factions are expected to make use of their entire turf.
Format for applying:
When applying for turf you MUST make sure that you follow ALL requirements stated above. You must also follow the proper format given below. You must also label your request with "Faction Turf" and nothing else. This is to avoid the private message getting lost in my inbox.

Code: Select all

[b]Faction name:[/b]
[b]Link to faction topic:[/b]
[b]When did your faction start?:[/b] 
[b]Desired turf color:[/b] Input is HEX codes. For example: #FFFFFF is white. 
[b]A sketch/marking of the turf that you apply for:[/b] Use this map to mark/or take a screenshot of the turf map. http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140207210705/gtawiki/images/b/b3/SanAndreas-TerrainMap.jpg 
[b]Evidence of my faction & members being active in said turf:[/b] LEAVE THIS BLANK IF YOU HAVE SCREENSHOTS ON YOUR FACTION TOPIC!
Turf applications gets sent over private messages to gus.

After you have applied for the turf then please be patient and do not spam out private messages to any of the faction management members. It takes some time to investigate whether your faction is eligible for the turf or not. We ask for your patience. Your turf will not be lost and another faction won't be able to get it, if you applied first.

What happens if someone comes role-playing in my turf that isn't marked yet on the turf map?
If you are the one who started your faction up first and hold a satisfying activity, the turf belongs to you "unofficially" if it isn't added on the turf map yet. We would like you to try to solve the issue with the other faction moving in on your turf, in-character. But, if that is not possible then you may use /report in-game or create a faction report on the said faction and faction management will ensure that the faction gets moved. The faction managers will use the date of when the faction topic is created to determine whether or not the faction should move or not.

If the two factions started up at almost the same time then the faction management will simply determine which faction is the most active and perhaps split the turf in halves so that both factions gets satisfied.

I want to expand my turf since a nearby faction closed. What do I have to do?
The Faction Management can not stress enough how hard it is to gain access to another turf. Like previously mentioned, you must be able to prove that your faction are able to fully produce role-play not only in the turf that you already have but in the other turf you apply for as well. Taking another turf is completely in-character. However, you need to make sure you have accomplished all the requirements again (see above!). You may send another application for expanding the turf if fourteen days haven't passed. it is up to the Faction Management to decide if you have to wait fourteen days or not.
i was head of testers, head of factions and an in-game lead admin. i also led a faction called Beasley & Associates now i'm just that washed up swede

damaz
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Re: Turf Map & Information

Post by damaz » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:08 pm

NOTE!

If you have applied for the turf in the past days and have not yet been added to the turf map this is due to the new requirements getting established. You have to re-send your application after you fulfill the new requirements! All old applications about getting added to the turf map without fulfilling the proper requirements will be ignored. Sorry for the inconvenience.
i was head of testers, head of factions and an in-game lead admin. i also led a faction called Beasley & Associates now i'm just that washed up swede

damaz
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by damaz » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:13 pm

All turf map requests goes to gus' inbox now. Please forward all applications there in the future.

Thanks.

Ethanol
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ethanol » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:04 am

You may PM me or any of the current FM members regarding turf. I know how critical it is in some cases so if any of the members are busy, just talk to me directly.

Return to “Info/Guidelines/Updates Archive”